Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

521 - 540 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you go to kbb.com, click the button for “Price New/Used”, and you can plug in your vehicles year, options, packages and location and it will give you the “fair price” to purchase that car for your area.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this is a decent deal?

Year: 2020
Trim: XLE Premium
Options: Weather Package, All Weather Floor Liners and Cargo Liner, Body Side Molding, Door Edge Guard, Mudguard, Tint, Fog Lights.
OTD (Including Fees / Tax): 30,100
For kicks I ran your vehicle specs on kbb.com and not knowing where your purchase will be, and assuming $USD, the 2020 rav4 XLE Premium is selling right around invoice (at lease in my zip code of 92603) which would be $31,911 with the options/pkgs you listed. So your OTD price of $30,100 is pretty darn good in my estimation, regardless of where you’re buying!

·
Registered
4 Posts
For kicks I ran your vehicle specs on kbb.com and not knowing where your purchase will be, and assuming $USD, the 2020 rav4 XLE Premium is selling right around invoice (at lease in my zip code of 92603) which would be $31,911 with the options/pkgs you listed. So your OTD price of $30,100 is pretty darn good in my estimation, regardless of where you’re buying!
Thank you! I am from AZ. And I got it brand new as well. The catch is they gave me a 6.65% APR which will I’m going to refinance. First time buying a car and have been eyeing the Rav4 for a while! Glad to be a part of the group!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thank you! I am from AZ. And I got it brand new as well. The catch is they gave me a 6.65% APR which will I’m going to refinance. First time buying a car and have been eyeing the Rav4 for a while! Glad to be a part of the group!
At one point I considered buying online from a dealer in Phoenix, flying out (from California where I live and where the dealers were gouging, especially on hybrids), and driving the car home. I ended up buying from a local dealer here but sacrificed pricing to get the loaded (tech and weather pkgs) Limited rav4 with the color scheme I wanted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
At one point I considered buying online from a dealer in Phoenix, flying out (from California where I live and where the dealers were gouging, especially on hybrids), and driving the car home. I ended up buying from a local dealer here but sacrificed pricing to get the loaded (tech and weather pkgs) Limited rav4 with the color scheme I wanted.
$5000 markups called accessories and no APR breaks is brutal and detering me from purchasing. Flying someone and driving back seems like a good idea!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Theres a lot of Hybrids that I saw while I was car shopping too. And the tax here is much cheaper than in Cali for sure. I wanted the tech package but they only have the one I got and a fully loaded one which I’m not a fan of. I’m pretty satisfied with my new car but just wondering if I got a fair deal considering its my first time buying.

·
Registered
315 Posts
$5000 markups called accessories and no APR breaks is brutal and detering me from purchasing. Flying someone and driving back seems like a good idea!
You definitely can and should set up financing ahead of time with your bank or credit union. Then you will at least know whether the dealer is offering you a reasonable ”deal” on financing. Most likely you will pay a premium for the convenience of financing at the dealership. However, you might get a discount called “TFS rebate” of between $500 and $1000, so be sure to ask about this. Another recommendation is to get pricing on paper (e.g. initially via email) from the internet sales manager and this will tell you if they’re trying to add un-needed dealer packs (e.g. alarm systems, clear-coating, extended warranties and service contracts, etc.). Be aware that The latter may not appear until you get in front of the “finance manager”, which is usually the last phase of the sale. This is where you can turn a good deal into a bad deal price-wise. Be ready to walk out if anything doesnt look right...often just getting up and saying ”this isnt a good enough deal” and saying you’re leaving (and head for the parking lot) will cause the sales people to offer a better deal on the spot. And absolutely make sure to double check the paperwork for any discounts that were verbalized during the sales process).

·
Registered
451 Posts
You definitely can and should set up financing ahead of time with your bank or credit union. Then you will at least know whether the dealer is offering you a reasonable ”deal” on financing. Most likely you will pay a premium for the convenience of financing at the dealership. However, you might get a discount called “TFS rebate” of between $500 and $1000, so be sure to ask about this. Another recommendation is to get pricing on paper (e.g. initially via email) from the internet sales manager and this will tell you if they’re trying to add un-needed dealer packs (e.g. alarm systems, clear-coating, extended warranties and service contracts, etc.). Be aware that The latter may not appear until you get in front of the “finance manager”, which is usually the last phase of the sale. This is where you can turn a good deal into a bad deal price-wise. Be ready to walk out if anything doesnt look right...often just getting up and saying ”this isnt a good enough deal” and saying you’re leaving (and head for the parking lot) will cause the sales people to offer a better deal on the spot. And absolutely make sure to double check the paperwork for any discounts that were verbalized during the sales process).
Good advice. Also, many people assume APR is not negotiable, but it sometimes is. I paid cash on my last purchase, but the one before I had financing lined up from my bank, and told the dealer I was getting xx%. They were able to get within 0.1% APR of the bank after originally offering much higher, so I just let them go ahead and write it. Knowledge and options are power.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good advice. Also, many people assume APR is not negotiable, but it sometimes is. I paid cash on my last purchase, but the one before I had financing lined up from my bank, and told the dealer I was getting xx%. They were able to get within 0.1% APR of the bank after originally offering much higher, so I just let them go ahead and write it. Knowledge and options are power.
Good point...in my recent experience purchasing my 2020 Rav4, the dealer initially offered an 4.xx% APR (I don't remember the exact rate, but it was higher than I could get from my credit union)...after my credit check came back (with a better FICO score) and after I agreed to an extended warranty for years 4-6, they dropped the rate to 3.75%, which was only about .25% higher than what my credit union was offering at the time. So yes, various things can impact/improve the rate you can get from Toyota Financial.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn’t realize that you can negotiate your APR on that matter especially when I bought it Toyotathon is still ongoing. I did refinance though and got a much better rate.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am trying to work a deal on a 2020 RAV4h Limited. As part of the deal, I will get a $500 TFS rebate. But, the car will arrive in mid-February, and the rebate expires 3 February. What do y'all think will happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Year: 2019 Used Fleet Vehicle (23,000 miles Clean Carfax)
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE Super White
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: Technology package only
MSRP:
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $19,800
Sales Tax: $1,297
Doc Fee: $995
OTD Price: $22,500
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): N/A
City and State Where You Purchased: FL

Got a great rate through my credit union and financed it @ 2.99% APR. Do you guys think this was a great, good, or average deal? Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
If your vehicle included the Technology, Convenience and Weather packages, kbb.com indicates the “fair price” (before tax and lic.) should have been $25,929. If so you got a great deal on your rav4!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your vehicle included the Technology, Convenience and Weather packages, kbb.com indicates the “fair price” (before tax and lic.) should have been $25,929. If so you got a great deal on your rav4!
It only had the tech package, but I live in FL so weather package wasn’t necessary

·
Registered
315 Posts
Even with just the Tech pkg on the XLE trim, kbb.com indicates the car’s ”fair price” is $25,187 (before tax/lic), so I would call this a great deal!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found that KBB didn't include all available options while Edmunds was closer on available options but they are useless in not showing fair price like they used to years ago. As for APR, this is going back 10 years but I. Was helping my son & his wife find her a new car. We had settled on a nice kia & negotiated a good price but they kept trying to push a 5-6% loan when everyone else was at 1.9% or so. Well we walked out and told them to call if they wanted to get real. An hour later we were at a chevy dealer and Kia called my son with the same price @ 0.9% if we bought that day. Needless to say, done deal but you have to be willing to walk away and don't fall for the bullshit " This deal is for right now so if you don't take it now you won't get it later".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was thinking about getting a new RAV4 later this year, but I am talking with a dealer who says they will do a RAV4 XLE Hybrid at invoice. I'm assuming I also get the $500 rebate which will offset their stupid $500 doc fee.
Getting invoice pricing on a hybrid is really good, right? Or have some people been able to get below invoice?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was thinking about getting a new RAV4 later this year, but I am talking with a dealer who says they will do a RAV4 XLE Hybrid at invoice. I'm assuming I also get the $500 rebate which will offset their stupid $500 doc fee.
Getting invoice pricing on a hybrid is really good, right? Or have some people been able to get below invoice?
Yes that is extremely good. Would be nice to know your location as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in Phoenix, AZ. I contacted the dealership through an employee discount program for the company I work at. The program said "at or near invoice pricing on new cars." Little did I know they would refer me to the same dealer I bought from before. When the contact contacted me, he cc'd my wife on the email. Evidently not really his fault, apparently his system found my customer info and it automatically associated my wife and attached her to the reply. Since this was going to be a surprise for her, I was a little miffed, and I let him know that. He was apologetic and said because he ruined the surprise he could do invoice on a hybrid. I just wanted to make sure that this was something that is still uncommon for the hybrids, as I am used to paying well under invoice for other cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Date Purchased: 12/31/2019
Year: 2019 Demo Vehicle (6,800 miles Clean Carfax)
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): Adventure Flame Blue w/Ice Edge
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: (factory/port - not dealer installed)
  • Adventure Grade Weather Package
  • Premium Audio (JBL etc)
  • Adventure Grade Technology Package
  • Moonroof
  • Two Tone paint (as mentioned above)
  • Roof rack cross bars
  • Paint protection film (AKA "clear bra" on front)
  • All weather floor liners and cargo liner
  • Running boards
  • Door sill protector
MSRP: $41,142
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $34,614
Sales Tax: $2,956
Doc Fee: $250
Rebates: -$1,750
OTD Price: $35,500
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Free 1 year Toyota platinum warranty extension (AKA 4 years / 50k miles)
City and State Where You Purchased: Columbus, OH

Notes:

• I probably wouldn't do a demo vehicle like this again... too many things that made the deal weird. Including not knowing how roughly it was used. Hence why I wanted at least a little extra warranty.
  • The dealer "fixed" some small paint imperfections, but in doing so left swirls all over the car. I don't trust them to fix them and I'll polish them out myself (chalk this up to demo weirdness)
  • The interior was perfect.
  • If timing was different I would have rather found a 2020, but my my wife and I wanted specific features that reduced flexibility/availability.

521 - 540 of 542 Posts