Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when parking the front and rear parking assist will show lines on dash as well as beep (thankfully volume is adjustable); however, is there any kind of forward collision warning?

My Honda Accord has it and saved me from rear ending the car in front of me on the highway when traffic went from 70 to zero suddenly. Unfortunately, the car behind me slammed the brakes in time but the minivan behind him plowed his car into mine causing 3 car pile up. Seems like RAV4 has all tech necessary for this feature.

Anyone know if there's a way to turn on the sound if there's a car in your blind spot when you signal? The current BSM flashing in mirror is almost too subtle. The Hyundai Tucson beeps which is nicer (although too loud and not adjustable)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes there is a forward collision warning - a red square appears on the 4.2" display (only useful if you are about to crash because you are looking at that display!) and a series of beeps sound. I think it would be more effective if you could adjust the volume and if the radio were muted as well. As for BSM, there is an audio warning with that as well but it only sounds when you start to steer the car into the adjacent lane. This make sense to me as many drivers signal their intent to change lanes with the turn signal so have the warning at that point wouldn't work for them. Maybe this could be configured.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info. Where is the red square (same place as parking assist picture in display)?

I think the audio warning when you steer into an adjacent lane is actually the Lane Departure Warning. It only works at speeds over 32mph. I tried this once and let the car drift over into the next lane and the car actually beeps and then auto steers it back a little. It would be nice if there was a beep when you did signal and tried to change lanes without realizing there's a car in your blind spot. IMHO, the Hondas have be the best system since you can see your blind spot on your nav screen when you signal right. The small orange light in the mirror which flashes is too subtle. I wish they could program it to beep a little.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haven't needed BSM that often so you are probably right that it was the lane departure alert or maybe I am mixing up the BSM and RCTA warnings. Either way, BSM should have a tone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts