Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I start my 17 Rav4 Hybrid, an orange display on the dash says the pre-collision is off? Picture is on page 277 of the manual. However, when I go to settings it says its turned on? Dealer cant help over the phone. Just seeing if this is normal? Why would it say it is off every time I start the vehicle?

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
You need to provide more information. When you start the car ALL the systems do a self-test which includes the warning lights. After a few seconds everything should indicate normally. If there's any real issue, the dealer can obtain the error code from the computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the warning lights turn off after it starts. My question is why does it say "Off" like that. It's telling a driver your pre collapse system is turned off. Do you understand?

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Every time I start my 17 Rav4 Hybrid, an orange display on the dash says the pre-collision is off? Picture is on page 277 of the manual. However, when I go to settings it says its turned on? Dealer cant help over the phone. Just seeing if this is normal? Why would it say it is off every time I start the vehicle?
Turn it off, and see what message you get at start up. I agree with others, this a normal test of lights and displays.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
Turning PCS off does not survive a power cycle, it turns itself back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts