Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Rav4 has power windows that were working fine until just the other day when I could no longer operate all three windows other than the driver's window. Since all three went out at the same time I'm pretty sure it can't be that all three motors stopped working at the same time. It's gotta be something else. I checked the fuse box but I'm not sure which one is for the windows. I'm kinda stuck right now. Any ideas on what I should try next???

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the driver's window works, all fuses related to that are probably ok. Check the lockout switch in the master switch to see if it has the other windows locked.

The master switch could be bad. Don't replace it just because it might be the problem. I have seen shotgun repairs end up costing more money because a faulty part was installed when there was nothing wrong with the original part to begin with.

If that is ok, there might be a wiring issue in the wiring harness between the driver's door and the body. This harness gets flexed every time the door opens and closes, so over time wires can break. Try the windows with the driver's door in different positions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts