Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I came across this post and these are the exact symptoms I'm having with my drivers window at the moment. The problem was unable to be solved on the original post. Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be happening?

My drivers window will go up or down but then start to run out of steam as if it had it's own battery that was weak. If I wait a minute it will work again and then die again. As long as I use it sparingly I'll be OK, but I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Could it be the switch, regulator, or motor? Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 L 4wd, 2005 Galactic gray 4runner V6 4wd
393 Posts
Hi All,

I came across this post and these are the exact symptoms I'm having with my drivers window at the moment. The problem was unable to be solved on the original post. Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be happening?

My drivers window will go up or down but then start to run out of steam as if it had it's own battery that was weak. If I wait a minute it will work again and then die again. As long as I use it sparingly I'll be OK, but I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Could it be the switch, regulator, or motor? Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks in advance!
any solution to this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem, and happened upon a youtube video where the guy suggested spraying silicone lube into the window track. It actually helped quite a bit... YMMV... :)

Ah, found it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts