Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get anything in the mail about a potential power window recall? (danger of the switch overheating and melting). I just did. The letter said that there will be more to come.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Received a letter today stating I will be notified when a remedy is available.

·
Super Moderator
10,127 Posts
Yep, a letter saying they'll send a letter later.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
We have two in that time era and haven't received squat.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,127 Posts
Sorry guys, your could have mine but I threw it out. It talked about adding some grease to the switch or replacing it.
I'm not too worried. It's nothing like the apparently very dangerous air bag recall I kept getting letters on from Honda for my '03 Odyssey. Still got one after I had it done. What was VERY interesting about that was they used the wrong parts the first time :doh: so they gave me an urgent call not to drive the it. They came to the house that day picked up the van and left a loaner. I was out for a few hours and the van was back when I got home. I wonder if heads rolled on that one. :wall

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had an electrical fire in a rig once so I'm motivated to get it checked.

If you don't get a letter about it, maybe it's not on the list for those affected. You can check and see in the Toyota.com/owners website. I didn't wait for a second letter. Dealer said they are now checking/greasing/fixing them all across all Toyota lines. Typical Toyota--their snail mail notifications are lame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts