Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RAV4 J 1998 series.I Was trying to manually lift the left front window using direct connection from the battery and accidentally short the positive and the negative wire. Now all the windows are not working. Did a test using test light to all the switch but there's no power. Motors are fine too..
Any suggestions please.

·
Super Moderator
9,542 Posts
Hopefully it's a blown fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this a 2-door or 4-door Rav4?

Are the power locks also not working? If not, try fuse 33 (30 amps), near the driver's left knee (more or less) as shown at Toyota RAV4 (XA10; 1998 - 1999) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius
It's a 4 door and yes the lo
Is this a 2-door or 4-door Rav4?

Are the power locks also not working? If not, try fuse 33 (30 amps), near the driver's left knee (more or less) as shown at Toyota RAV4 (XA10; 1998 - 1999) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius
4 doors and power locks are not working as well. Also no power at the main control switches at the driver's side.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The aforementioned fuse also powers the master switch at the driver's side. It is where I would start. I attach the wiring diagrams for the 1999 Rav4. The 1998's are the same. You can do a keyword search for "power windows" and get to the specific diagram pretty quickly.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts