Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Power Window Lock Switch - Fuse?

45K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  DL175 
#1 ·
Only the driver side window works. I can' open any other window from the master window switches on the driver side door - or the door window switches at each door. The Window Lock Switch is not depressed (maybe it's broke??) - is there a fuse that controls this lock switch? Maybe the car thinks it's depressed when it's not.... I can't find anything via Google on power window lock switches. My Rav4 is a 2008 V6
If the lock switch is broke - do I have to replace ALL power switches on the driver's door - or just that one lock switch? Where can I get one?
I'm hoping it's just a fuse.....
FYI: I just recently had a radio ampliphier installed and wonder if a fuse got blown.....

#2 · (Edited)
Check your PWR relay. It's in the panel just above the hood release. Look for the blue relay in the middle:

This relay may have become dislodged. Another symptom to verify this would be the power outlet in front of the cupholder would be dead. If it is the BAT fuse, that would be the 120A (140A with towing package) under the hood. Look for it in the fuse box just behind the battery. Good luck!

#3 ·
Update: The relay wasn't loose.... the power outlet by the cup holder was working fine. I checked all the window fuses - and all were good. the 120A fuse was also good. I can operate the back windows from the back window switches. I can NOT open the passener front window with either the passenger front door switch or the drivers door switch. I can NOT operator any windows (except the drivers window) from the drivers door master switches. The window lock switch is not depressed. very weird.....

if the power lock switch is on - then I shouldn;t be able to operate the back windows at each door. and I can do that.... if the passenger front window mechanism is broken - then i would think i would be able to operate the back windows from the drivers door - but I can't.

Any ideas????

I don;t really mind (as a major problem) not being able to operate the windows from the drivers master switches - but I do want to be able to open the passenger front window somehow.....

help please......

#11 ·
I had the exact same scenario as Eddie. 2009 Rav4 limited -I replaced my factory JBL with a different head unit, I used a wiring harness fro AXIS i think it was. I put in an amp and sub too. I don't know exactly when my windows starting acting funny, but I checked that fuse, replaced it and I'm back to normal!! thanks so much guys!!

You can see the fuse I replaced, it's reddish, advance auto parts 4 bucks I think. I couldn't see the blown one even with my glasses on. I had to test continuity of the fuse and it failed. Maybe one thing to look for is on the oem pink fuses you see the middle piece is bright silver color. In the case of the burnt fuse, this piece was more yellowish.
Pink Product Electronics Technology Electronic device

#5 ·
eddielake said:
looks like this turned out to be a FUSE issue... looking at your pictures - I found a fuse blown. It wasn't the relay fuse - but instead it was the PINK 30amp fuse (the one in the middle of your 2nd picture). this shoudl fix the problem......
Glad to hear you got it sorted out! Turns out that's the PWR fuse, which controls (guess what?) the PWR relay! So it was behaving as if the PWR relay was unplugged.

#6 ·
Same problem with my auris

hello
i have 2010 model auris. i changed my sound system with new speakers and sound ampli.

after then my power windows switchs and door lock switch didnt work. only left window button is working without auto function. other buttons and power doors button didnt work. only front left window button is flashing. ohters have no light. bottons on passengers doors working well

i checked all fuses tried to push and pull the button and hold for a second but it didnt work
please help

#7 ·
eddielake said:
looks like this turned out to be a FUSE issue... looking at your pictures - I found a fuse blown. It wasn't the relay fuse - but instead it was the PINK 30amp fuse (the one in the middle of your 2nd picture). this shoudl fix the problem......
there ara 3 little pink fuse in 2nd picture.

Which one is blown ?? left one, right one or the middle one ??

#9 ·
my fuses is not blown. when i disconnect that fuse all windows switchs are not working. was your door lock button working before you solved this problem? because my passenger windows and door lock button on driver panel is not working too. how can i solve this problem? my ecu can be burned?

#12 ·
I had the same thing too - driver window worked, passenger window did not work at all, and rear windows worked from their own switches but not from the master switch. I replaced the bottom left pink 30A fuse and it was good to go. Thank goodness for this thread, it would have been a real pain to figure out otherwise, even with electrical wiring diagrams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.