Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well lots of dealers are dropping the price to close to invoice even on the v6. My dealer has a FLINT MICA SPORT V6 sitting there for almost 3 weeks now. Another local dealer had 20 Ravs last night in NY

Carmax and fitzmall have them at $200 over invoice

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D When I started checking prices today, it was the first time I noticed Internet specials on all or most of the RAVs, like 2,000 dollars off.... Not only one dealer in the area, but a few. So maybe its a Holiday thing, or it may last longer. Will keep checking....

F

·
0 Posts
With most Americans having decided to be slaves to the banks by carrying massive debt loads, housing markets turning down and forclosures increasing everywhere, and gasoline prices higher, in real terms, than the last peak in 1982, it would be no surprise if sales of big-ticket items such as cars slow down.

Even though most of the RAV-4s probably pass through the ports in California, it still seems that Limited V6 models are scarce. The four wheel drive Limited V6s are so scarce here that even the giant Longo dealership has only listed one every time I have checked their web site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
V6 LTD 4x4 w/ 3rd row

FStephenMasek said:
Even though most of the RAV-4s probably pass through the ports in California, it still seems that Limited V6 models are scarce. The four wheel drive Limited V6s are so scarce here that even the giant Longo dealership has only listed one every time I have checked their web site.
Now throw in a 3rd row and you'll see how hard it was to find mine.

L

·
0 Posts
will other dealers match this internet price?

At the beginning of May I placed my order for a Rav. For a base 4wd I4 with curtain side air bags I was offered $22149. about $200 over invoice. The internet price listed on the link on the first post in this topic lists the same vehicle for 21600. I put a deposit on my order. What are the chances that my dealer will match the price. I live in CT and the dealer on the link is in VA. Do you think they will match an out of state dealer's price?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: will other dealers match this internet price?

lmp199 said:
At the beginning of May I placed my order for a RAV. For a base 4wd I4 with curtain side air bags I was offered $22149. about $200 over invoice. The internet price listed on the link on the first post in this topic lists the same vehicle for 21600. I put a deposit on my order. What are the chances that my dealer will match the price. I live in CT and the dealer on the link is in VA. Do you think they will match an out of state dealer's price?
:) No harm trying. One thing to check out is shipping cost.... That differs from place to place.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
RAV4 AVAIABLITY

Well only about 2.5% of RAV4s are Limited models. Same for Sport. V6s are also only about 15% so unless your looking for a Base I4, the selection is small. But I assume Toyota market reserch has determined that most will want Base I4. Hey before you kmow it we will be talkng about 2007 models here!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: RAV4 AVAIABLITY

JIMD4 said:
Well only about 2.5% of RAV4s are Limited models. Same for Sport. V6s are also only about 15% so unless your looking for a Base I4, the selection is small. But I assume Toyota market reserch has determined that most will want Base I4. Hey before you kmow it we will be talkng about 2007 models here!
:? Well maybe I should of been more specfic. I4s or V6's, at least in this area, is the first time I have seen on the Internet, marked down prices for the RAVs 4. Other models there were markdowns, but not the RAVs. and about 20 % and looked at a few Toyota dealers in the area and their inventory of RAVs they carry about 20 to 25% of V6's, however a good bit of them are the base mode. However I still see the discounts a good sign.....

You are correct, it will be time to talk about the 2007 model and see what new options are added or subtracted..........

S

·
0 Posts
Internet offers are usually a lot better than your local dealer walk-in, because they are trying to attract out of area sales...

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Rcycholl I owe you profuse thanks for listing this link for lustine toyota.
I found a car I needed on their webside, sent them a check, flew to IAD and then drove back home 1000 miles (breaking in the engine in the process) a couple of days later.
It was well worth it not only because of the below the invoice price but also my local dealers were not able to a deliver car with the combination of options I needed (4wd V6, 3rd row, towing package). My local toyota dealers suck big time and the experience I had at lustine was great. The best car buying experience I had. No brainwashing to get extended warranty or other nonsense.
This may sound like a plug-in, but I'm really heapy about my new RAV4 and the buying experience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
friendly_jacek said:
Rcycholl I owe you profuse thanks for listing this link for lustine toyota.
This may sound like a plug-in, but I'm really heapy about my new RAV4 and the buying experience.
Glad you found what you was looking for. Flew into IAD??? Went to Lustines, I think you passed my house going there..... :) :cheers:

C

·
0 Posts
I sure wish they had some V6 Limiteds in stock, but thanks for the link. It's a good sign!!

M

·
0 Posts
I purchased a Limited 4 Cylinder in Silver for $300 over invoice in Houston, Texas. I even got the dealer to order it and we took ownership of it at the end of March.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts