Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just joined this site after reading for a while, and i am looking to buy a new rav. Ive been looking at the inventory of a few dealers on buyatoyota.com. Ive noticed that all the ravs being delivered in august have a $300 price increse over the ones already available or becoming available by the end of the month. I thought it was odd that not only are they still shipping new 2005 ravs in august but they are actually going to increase the prices. I would think they would lower the prices a few months before a model change. The only thing i could think was that maybe they could be 06 models in the 05 inventory. I spoke to a dealer who told us that they were no longer shipping 2005 rav4s and that the 2006 models would be here in 1-4 months, this was two weeks ago and now the website shows 2005 rav4s due in august.
I am sorry for the long confusing post.
I am very confused and dont know if i should even have posted this here.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Good observation. The price increase is kind of different since most manufactures try to sell off their remaining inventory before the new model change.

There is one problem with slashing prices of a previous model though. When a car company does this they "de-value "all exsisting models out there. Translation is that WE Rav owners would loose money on our Rav's if we wanted to trade them for new models.

This happened to me once on a domestic product and that is when I decided to buy only Honda or Toyota. A van I owned had depreciated $12,000 in two years and I could not get the trade in I required to get a new vehicle. All new models of the same Van had huge sales on them and I was left with something I paid too much for. At the time I bought it all Van's were close in prices (domestic) and then the market on them went in the pooper. I was left with an overpriced gas guzzling piece of poop.

To raise the price of the exsisting Rav's is good for all of us who own one but maybe not for the people looking for a deal. I think it will reflect the price of '06 Rav4 and you can bet that it will be more than $300 more than 2005. If you like this one BUY IT because you will pay alot more for the new one and who knows if it will be worth it? May just be alot of fluff. Its a gamble.

There never is any money to be made when buying a new vehicle. You can save buy asking for extras that normally don't come with it like accesories and things like that. Getting a fair price up front is what you should be concerned with and the trim level of the remaining 2005's coming in August may be an upgrade from the beginning of the model year. Check it out! 2005 is a great vehicle I think 2006 will be more bells and whistles in a different box. Might be better might be crap who knows. One thing is for sure if you wait it will cost you more.

Buy now and save while you can. Have them throw in something extra for you from their line of accesories check them out on line and them demand them as a deal closer.

Good luck! M.

·
Registered
191 Posts
"To help rivals in Detroit"

6/10/2005 Newspaper The Asahi Shimbun is reporting that Toyota’s plan to raise U.S. prices in October. Toyota is still using the “to help rivals in Detroit” line for the increases.

The hike will be in the 2 to 3 percent range. Reuters reports that a Toyota spokesman said the automaker has not made the official decision for the price hike.

If the increase comes to light, the Scion xA and xB, the Toyota Camry, RAV4 and Prius, as well as the Lexus LS and GS all received a boost in the billing department. The Scions go up by $200 and $500 respectively, although their sound systems now come standard with a mini-jack port on the head unit. (My iPod thanks you, Toyota.) The Camry will increase by $250, the Solara coupe by $150 and the convertible by $400. The RAV4 and the Prius will each go up to the tune of $300. Finally, the Lexus LS will rise by $300 and the GS by $250.

Though Toyota has gone back and forth on its motivation for this, we’re forced to wonder if these price hikes are really that big of a deal. Would $150 to $400 sway the decision of a consumer on the fence about purchasing a Toyota product :?:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it looks like there raising the prices a little sooner than oct then i guess. im not concerened over the 300 increase we have a 4.2 list price 22,781 on reserve and we got the price of 19500 and we are still going to get a spoiler added to it. i dont think that we will pay another 300 if we choose a different rav. I just think it is odd they are raising the prices right before they change the model. I need to buy a car before september so i really wish the 4.3 would come out in aug so i could have the choice between the two. o well i guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts