Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing some Power Stop Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors with Carbon Ceramic pads.
I put these on my IS300 last year and really enjoyed them, so had to upgrade the Rav! Little to no dust and zero fading under hard braking.
Number: Power Stop K4101 (for front and rear)
Note on the rear pads: They come with two sets of retaining clips, most likely because they'll fit other cars. One set will fit very snug in the caliper and has a wider opening (when referencing the front and back pads) - those are the ones you'll want to use.

I wasn't looking for SS lines, but it came up in the "customers also bought" on Amazon so I figured what the hell. Perfect fit! I haven't found a set for the back, but I'm not really worried about those. Installation was very easy because you can unbolt the stock line brackets while leaving the line attached, install the new line with brackets, and can then quickly remove & replace one side of the line at a time. This just makes the process a little cleaner without dripping a ton of fluid.
Number: StopTech 950.44036

New line brackets installed with original line still attached:

New line installed:

I then took my old IS300 wheels and got some new tires for them so I don't have to drive around with snow tires all year, lol
19x8 +42. Put 245/55/19 tires on them. No rubbing issues, and the car settled a little better from the pics. Obviously it's taller than the stock setup so it sits up a bit higher and should have a slight speedo difference (like 3% I think).
Removed the spacers I had on the hubs, the new wheels with that offset definitely don't need em! Will have to get some outside pics soon after I clean it up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice work! Is that the Megan racing sway bar I see there? How do you like them? I love the feeling of proper brakes. Upgraded them on my 2008 RX350 with 2010-2015 RX350 front calipers/rotors/pads and 2010-2015 Euro-spec RX450h rear calipers with vented IS350 rotors and topped it off with Safebrake SS brake lines as well.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Camera lens Rim

Automotive tire Camera accessory Gas Auto part Bicycle part

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Crankset Wheel Hub gear Locking hubs

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice!
As for the bar - yeah it's the Megan NX300 one (Suspension overhaul complete, incredible difference!) It really stiffened up the front with the rest that I did. I noticed there's another setting on the bar, so I may switch to that and see if I notice any difference now that I have tires that actually stick to the road!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up with Otani KC2000 All Season Radial Tire 245/55R19, which were surprisingly cheapest on Amazon. I'll only use them for summer so I tried to find something with a more road-friendly tread pattern. They are quiet and have been good so far!
Wider wheels and tires definitely fit - I dug through the wheel & tire thread for quite a while before I settled on that size. Looking at the fitment it looks like a 255 may also work, but not neccessary.

Reactions: 2011BaseV6
1 - 5 of 5 Posts