Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced just the bearings on their 4.3 Rav via press? I can't seem to find just the bearings anywhere online but there are a plethora of hub assembly with bearings. It would be nice to be able to replace with just the bearings rather than spending $130 for each hub assembly.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
They don't seem to sell the bearing seperate just the bearings with the hub. Check Rockauto they have good prices.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Many cars adopted this hub system. It's actually better for longevity, being assembled in factory. Also races are part of the hub, not separate like in the bearings case, allowing for thight tolerances.
Lastly... It's much more DIY friendly, no adjustment needs to be made.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Many cars adopted this hub system. It's actually better for longevity, being assembled in factory. Also races are part of the hub, not separate like in the bearings case, allowing for thight tolerances.
Lastly... It's much more DIY friendly, no adjustment needs to be made.
Adjustment? I have never heard of an adjustment on pressed in bearings vs hub assembly. You can often times buy the bearing and not the entire hub, but once assembled, they are non serviceable until failure. I have replaced many wheel bearings on different vehicles and some have no provision for replacing just the bearing and you have to buy the hub assembly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone replaced just the bearings on their 4.3 Rav via press? I can't seem to find just the bearings anywhere online but there are a plethora of hub assembly with bearings. It would be nice to be able to replace with just the bearings rather than spending $130 for each hub assembly.
As far as I know this can't be done, you have to buy the whole hub/bearing assembly. it's a sealed unit, there is no grease to apply or bearings to "seat". It's actually a nice system, I went through this (and asked a similar question to you) before with a previous vehicle with same type setup. Just bolt on to specs and done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts