Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Rav4. My drivers side power window is the only one that works. I'm usually tho only one using the car, so I don't know how long this has been going on. All three 20A window fuses under the dash are okay. I really don't know where to go from here. My only thought is that it's a heck of a coincidence for 3 windows to fail separately from each other so the problem must be before the wiring splits off to the individual doors. Maybe in the master switch on the driver's door? Before I start randomly tearing into things, I wonder if anybody has had this problem before, or has other suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only just found out about the recall while researching today. I'm the original owner of the car and never got a recall notice. I'll have to check with the dealer to see if they did it during routine maintenance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Power Windows - Child Safety Switch?

Wasn't mentioned if the windows would not power down from the local switch, or if they're dead on the driver's panel as well....

On the later models there is a toggle switch that locks out the local window switches so they can only be controlled from the driver's panel - could that be happening?

Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't mentioned if the windows would not power down from the local switch, or if they're dead on the driver's panel as well....

On the later models there is a toggle switch that locks out the local window switches so they can only be controlled from the driver's panel - could that be happening?

Doug
BINGO!

I must have inadvertently pressed the button....which considering the location is easy to do. Good catch, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
I've done the same thing. It drove me nuts until I figured out it was my own doing. :wall

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those who (like me) read this thread and are wondering where the Child Window Protection switch can be found, it's located on the drivers door, just 10mm forward of the main doors Lock & Unlock rocker switch. (I looked it up in the manual for my 2014). :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I have a Toyota Rav4 2006 with a faulty power window switch. All the power window switches and locks work except the driver window switch. Could it be the mechanical motor that is failing because all the power window fuses are okay.Thank you.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hello I have a Toyota Rav4 2006 with a faulty power window switch. All the power window switches and locks work except the driver window switch. Could it be the mechanical motor that is failing because all the power window fuses are okay.Thank you.
I'd say you have a faulty drivers door window switch. That should be easy for a shop to test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts