Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having issues with the power trunk door on my 14 limited. It will open fine, but won't close. It thinks something is in the way possibly and will only lower a couple inches and then stop with warning beeps.

Tried resetting position to completely open and nothing seems to work.

The real problem is its intermittent, usually will give me problems at grocery store or away from home. Took it to the dealer this morning to reset timing or troubleshoot and they couldn't find anything wrong. Then later today same problem, wouldn't close. Nothing in trunk, nothing in it's way.

Anybody else experience this? Is there a way to clean sensors or calibrate? I can't even see where they are.

Annoying to have to bring it back again and they may not encounter the issue.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Never had any issues with my 2014 LTD.
Will be curious what the issue is and how it is resolved

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you tried resetting the door .... turning the power off with the button in the glove compartment, opening and closing manually the turning the power back on with the button?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have, and I took it in last Thursday and they said it was fixed. Unfortunately, still won't close the first 5-7 times button pressed after opening. Going back to the dealer tomorrow to figure out what's going on. Such a pain. Of course, when I explain the problem at service center it works as it should. I recorded a video this time to show. Hopefully they can figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts