Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

621 - 640 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: XLE Prem
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: XLE Prem Grade Tech Package, XLE Prem Grade Weather Package, Audio PLus JBL, Toyoguard Plat, Touch Keypad Entry System, Clear Paint Protection, Phone Cable & Charge Package.
MSRP:$38,320.00
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Tint, All Weather Floor Mats, Nitrogen
Doc Fee: None
Invoice Price: Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $34,398
Incentives: None
APR: Cash
City and State Where You Purchased: Wesley Chapel, FL
OTD Price with TTL: $30,620.03

Traded in 18 Rav4. Got $6200 more than I owed on it.
Wow!! What a fantastic deal. I feel.stupid about how much I paid 😢

·
Registered
2 Posts
$30,800 all inclusive, RAV4 xle convenience package. 😢. Kinda feel I overpaid.
Don't sweat it. Seriously. You should keep in mind that the car buying is difficult and the price is determined by a number of factors including but not limited to: local supply and demand, dealer inventory, manufacturer production, salespeople, sales managers, time of day, time of the month, financing managers, your negotiation skills, your outside financing, alignment of the stars, etc. At the end of the day you purchased a GREAT vehicle from an incredibly reliable car manufacturer. As long as the vehicle fits your needs and your budget, you should be thrilled! Besides, $30,800 may be a great deal for your area. I'd start diverting your attention to all of the accessories you might want to add to your car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't sweat it. Seriously. You should keep in mind that the car buying is difficult and the price is determined by a number of factors including but not limited to: local supply and demand, dealer inventory, manufacturer production, salespeople, sales managers, time of day, time of the month, financing managers, your negotiation skills, your outside financing, alignment of the stars, etc. At the end of the day you purchased a GREAT vehicle from an incredibly reliable car manufacturer. As long as the vehicle fits your needs and your budget, you should be thrilled! Besides, $30,800 may be a great deal for your area. I'd start diverting your attention to all of the accessories you might want to add to your car!
Thanks 🙏😊

·
Registered
2020 Rav 4 AWD XLE
4 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Convenience Package
MSRP: 26,991
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 26,991
Doc Fee: $300 (Neighboring dealer was $800!)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: Silver Spring, MD

It was a used 2020 CPO with 5,000 miles on it. That plus the 0% 60 months, I feel like it was a fantastic deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts

It was a used 2020 CPO with 5,000 miles on it. That plus the 0% 60 months, I feel like it was a fantastic deal.
Yes! Seems like a sweet deal 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts

How did you get 0%? Toyota website shows 5 years/1.9% interest. TIA!

·
Registered
2020 Rav 4 AWD XLE
4 Posts
How did you get 0%? Toyota website shows 5 years/1.9% interest. TIA!
It was a certified pre owned, which also qualify for the 0%/60, so I was able to take advantage of that offer even though it was a gas model. The story I got was one of the dealership managers owned it and switches vehicles every few months. CARFAX said he owned it from Jan to March for 5k miles, then they put it up as a CPO. And no payments for 90 days! So basically a brand new "used" car with a few thousand knocked off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 Rav4 XLE CPO
AWD
No options
Miles: 28,800
Sale price of car: $23,500
Doc fee: $75
DMV fees: $275
Taxes: 2,085! Live in NYC

Total OTD: $25,920 at 0% APR for 60 Months. I put 10% down.

Some of these other deals sound really good but I’m happy with the deal i got. I looked on CarGurus and i think my price was definitely on the lower end for CPO’s. Since i didn’t really have the option of shopping outside my immediate area, i went with it. Was gonna go with a Carvana 2016 CX5 GT for $18,500 before TTL but decided last minute that at 3.5% financing on that car it was worth it to get a newer car with all the modern safety features for less than 5k once you factor in the interest savings on 0% for a CPO Rav 4. Plus i would have had no warranty on the CX5.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2019 Rav4 XLE CPO
AWD
No options
Miles: 28,800
Sale price of car: $23,500
Doc fee: $75
DMV fees: $275
Taxes: 2,085! Live in NYC

Total OTD: $25,920 at 0% APR for 60 Months. I put 10% down.

Some of these other deals sound really good but I’m happy with the deal i got. I looked on CarGurus and i think my price was definitely on the lower end for CPO’s. Since i didn’t really have the option of shopping outside my immediate area, i went with it. Was gonna go with a Carvana 2016 CX5 GT for $18,500 before TTL but decided last minute that at 3.5% financing on that car it was worth it to get a newer car with all the modern safety features for less than 5k once you factor in the interest savings on 0% for a CPO Rav 4. Plus i would have had no warranty on the CX5.
Seems pretty good deal to me. Mileage may be a little high but you have the CPO warranty. Key is you are happy.

Tell us about your user name. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my car yesterday. Used the data here to try to get a good price and had one hell of a sales rep to help push my number.

Trim: XLE Hybrid
Color: Midnight Black Metallic
Options:
  • Convenience ($1265)
  • Audio Plus ($990)
  • Weather liner ($269)
  • HP LED Fog lights ($169)
  • Door Guard
MSRP: 33,548
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 29,086

Fees & Taxes:
  • Dealers Processing Charge ($300)
  • Tire Recycling Fee ($4)
  • Tax, Titles, Registration & Tags ($2110)

City and State Where You Purchased: MD

OTD : 31,500 with 0% Financing and 3 month deferral.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! I’m new to this but I’ve been reading though here but i’m looking for advice... I’m looking at getting an XLE FWD. What should I be expecting to pay out the door right now given the current state of everything?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone! I’m new to this but I’ve been reading though here but i’m looking for advice... I’m looking at getting an XLE FWD. What should I be expecting to pay out the door right now given the current state of everything?
Push for 28500 plus tax at the most👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
The prices really vary by state. Not a political statement... just an observation, but in redder states you have less choice but better price since hybrids are a tougher sell. In bluer states good choices of color, trim etc but higher prices. I live in a purple state and the prices and options varied by county.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you! I thought I should be able to do even better based on what i’m seeing others getting their RAV4 for in this thread
Personally, I prefer to use Edmunds Tru Value and kbb.com as a guide. Dealers hate those sites, they prefer NADA.

At this time, both Edmunds and kbb price a '20 XLE FWD at 26.3K to 26.7K.

However, we are in unprecedented times with many dealers having low inventory and trying to get top dollar with financial incentives. So negotiate accordingly, but don't overpay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Year: 2020 (japan made, VIN started with J)
Trim: XLE
Options: No extra packages.
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): All-Weather Floor Mats, Led fog light, wheel lock.
Incentives: $500 student rebate
Trade-in: $500
APR: 0% for 60 months from Toyota
City and State Where You Purchased: Laurel, MD
Purchased : Last week of May, 2020
OTD Price (with all fees and taxes): $29397

was it a bad deal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New 2020 Rav4 LE FWD

Cash delivered price of unit: $26,000
Service / Handling Fees: $129
Taxes: not-covered
Rebate: $1,000
Total: $25,129

Trade-in: 2017 Tacoma SR Access Cab 19k miles for $18,000
Down payment: $2,000
Remaining owed: $5,129 @ 48 months 3.99% but plan on paying off in 1-2 months

I had to go back and forth on the trade-in value, was offered $17k for the truck, and offered $27k+ on the Rav originally.

Did I do alright?

621 - 640 of 649 Posts