·
Registered
3 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: Adventure
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Convenience package, weather package, two tone, toyoguard platinum
MSRP:$37,654
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): 3 year appearance protection, 3 year dent protection, window tint & screen protector, all weather mats.
Doc Fee: $699
List Price: $40,249
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,089
APR: 0%
City and State Where You Purchased: Lithia Springs, Ga.

I scoured and contacted every dealership within 250 miles of me with an Adventure with the two packages I wanted. This was the best deal I could find and they even delivered it for free (150 mile drive each way). Adventure inventory is low right now, there were numerous dealerships that wouldn't discount them a penny with 0% APR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trim: Limited
Options: Limited Grade Advanced Technology Package, Limited Grade Weather Package, High Performance LED Fog Lights, Wheel Locks, All-Weather Liner Package
MSRP:$39,543
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
Doc Fee: $99
Invoice Price: $36,803
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $36,228
Incentives: $500 College Grad
APR: 0% 60 months
City and State Where You Purchased: MD but TTL in PA
OTD Price with TTL: $38,186.68

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trim: Limited
Options: Limited Grade Advanced Technology Package, Limited Grade Weather Package, High Performance LED Fog Lights, Wheel Locks, All-Weather Liner Package
MSRP:$39,543
Doc Fee: $99
Invoice Price: $36,803
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $36,228
Incentives: $500 College Grad
City and State Where You Purchased: MD but TTL in PA
OTD Price with TTL: $38,186.68
May I ask where you were able to find the invoice price of the vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
May I ask where you were able to find the invoice price of the vehicle?
Costco Auto lists the invoice price after you add in the options. It matched the dealer sheet they showed us. I had an offer for my car for OTD $38k at another dealer, but they didn't have any limited models in stock and would have to locate it, which they said no guarantee it will get here by June 1st for the financing deal. My third best offer was a dealer in PA, which was $200 more, but had fewer options in the Rav4 (no high performance LED, but did have mudguards.) Many dealers told me they could not beat the price I got OTD and got offers for $700 more, so I think I did well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine through Costco Auto program and dealership list said “Costco discount $1700 below invoice” and they showed me the MSRP and invoice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mine through Costco Auto program and dealership list said “Costco discount $1700 below invoice” and they showed me the MSRP and invoice.
The problem here is that if you opt for financing, you don't get the $1000 incentive, but if you do, you get the extra $1000. If you buy outright or finance with your own bank you'll get a lower price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem here is that if you opt for financing, you don't get the $1000 incentive, but if you do, you get the extra $1000. If you buy outright or finance with your own bank you'll get a lower price.
Correct. There’s a lot of factors that play in. For me the best was to get the $3600 off MSRP plus $500 incentive for mil @0%. If I would of finance with my bank @1.9% it would of been about $1600 in interest for 60months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Costco Auto lists the invoice price after you add in the options. It matched the dealer sheet they showed us. I had an offer for my car for OTD $38k at another dealer, but they didn't have any limited models in stock and would have to locate it, which they said no guarantee it will get here by June 1st for the financing deal. My third best offer was a dealer in PA, which was $200 more, but had fewer options in the Rav4 (no high performance LED, but did have mudguards.) Many dealers told me they could not beat the price I got OTD and got offers for $700 more, so I think I did well.
The high performance LED Fog Lights were a dealbreaker for me. For that kind of money I had to have the fogs match the LED Headlights. The closest one to my dealer was 103 miles away, near Baltimore. In the end, I was at $3820 under MSRP or $1310 under invoice. I took the 0% for 60 months. Pretty happy with this deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed. I think you did extremely well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: XLE Convenience Package, Audio Plus Package
MSRP: $31,850
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $28,000 OTD
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Tint, door edge guards, all weather mats, door cup protection, nitrogen (meh)
City and State Where You Purchased: Oklahoma City, OK

I realize I could've gotten more off if I hadn't revealed I had been preapproved with outside financing. Advice for past me: Don't reveal too much information!

·
Registered
15 Posts
2020 rav4 that was a rental car on Toyota lot with 7k+ miles what would be a good OTD total cost with 3% sales tax? Some minor cosmetic damage I guess I could try to get fixed with touch up paint. TIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 rav4 that was a rental car on Toyota lot with 7k+ miles what would be a good OTD total cost with 3% sales tax? Some minor cosmetic damage I guess I could try to get fixed with touch up paint. TIA.
If it is FWD, sales price should be around $21k-$22k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post here.... just picked up today:

Trim: Hybrid XSE (Blizzard Pearl)
Options: None
MSRP:$36,793
Doc Fee: $85
Invoice Price: Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $36,293
Incentives: $500
City and State Where You Purchased: San Diego, CA
OTD Price with TTL: $39,748

·
Registered
104 Posts
First post here.... just picked up today:

Trim: Hybrid XSE (Blizzard Pearl)
Options: None
MSRP:$36,793
Doc Fee: $85
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $36,293
Incentives: $500
City and State Where You Purchased: San Diego, CA
OTD Price with TTL: $39,748

Congrats on the purchase ! Keep us updated.

Username does not match. Should have gone with the color Ruby Flare Pearl. :)

From forum comments, good choice with the Blizzard Pearl over Super White.

·
Registered
15 Posts
should I send this email to a sales manager at the dealership 45 minutes away from me that has a 2020 rav4 w/ 7k miles that was used as a rental car or should I use the chat box on their website? I would prefer to avoid a salesman if possible but I'm not sure if that is possible? I drove by and saw the car on Sunday when the dealership was closed and it has some cosmetic flaws I guess I could try to cover with touch up paint.

Hi, I'm interested in seeing this car, but before I take off from work and drive almost an hour there I want to know what your price would be, with all tax/fees included, based on a zip code of XXXXX. Please break down all tax and fees individually in the quote. My name is XXXX XXXXXX and my phone number is XXX XXXX. Thank you.

I would list the stock# and vin# of the car I'm interested in.

TIA!

·
Registered
104 Posts
should I send this email to a sales manager at the dealership 45 minutes away from me that has a 2020 rav4 w/ 7k miles that was used as a rental car or should I use the chat box on their website?
Most dealerships have an internet sales manager that may be contacted by email. But I would do research and call to speak with the general manager with an offer.

jmo, but before contact do research on the vehicle.

- Does the dealer provide a carfax on the website ? If not, get the VIN and go to some of the free VIN checks on the 'net to see if any info is available. Probably won't be much for a rental with low miles, but you can see if the vehicle is from another state.

- Go to Edmunds Tru Value or KBB.com and get an estimate on the market value and fair purchase price. Base your offer on that also considering it is a rental which may lessen the value, especially later when you trade it in.

- Keep in mind that dealers make huge profit on rentals purchased at auctions. Especially now with the rental companies selling more vehicles due to the economy. However, at this time they have the upper hand due to low inventory. If you don't need immediately may be best to wait unless the dealer gives you a fair price.

- Also, check this thread for purchase price of a new vehicle and compare the price with what you may pay for a new vehicle.

- Good Luck !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most dealerships have an internet sales manager that may be contacted by email. But I would do research and call to speak with the general manager with an offer.

jmo, but before contact do research on the vehicle.

- Does the dealer provide a carfax on the website ? If not, get the VIN and go to some of the free VIN checks on the 'net to see if any info is available. Probably won't be much for a rental with low miles, but you can see if the vehicle is from another state.

- Go to Edmunds Tru Value or KBB.com and get an estimate on the market value and fair purchase price. Base your offer on that also considering it is a rental which may lessen the value, especially later when you trade it in.

- Keep in mind that dealers make huge profit on rentals purchased at auctions. Especially now with the rental companies selling more vehicles due to the economy. However, at this time they have the upper hand due to low inventory. If you don't need immediately may be best to wait unless the dealer gives you a fair price.

- Also, check this thread for purchase price of a new vehicle and compare the price with what you may pay for a new vehicle.

- Good Luck !
Sent my wife while I am at work and the dealer gave her a quote of $27,500 financed for the used rental with 7k miles on it. Had her tell him I can get a new one for that much and leave lol. If the dealers are going to try to play this hard we will get a Camry by the end of the month instead.

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium
21 Posts
Trim: XLE Prem
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: XLE Prem Grade Tech Package, XLE Prem Grade Weather Package, Audio PLus JBL, Toyoguard Plat, Touch Keypad Entry System, Clear Paint Protection, Phone Cable & Charge Package.
MSRP:$38,320.00
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Tint, All Weather Floor Mats, Nitrogen
Doc Fee: None
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $34,398
Incentives: None
APR: Cash
City and State Where You Purchased: Wesley Chapel, FL
OTD Price with TTL: $30,620.03

Traded in 18 Rav4. Got $6200 more than I owed on it.

601 - 620 of 649 Posts