Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

If you look back at a previous thread, I stated how I've had issues with my power windows. I changed the fuse, and it worked! Well, not so fast.

This morning, when putting a window down, smoke began pouring out of under the master switch. It came from the black wire being melted, as shown.

Is it because of the fuse I just put in? What do I do? I've done a number of things to this vehicle and I'm this close to getting rid of it. I'm a college student and cannot afford these types of issues repeatedly that will take money out of my wallet.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
According to Toyota, this problem occurs when somebody puts oil or grease on the power window master switch. Supposedly only a special Toyota lubricant can be used. There was a recall for this on the 4.3 models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Toyota, this problem occurs when somebody puts oil or grease on the power window master switch. Supposedly only a special Toyota lubricant can be used. There was a recall for this on the 4.3 models.

Interesting. How should I go about this then? I have another Master Switch that works, (given tested once) that was NOT made by Toyota. (SwitchDoctor) If I "switched" (Ha, trying to have humor in this irritating matter) is there a chance it would solve the issue???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts