Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Like Silverboy said, always be ready to walk away. If the dealer motivated to sell you the car, they will make it work. If not, move on to another dealer and draw out the process over several days, don't take the first offer. Just be sure the model you want is what they have on the lot or you're wasting your time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright update everyone !!

Got new pricing for XLE AWD Premium for $31,800 (with $1,000 rebate and $500 college grad) includes NJ TTL.

Anyone have any better offers yet ? Saturday is my day to buy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
2019 AWD RAV4 XLE with Cold Weather package, Convience package, all weather mat package, Weathertech rain guards for all 4 windows & Remote Starter installed
Exterior: Blueprint
Interior: Black
Came in off the truck yesterday
MSRP:$31,973
Price paid: $26,595(not including taxes & fees)
OTD price: $28,039
With my trade & my pro-rated refund for my Platinum warranty my OTD balance was $15,000 exactly.

I am in the Boston area

·
Registered
3 Posts
XLE Premium AWD

Year:2019
Trim XLE Premium
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Weather Package, Entune 3.0 Audio Plus w/ JBL, All Weather Floor Liners/Cargo Tray, Door Edge Guard, Mudguard
MSRP: $35,228
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $30,508 (includes a $1000 Toyota Finance Rebate)
Doc Fee: $199
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):
City and State Where You Purchased: Muncie, IN

How'd I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adventure for $33,300

Adventure AWD
Lunar Rock
Mocha Interior
Moon Roof
Roof Rack Rails

MSRP - $35,064

Sell Price - $31,589

Taxes (VA) - $1,323

Tags (VA) - $87

MD Processing Fee - $300

OTD - $33,300

Went to one dealer to pick out exact model, worked with them to get the price as low as they would go, I wanted to see $33,000 OTD - they said it was impossible, went to $34,500. Took that offer and called a few other dealers with the same model in stock. Within 2 hrs and a few calls back and forth, another dealer 20mi away bought the exact car I looked at from dealer #1 and sold it to me for $33,300.
I was offered another $1500 in incentives ($500 college grad, $1000 dealer finance) but both would require dealer financing. After a quick search on Toyota financing, I realized it was complete garbage, and the rate was 0.5% higher than my bank. definitely not worth $1,500.

Love the car so far!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Adventure AWD
Lunar Rock
Mocha Interior
Moon Roof
Roof Rack Rails

MSRP - $35,064

Sell Price - $31,589

Taxes (VA) - $1,323

Tags (VA) - $87

MD Processing Fee - $300

OTD - $33,300

Went to one dealer to pick out exact model, worked with them to get the price as low as they would go, I wanted to see $33,000 OTD - they said it was impossible, went to $34,500. Took that offer and called a few other dealers with the same model in stock. Within 2 hrs and a few calls back and forth, another dealer 20mi away bought the exact car I looked at from dealer #1 and sold it to me for $33,300.
I was offered another $1500 in incentives ($500 college grad, $1000 dealer finance) but both would require dealer financing. After a quick search on Toyota financing, I realized it was complete garbage, and the rate was 0.5% higher than my bank. definitely not worth $1,500.

Love the car so far!

Was this at Koons?

·
Registered
55 Posts
2019 Adventure

Black/Mocha

JBL
Moonroof
Weather mats
Sill protectors
Rack rails.
Locking nuts
Tinted windows

Msrp 37.5
Paid 34.5

Toyota financing.

Good, but not great. (California)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having trouble getting dealers to budge since the specific color I want is in high demand.

2019 Rav4 XLE Premium FWD Black/black
MSRP $31,448
Current offer: $28,495 including 1,000 TFS cash back (before TTL)
Orange County/LA area

Not really interested in the add ons but the one in stock nearby has all weather liner package & roof rack bars. May have more but hard to tell from the listing.

I've been negotiating for the last few days and will hopefully leave the dealer today with a new Rav4! Anyone else get better offers in this area?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Won't have the paperwork until I go pick it up and the wife signs, but here's what I went with.

Year: 2019
Trim: XLE Premium AWD Silver Sky Metallic
Options: Advanced Tech Pkg, Weather Pkg, XLE Premium Tech Pkg, Mudguards, Cross bars
MSRP: $36,618
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35101 before $750 Loyalty
Doc Fee: $115
Dealer Add-Ons: None
City and State Where You Purchased:Wilsonville OR
I'm confused - what's the difference between the Advanced Tech Pkg and XLE Premium Tech Pkg?

·
Premium Member
7,858 Posts
I'm confused - what's the difference between the Advanced Tech Pkg and XLE Premium Tech Pkg?
The guy that typed it!! I was hoping no one would notice it, XLE Premium Grade Technology Package would be the correct package name, but when I noticed I wrote the same package twice, it was too late to edit and correct it, sorry for the confusion.:shrug:

·
Registered
145 Posts
The guy that typed it!! I was hoping no one would notice it, XLE Premium Grade Technology Package would be the correct package name, but when I noticed I wrote the same package twice, it was too late to edit and correct it, sorry for the confusion.:shrug:
No problem :) Frankly, I thought I didn't read the specs right.

My wife and I want a 2019 XLE Premium in Ruby Red, Grey interior, cold weather pkg, tech pkg and Entune Plus with JBL. Found exactly this car at local dealer and they don't want to budge on the $36,618 window sticker. Made the mistake of getting Toyota financing approved at this dealer and now now sure what our options are for going to another dealer without f*ing up our credit with too many hard pulls.

·
Premium Member
7,858 Posts

My wife and I want a 2019 XLE Premium in Ruby Red, Grey interior, cold weather pkg, tech pkg and Entune Plus with JBL. Found exactly this car at local dealer and they don't want to budge on the $36,618 window sticker. Made the mistake of getting Toyota financing approved at this dealer and now now sure what our options are for going to another dealer without f*ing up our credit with too many hard pulls.
I was dealing with my usual local dealer on the identical XLE Premium that I bought from another less local dealer, my dealer wouldn't budge on the price and wouldn't give me Toyota financing matching my CU or bank interest rates, the dealer I bought from matched my bank rate which was the lowest I found in the area but financed thru TFS, plus they reduced the selling price.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was dealing with my usual local dealer on the identical XLE Premium that I bought from another less local dealer, my dealer wouldn't budge on the price and wouldn't give me Toyota financing matching my CU or bank interest rates, the dealer I bought from matched my bank rate which was the lowest I found in the area but financed thru TFS, plus they reduced the selling price.
I just did the Costco configurator thing and got a much lower price and different dealer. I'll see how this works :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just placed a deposit for:

Year: 19
Trim: XLE AWD
Options: PREMIUM PACKAGE
MSRP: $36,390 CAD (without mandatory fees or taxes)
Invoice Price: $33,589 CAD
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33,793 before fees and taxes
OTD Price = $40,481 CAD (includes 13% taxes and $1,943 in freight, PDI and fees)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: Toronto, ON, Canada

·
Registered
32 Posts

Your credit shouldn't go down if you are doing the same type of credit pull "car loan". It's to protect you so you can shop around for rates. However, I think you get a time frame but I forgot how long you get.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just placed a deposit for:

Year: 19
Trim: XLE AWD
Options: PREMIUM PACKAGE
MSRP: $36,390 CAD (without mandatory fees or taxes)
Invoice Price: $33,589 CAD
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33,793 before fees and taxes
OTD Price = $40,481 CAD (includes 13% taxes and $1,943 in freight, PDI and fees)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: Toronto, ON, Canada

$36,390 after taxes/fees is $43,320.47. You got it for 40,481 OTD? Am I reading this wrong o_O

·
Registered
145 Posts
Your credit shouldn't go down if you are doing the same type of credit pull "car loan". It's to protect you so you can shop around for rates. However, I think you get a time frame but I forgot how long you get.
Thanks for replying! If we find the vehicle we want at a different Toyota dealer would we have to reapply with Toyota Financial although we were approved by them at our local dealer on Saturday?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh ok. So you manage to negotiate $2,597 below msrp?
Yea, that's right. The bill of sale shows a discount amount of $2,597 as well.

I started the negotiations from the invoice price and moved up, rather than moving down from MSRP. The next best offer I received was $40,495 so deals are possible. Still can't match @Sunken's incredible deal though.

41 - 60 of 649 Posts