Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I sold my 1996 2 door a few months back. It was fully loaded. I bought a 1998 2 door that was base, no options. I did a complete switch of the door harnesses, power window assembly, door trim and mirrors. I decided not to bother with locks because one motor was was burnt out anyway. Locks would have worked as I can still here solinoid kick on and off. Mirrors work. But I can't get the windows to. Harness would be the same as far as I can tell. So would window switch. But something between battery and the fuse/plug panel by drivers side kick panel is preventing it. I saw somewhere about the hidden 30amp fuse to the right of fuse block. That's fine. Looked for a spot(even if not marked) to place a fuse of solinoid...no luck. Any help would be awesome!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is from the shop manual:

WHEN THE IGNITION SW IS TURNED ON, CURRENT FLOWS THROUGH THE GAUGE FUSE " TERMINAL 1 OF THE DOOR LOCK
CONTROL RELAY " TERMINAL 15 " TERMINAL 1 OF THE POWER MAIN RELAY " TERMINAL 2 " GROUND. THIS ACTIVATES THE
RELAY, AND THE CURRENT FROM POWER FUSE FLOWS THROUGH TERMINAL 5 OF THE RELAY TO TERMINAL 3 " TERMINAL 9
(2-DOOR), 7 OR 8 (4-DOOR) OF THE POWER WINDOW MASTER SW " TERMINAL 6 (2-DOOR), 1 OR 2 (4-DOOR) OF THE MASTER
SW "GROUND.
1. MANUAL OPERATION (DRIVER’S WINDOW)
WITH THE IGNITION SW TURNED ON AND THE POWER WINDOW MASTER SW (MANUAL SW) AT UP POSITION, THE CURRENT
THROUGH TERMINAL 9 (2-DOOR), 7 OR 8 (4-DOOR) OF THE POWER WINDOW MASTER SW FLOWS TO TERMINAL 3 (2-DOOR), 6
(4-DOOR) OF THE MASTER SW " TERMINAL 1 (2-DOOR) , 2 (4-DOOR) OF THE POWER WINDOW MOTOR " TERMINAL 2 (2-DOOR ),
1 (4-DOOR) " TERMINAL 4 (2-DOOR) , 13 (4-DOOR) OF THE MASTER SW " TERMINAL 6 (2-DOOR) , 1 OR 2 (4-DOOR) " GROUND,
ROTATING THE POWER WINDOW MOTOR IN THE UP DIRECTION. THE WINDOW ASCENDS ONLY WHILE THE POWER WINDOW
MASTER SW (MANUAL SW) IS PUSHED. IN DOWN OPERATION, THE CURRENT THROUGH TERMINAL 9 (2-DOOR), 7 OR 8 (4-DOOR)
OF THE POWER WINDOW MASTER SW FLOWS TO TERMINAL 4 (2-DOOR), 13 (4-DOOR) OF THE MASTER SW " TERMINAL 2
(2-DOOR), 1 (4-DOOR) OF THE POWER WINDOW MOTOR " TERMINAL 1 (2-DOOR), 2 (4-DOOR) " TERMINAL 3 (2-DOOR), 6
(4-DOOR) "TERMINAL 6 (2-DOOR), 1 OR 2 (4-DOOR) "GROUND, ROTATING THE MOTOR IN THE DOWN DIRECTION.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you install the power relay on the back of the fuse panel?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, please, tell me more lol! Only thing I am not good at is anything electrical. Is this a fuse panel in engine bay or one by drivers knee?

·
Registered
621 Posts
No, please, tell me more lol! Only thing I am not good at is anything electrical. Is this a fuse panel in engine bay or one by drivers knee?
This is for a 99 model, so it should be close to a 98, but the 99 is more like the 2000.
Third page down is the fuse panel by the drivers knee, the power relay is on the back-side and is shown a toward the bottom of the page.

Your 98, may or may not, be different.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much guys!!!! I will go buy one tomorrow. I took a pic of the back and sure enough it's missing. I checked all over for a missing relay slot and couldn't find one. Luckily it was winter here so didn't really need them. Finally got my cruise control in too. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts