Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my Toyota dealer today to get my annual wiper blade refills. When the guy said it would be over $34 with tax for 3 refills I couldn't believe it! I told him never mind. These refills used to cost $6 each, and now they are over $10, even on Amazon! Some online dealers still list them for 6, but I don't know how much their shipping would be. Can I get some suggestions for good aftermarket blades that don't cost a fortune?

Driver side 600mm (24") - 85214-50100
Passenger side 425mm (17") - 85214-04012
Rear 305mm (12") - 85214-31010

·
Registered
932 Posts
I stopped by my Toyota dealer today to get my annual wiper blade refills. When the guy said it would be over $34 with tax for 3 refills I couldn't believe it! I told him never mind. These refills used to cost $6 each, and now they are over $10, even on Amazon! Some online dealers still list them for 6, but I don't know how much their shipping would be. Can I get some suggestions for good aftermarket blades that don't cost a fortune?

Driver side 600mm (24") - 85214-50100
Passenger side 425mm (17") - 85214-04012
Rear 305mm (12") - 85214-31010
if you want Denso:

Part Price Quantity Total
2011 TOYOTA RAV4 3.5L V6
Wiper & Washer : Wiper Blade
DENSO 1601117 Conventional Info

$4.32
$4.32 Remove
DENSO 1601124 Conventional Info

$8.35
$8.35 Remove
DENSO 1605512 Rear Info

$6.86
$6.86 Remove
Subtotal $19.53
Discount -$0.98
Country Zip/Postal Code

Shipping (You should receive by Monday, June 20)
Total $24.54
How Did You Hear About Us?
4552027641094364--coupon code

you can go cheaper

2011 TOYOTA RAV4 3.5L V6 Wiper & Washer Parts | RockAuto

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Thanks, focus123!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Prices also went up at my Toyota dealer, and they've begun to add a $1.99 "handling charge" to walk to the back room to get the parts, lol. I did get the driver side (24-inch) for $7, but the shorter passenger side (17-inch) was $10.32--and it did not fit! Used the 85214-04012 part number, dealer checked several packages--all too narrow. So not only higher priced, leaves me wondering if I find a cheaper OEM online will it even fit? Good ending though, the dealer gave me two driver side refills to compensate, and I cut one to fit the pax side.

Kind of bummed, the dealer parts prices had actually been pretty competitive before, and the counter guys very helpful on DIY questions. Prices had been quite good for filters, ATF, coolant and the various plastic rivets.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Prices also went up at my Toyota dealer, and they've begun to add a $1.99 "handling charge" to walk to the back room to get the parts, lol. I did get the driver side (24-inch) for $7, but the shorter passenger side (17-inch) was $10.32--and it did not fit! Used the 85214-04012 part number, dealer checked several packages--all too narrow. So not only higher priced, leaves me wondering if I find a cheaper OEM online will it even fit? Good ending though, the dealer gave me two driver side refills to compensate, and I cut one to fit the pax side.

Kind of bummed, the dealer parts prices had actually been pretty competitive before, and the counter guys very helpful on DIY questions. Prices had been quite good for filters, ATF, coolant and the various plastic rivets.
Been using after market parts for my 2009 with no fit issues for wiper blades.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Been using after market parts for my 2009 with no fit issues for wiper blades.
Well, I had no fit issues with the Toyota OEM refills either untill this incident. For once, they were nicely priced at the dealer parts shop and worked well. Perfect fit and cheaper than anything with the whole arm replaced.

But since Toyota seems to have balled up their supply with the wrong parts--and jacked the price--when I'm due next year, I'll likely go with the Denso refills at RockAuto you suggested.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prices also went up at my Toyota dealer, and they've begun to add a $1.99 "handling charge" to walk to the back room to get the parts, lol. I did get the driver side (24-inch) for $7, but the shorter passenger side (17-inch) was $10.32--and it did not fit! Used the 85214-04012 part number, dealer checked several packages--all too narrow.
Yeah, my dealer wanted $10.32 each for a total of $34.06 with tax. When I complained about the price he offered me a discount--said he could sell them to me for 9 bucks each! So I got the rear one for $9 and told him to keep the rest.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was buying Volvo wiper blades, for wife's 2002 v70 at a cost of $85 a pair...from Dealership.
(Cdn $$, including 13% tax).
After years of making this mistake:
- spent $40 on a pair of Bosch...didn't leave streaks & cleaned windshield better

·
Registered
268 Posts
I also went to Bosch blades for my Rav, and they do a great job.

I just got them for my daughter's 2014 Corolla, too. The Toyota breakdown did not even show refills for her car, just blades, at ridiculous prices.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I was buying Volvo wiper blades, for wife's 2002 v70 at a cost of $85 a pair...from Dealership.
(Cdn $$, including 13% tax).
After years of making this mistake:
- spent $40 on a pair of Bosch...didn't leave streaks & cleaned windshield better
Have you had a chance to compare theses with the Michelin All-season wipers? I have been using them for years and they a decent job ... and they are about $10 at Costco, each.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Have you had a chance to compare theses with the Michelin All-season wipers? I have been using them for years and they a decent job ... and they are about $10 at Costco, each.
Sorry, never tried the Michelin's / doesn't surprise me, that they work excellent.
- and one can't beat the Costco $$
I really like the Bosch beam blades & sure Michelin are very similar.
- were they shine, is especially in the winter months
- easy to clean ice, off the wiper beams (doesn't ice up hard), in morning & at end of the work day
- plus less accumulation of ice buildup on wiper blade rubber/frame, driving to & from destination

Only tried Bosch Evolution wipers & happy - my mechanic/garage friend, talked me into them.
- Bosch does have an ICON wiper, but more $$

I would never refill a stainless steel frame wiper frame / just better wipers, one can purchase now.
- and saving $40/pair over Volvo dealer, was an added bonus

S

·
0 Posts
And you can save alot of blade usage by using RAINX on windshield . . . . . it works as stated and betterr.
There is something to be said about driving at speed in moderate rain and don't need the wipers, as its
beading and running off that fast. Helps in winter also.
Yes you do have to reapply as needed. I do it after washing the ride usually once a month during summer.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
419 Posts
There is another product made by PPG called Aquapel. It's supposed to last much longer than Rain-X:

https://www.amazon.com/AQUAPEL-Windshield-Glass-Repellant-TREATMENTS/dp/B001GS685G
^^ Great link.
I'll place an order, before the winter months.
- reduce ice buildup, on auto glass & also use on bathroom shower doors

===============================================

Additionally, believe it or not, this helps with icy conditions in the winter too. Apply a new coat right at the beginning of winter and you won't have to scrape ice off of your windshield all season long. Obviously snow settles wherever it wants to, but it fluffs off of the surface with ease. Ice is just not a problem anymore. After I started keeping this stuff on my windshield and other windows on the car (only for winter time) the ice scraper collected dust in the house.

Do yourself a favor and try this stuff. You'll be please with the results.

A warning for installation: Do not smell this stuff! This cannot be overstated! There is some sort of acid in the mix and you need not inhale the fumes coming from the applicator, they will burn your nose for sure! Trust me!

Side note: It also works wonders on shower doors! Put this on the inside glass of your shower and you may never have to clean it again! Water just flies off the glass during the shower!

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'm currently using rainx fusion wiper blades. they look like the newer oem toyota wiper blades. after the rubber wears out i'm putting piaa silicone refills in them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts