Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the absolute lowest price the dealer pays for the above mentioned car...i know that you take 504 off of invoice for the dealer holdback, but i find it hard to believe there aren't any "smoke and mirrors" so to speak to prevent us from knowing how much profit they make.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Such a tough question to get a real answer to.

My understanding is that even looking at the dealer invoice itself, and taking out things like holdback fees and such, there are still price point changes that occur behind the scenes between Toyota and the dealership. These are costs and such that we will never see unless we are deep into the dealership itself as an employee dealing with those numbers directly.

I could be wrong but that's my understanding of how things work...

S

·
0 Posts
i got my sport 4x4 for $288 under invoice about 1.5 weeks ago. i suggest you go to toyota.com and send off emails to all your local dealers. i sent off 6 emails and 2 came back w/ honest offers. then i had them outbid each other. i even talked them out out of the dealer handling fee (which i read is pure profit) and i took advantage of the $400 recent grad rebate that was applied right away to my down payment. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts