Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just bought my wife a 2019 ADV base Luna Rock and here is what I can share with you. I choose this dealer in SoCal because no dealer add on BS and free lifetime drivetrain warranty. I think it's a good deal and I got a [email protected] not with TFS but if you give up the 1250 rebate TFS is offering [email protected] until 1-6-2020.
MSRP $34,485
Invoice $32887.24
Rebate. $12508
Paid. $30,137.24 ($31387.24 -$1250)
OTD. $34,393.09. (85 doc fees+2439.10 tax+30 reg fees)
Can you share who the dealer was for your purchase?...it’s rare to find a dealer who is reputable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought my wife a 2019 ADV base Luna Rock and here is what I can share with you. I choose this dealer in SoCal because no dealer add on BS and free lifetime drivetrain warranty. I think it's a good deal and I got a [email protected] not with TFS but if you give up the 1250 rebate TFS is offering [email protected] until 1-6-2020.
MSRP $34,485
Invoice $32887.24
Rebate. $12508
Paid. $30,137.24 ($31387.24 -$1250)
OTD. $34,393.09. (85 doc fees+2439.10 tax+30 reg fees)
Thanks for sharing the information. The 60m @ 3.34% sounds very good to me. I assume you have an excellent credit history. What was the name of the dealer? And did you ask them for a free lifetime drivetrain warranty?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That had to be front wheel drive with no options correct? Otherwise your msrp is wrong
That's correct. I believe the only additional items were the all weather mats (which I wanted anyway) and door guards. The packages are a little different on the 2020 vs 2019 so I got the 6 way power driver seat and moon roof (in addition to the softex interior / 19" wheels as part of the premium package).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out if i am getting a good deal or not. I have 2 offers.
Offer 1 : 2020 Rav4 XLE with aftermarket leather interior and heated seats. Sunroof comes standard. Out of the door price $27000
Offer 2 : 2020 Rav4 XLE with convenience package. No leather interior. Out of the door price $27,600.

Offer 2 has been confirmed by the General Manager. Offer 1 i dont have a good gut feeling because something does not seem right and the manager did not commit to me in writing. The only thing Offer 1 provides are leather interior. Is this a good deal and will i be paying anything on top of this while signing the paperwork or my life away? I dont plan to buy any extended warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out if i am getting a good deal or not. I have 2 offers.
Offer 1 : 2020 Rav4 XLE with aftermarket leather interior and heated seats. Sunroof comes standard. Out of the door price $27000
Offer 2 : 2020 Rav4 XLE with convenience package. No leather interior. Out of the door price $27,600.

Offer 2 has been confirmed by the General Manager. Offer 1 i dont have a good gut feeling because something does not seem right and the manager did not commit to me in writing. The only thing Offer 1 provides are leather interior. Is this a good deal and will i be paying anything on top of this while signing the paperwork or my life away? I dont plan to buy any extended warranty.
Does the option 1 comes with convenience package as well? What area is this?
Please provide MSRP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
12/27/2019 - I just bought a 2020 RAV4 XLE. I hope it helps others in SoCal. I have a question about Toyota financing and refinancing.

Year: 2020
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: convenience package + other port installed stuff I didn't want (~$900)
MSRP: $31,332
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $28,417 (Dealer discount $3000 + doc fee $85) - TFS rebate ($1000) - College Grad ($500)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: SoCal

Tax: $2,603
OTD: $2,9520
Finance: 4.25% / 60 mo

I should be able to get a lower APR with other credit unions. The finance manager told me that there's no prepayment fee, but I will lose the $1500 rebate if I refinance with other banks.
Is that true? I can't find any term or disclaimer. If anyone had any experience of financing through Toyota Finance w/ rebate and refinanced, please share!

Happy New Year all

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe that the TFS rebate assumes you are financing with Toyota Financial at the time of purchase. I got the same rebate about a month ago when I purchased my 2020 rav4. Subsequently (a couple/few months down the line), you could re-finance with your credit union or bank at a lower rate (if available) and your TFS rebate should not be affected.

·
Registered
242 Posts
12/27/2019 - I just bought a 2020 RAV4 XLE. I hope it helps others in SoCal. I have a question about Toyota financing and refinancing.

Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $28,417 (Dealer discount $3000 + doc fee $85) - TFS rebate ($1000) - College Grad ($500)

I should be able to get a lower APR with other credit unions. The finance manager told me that there's no prepayment fee, but I will lose the $1500 rebate if I refinance with other banks.
Is that true? I can't find any term or disclaimer. If anyone had any experience of financing through Toyota Finance w/ rebate and refinanced, please share!

Happy New Year all
Call me jaded but when you purchase a vehicle at most any car dealership you should question anything they tell you. They will basically say anything to get you to accept their deal and/or terms. When I purchased my 2020 rav4 from a local Toyota dealership I was told all kinds of things that I knew was false at the time or proven wrong when I got home. The so-called “Finance Manager” was the worst perpatrator of mis-information. Thinking back on my experience it’s almost as if they were throwing false information at me as a mis-direction tactic to throw me off my convictions on things such as extended warranties and alarm systems that I didnt want or need. Morale of the story: question anything that doesnt look right (because it’s probably not), double-check all the paperwork (especially from the Finance mgr.), and be ready to walk out if you dont like the deal be presented.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Call me jaded but when you purchase a vehicle at most any car dealership you should question anything they tell you. They will basically say anything to get you to accept their deal and/or terms. When I purchased my 2020 rav4 from a local Toyota dealership I was told all kinds of things that I knew was false at the time or proven wrong when I got home. The so-called “Finance Manager” was the worst perpatrator of mis-information. Thinking back on my experience it’s almost as if they were throwing false information at me as a mis-direction tactic to throw me off my convictions on things such as extended warranties and alarm systems that I didnt want or need. Morale of the story: question anything that doesnt look right (because it’s probably not), double-check all the paperwork (especially from the Finance mgr.), and be ready to walk out if you dont like the deal be presented.
Thanks for sharing, Jim. After reading your previous advice, I made sure to not buy any additional dealer add-ons and warranties. The finance person tried for 40 min, but I just kept telling him no. I'm sure he was telling me some lies to make me buy them though. He actually lowered my APR soon after I asked him about refinancing and prepayment options.

Did you refinance it with another bank? The offer details mention "(offer is not eligible with customer cash offers, TFS subvened, or retail financing done with financial institutions other than TFS)", but it's not clear whether it's just at the time of purchase. I'm wondering if anyone in this forum took the Toyota Fiance w/ TFS or college grad rebate and refinanced.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I actually financed with Toyota to get the TFS rebate. They dropped the rate to 3.75%, and my plan is to either re-finance with my credit union or just pay it off early with cash from my brokerage acct. in a couple of months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for sharing the information. The 60m @ 3.34% sounds very good to me. I assume you have an excellent credit history. What was the name of the dealer? And did you ask them for a free lifetime drivetrain warranty?
Mojave Toyota offers free lifetime warranty and yes decent credit. I also considered the 2020TRD with $1000 rebate and the best deal was Costco program at invoice and TFS market APR not 1.9.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Happy New Year all
I was told after 3 months you can paid it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Happy New Year all
Which dealer if you don’t mind because I cannot get anywhere near $3,000 dealer discount off of MSRP in NorCal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my wife a new 2019 RAV4 XLE in NorCal.

Year: 2019
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Convenience package, Weather package, All Weather Liner package, Roof Rack Cross Bars
MSRP: $32,309
Invoice Price (if known):$30,054
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $27,990
Doc Fee: $85
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Door Guards (added for free)
City and State Where You Purchased: Davis, California

Toyota rebate was $2000. Dealer discount amounted to $2300 for a total of $4300 off MSRP.

This was my first time buying a car and I felt I wasn't able to get the price I was hoping for given that this was a 2019. There just wasn't many in the area for me to get dealers to compete with each other for so my leverage was lacking. Also they gave me a horrendous APR at first, 6.99, even though my credit score is above 750. They told me it was due to being a first time buyer, but I fought them on that and they agreed to 5.89. Still too high for me and I will refinance with my local credit union once my score recovers from the inquiry. We couldn't be happier with the car though! Drives like a dream.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): Limited
Options: Limited Advanced Technology package, Limited Grade Weather package, pano roof
MSRP: 39080 (includes options and delivery fee)
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 31186
Doc Fee: 789
OTD price: 35000
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Toyoguard Platinum, Paint Protection film: hood and door package, all weather floor mats and all weather cargo mat, phone cable and charge package, lifetime powertrain warranty, tint protection, nitrogen tires, and free car washes at the dealership.

City and State Where You Purchased: Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
242 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): Limited
Options: Limited Advanced Technology package, Limited Grade Weather package, pano roof
MSRP: 39080 (includes options and delivery fee)
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 31186
Doc Fee: 789
OTD price: 35000
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Toyoguard Platinum, Paint Protection film: hood and door package, all weather floor mats and all weather cargo mat, phone cable and charge package, lifetime powertrain warranty, tint protection, nitrogen tires, and free car washes at the dealership.

City and State Where You Purchased: Charlotte, NC
Almost $8k off of MSRP? That’s the best deal I’ve heard of on a 2020 Limited. Almost hard to believe...good job!

481 - 500 of 536 Posts