Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
LE AWD
OTD $35741 (no dealer add ons).
That's Canadian or US dollars? Did you compare specs between US and Canadian model LE AWD? When I bought mine I find price was quite different between our 2 country for the same model but Canadian models are spec'd very different with more stuffs as standard.

Reactions: Andre Lofano

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's Canadian or US dollars? Did you compare specs between US and Canadian model LE AWD? When I bought mine I find price was quite different between our 2 country for the same model but Canadian models are spec'd very different with more stuffs as standard.

This is Can $$. It appears Sunken (post ahead of mine) got a better deal than I.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m looking for a limited awd blizzard pearl. Msrp with dealer options (cross bar, weather liners, cargo net, running board) of 37,532. Price offered was 36,161 before taxes and fees.

A second offer I got but is in magnetic gray metallic. Msrp with dealer options (audio package $580, limited grade advance tech $1025) 38,393. Price offered was 35,688 before taxes and fees. A few questions. Does anyone know what is “SCT discount?” What does it mean when they say “cash deal” and “fees after rebate”

They quoted $1,955 sct discount and 750 rebate when financing with Toyota.

Sorry for all the questions. First time new buyer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got quoted at $32,500 OTD (1,000 cash back and $500 college graduate).

2019 Rav 4 XLE AWD Gray Metallic
South Jersey

Sticker: $32,322
MSRP: 28,700
XLE Weather Package: 485
XLE Convience Package: 1,295
All Weather Matts: 269
Body Side Modling: 209
Door Edge Guard:140
Mudguard: 129
Delivery: 1095

I wanted $28,700 out the door but the lowest they could do is $32,500.

Anyone in NJ/NYC area can hook me up with a better deal ? Need one by the end of next week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2019 RAV4 LE AWD Magnetic Gray
VIN#:JXXXXXXXXX

Sticker: $28,343
Discount: $1900
Toyota Incentive: Extra $750 if financed thru Toyota Financial
Options: ALL WEATHER LINER PACKAGE

·
Registered
189 Posts
2019 RAV4 LE AWD Magnetic Gray
VIN#:JXXXXXXXXX

Sticker: $28,343
Discount: $1900
Toyota Incentive: Extra $750 if financed thru Toyota Financial
Options: ALL WEATHER LINER PACKAGE
Is there a minimum that you have to finance thru Toyota to get the 750 cash?
Like could one just finance $1000?

·
Registered
21 Posts
this is the deal I got,

I just couldn't seem to get dealers to move on price much.

Year:2019
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc):Adventure
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: moonroof, carpet floor mats, mudguard, Adventure grade weather, premium audio
MSRP:37998
Invoice Price (if known):35,357
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):36,770
Doc Fee:399

·
Registered
21 Posts
Year: 2019
Trim: Limited
Options: Ruby flare red, Entune 3.0, Tech Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MSRP: $38,838
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,570 (incl $750 rebate)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: San Francisco Bay Area

FWIW -- Limited AWD's have been going quickly in the Bay Area. Several that I found were sold in one or two days after arriving on the lot, often at sticker (or so the sales reps say). It helps to get attractive e-prices online before going into the dealer so you can get them to match what you have, otherwise you're negotiating from sticker price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It helps to get attractive e-prices online before going into the dealer so you can get them to match what you have, otherwise you're negotiating from sticker price.
From where, exactly.
Visit dealership web pages and view their inventory. Request a quote, then go to truecar.com. Dealerships will post the same car, but with a cheaper quote. Keep searching until you find the lowest quote or until you find a price you can live with. Just know your price before talking to a salesman and low ball them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Visit dealership web pages and view their inventory. Request a quote, then go to truecar.com. Dealerships will post the same car, but with a cheaper quote. Keep searching until you find the lowest quote or until you find a price you can live with. Just know your price before talking to a salesman and low ball them.
Go to cars.com, narrow your search to the miles you're willing to drive ( I do 150 from my location) then search for the vehicle you want. Specify lowest price first. Then send a request to at least five dealerships.

You'll get many responses from internet sales. Lots of times they can negotiate prices right from the GM. But if you walk into the dealership you gotta start at the bottom with a salesman and waste all that time.
From the beginning I make sure to mention that I do not want to be contact via phone, just email but I also state that I'm a serious buyer ready to buy.

And even better, once you show up on a Monday or Tuesday morning (dealerships is usually dead) specially the last week of the month.

And be ready to walk away. There's so many dealerships and so many models out there that there's no need to feels stress when buying a vehicle.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
And be ready to walk away. There's so many dealerships and so many models out there that there's no need to feels stress when buying a vehicle.

This is the most powerful tool you have. Once they know you "love" a vehicle your job to get a good deal got very complicated. I usually drive local to make sure I like the car. Then I do the Internet Sales team of dealers. Usually goes quick. My last car was two emails and they were a smidge below where I wanted to be. I wont go inside a dealer to buy again.

Granted if you are trading in at dealer you still have that ruckus to deal with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And be ready to walk away. There's so many dealerships and so many models out there that there's no need to feels stress when buying a vehicle.[/ame]
Absolutely, but if you’re looking for something in particular there might be limited inventory. If that’s the case, you need to be able to close a deal quick. These have been selling fast in my area. It was a pain in the ass trying to find the configuration I wanted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Year: 2019
Trim: Limited
Options: Ruby flare red, Entune 3.0, Tech Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MSRP: $38,838
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,570 (incl $750 rebate)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: San Francisco Bay Area

FWIW -- Limited AWD's have been going quickly in the Bay Area. Several that I found were sold in one or two days after arriving on the lot, often at sticker (or so the sales reps say). It helps to get attractive e-prices online before going into the dealer so you can get them to match what you have, otherwise you're negotiating from sticker price.
What was your out the door price?

21 - 40 of 649 Posts