Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

841 - 860 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
405 Posts
I don't know. In my area , north NJ, dealers honor Toyota cash discounts.
When I got mine XLE I had a choice, pay cash and get 1000 off or finance and get what ever deal was available. When Toyota offered 0% for 60 month it was 0% or 1000 for cash.

When I negotiate I always negotiate for OTD price. I come over and simply say give me OTD number and than we discuss how much I will finance out of that or if I will finance at all. I want to see the final number.

·
Registered
2021 XLE Premium
5 Posts
2021 XLE premium, no additions except for the crossbars
MSRP $31885
Purchased for $28047 before taxes titles fees

·
Registered
238 Posts
No dealer thinks highly of cash customers and that's why you work on price (not monthly) and don't mention that you're paying cash. I paid cash.
When I negotiate I always negotiate for OTD price. I come over and simply say give me OTD number and than we discuss how much I will finance out of that or if I will finance at all. I want to see the final number.
The above. Read an article on this yesterday. Always confirm OTD price before discussing financing even if paying cash.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
405 Posts
Exactly. I was shopping for a month for my 2020 XLE hybrid.
Could not find any dealer where I could get the basic xle with no add-ons as I only had at most 32k to spend.

By chance got an email from one 20 min away to check out web specials. Go on the web and use the shop from home option. Input all the info and get quote of 32.789 supposedly OTD price. Includes free taxes all...

Call in, dealer says yes comin to do the paperwork.
Got there they start salling BS that price quoted was not otd and taxes and fees are extra.
I said well here is your web info, God what did we do before smart phones, it says all included. Well, well... I said well it is or am I going?
Ok we will match the prices. But the car is not here. It will be here in a few days. Ok, let's do the paperwork and I will come for the car when it gets here. We settled on 32,500 total. I asked what they give for my old car as trade in , got 1k offer said ok, see you when my new one gets here. 3 days later picked up the new car. Paid 30,500 cash. That is 32,5 otd minus 1k deposit and 1k trade in. How I am a proud owner of 2020 RAV4 hybrid xle in magnetic grey metallic. 😁🙃😀😄

PS. I didn't realized at the time, but my setup also included the weather packages. Rubber mats and cargo area mat,cargo cover and mud flaps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Year: 2021
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XSE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Audio, Tech, Weather, Pano roof, Blizzard Pearl color ($425) [all required to get pano roof]
MSRP: $40,095
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $37,068 (includes $500 dealer cash incentive and Costco pricing. Also, had them discount $300 trans fee to pull the vehicle from another location and the weather liners to match another offer. Several dealer add-ons were not charged because the price was settled on before they knew those items were on the vehicle...negotiated on a spec sheet with MSRP of $39,798.)
Doc Fee: $325
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Weather liner mats (cargo and floor), premium fog lights, mudguards, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, and side body molding.
City and State Where You Purchased: PA, greater Philly area
Taxes ~$2,225+$178 tag
OTD: $39,790

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium Fwd
4 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE Premium
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: Weather Package
MSRP: $33,258
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $29,303
Doc Fee: $85
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Running Boards, All Weather Liners (Cargo & Floor), Door Edge Guards
City and State Where You Purchased: Palo Alto, CA
Taxes $2,674
OTD: $32,500

·
Registered
‘21 Rav4 XLE Premium AWD Lunar Rock
28 Posts
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: Weather Package
MSRP: $33,258
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $29,303
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Running Boards, All Weather Liners (Cargo & Floor), Door Edge Guards
City and State Where You Purchased: Palo Alto, CA
Taxes $2,674
OTD: $32,500
Great deal for NorCal congrats!

·
Registered
28 Posts
After many months of looking around and being set on a RAV4 build coming this month things changed and happened quickly. Found another dealer 400 miles away giving me the best deal so I booked a one way flight and am now a proud owner of a Lunar Rock Rav.

Year: 2021 (“J” Vin)
Options: Audio, Tech, Weather, Weather Liners
MSRP: $36,809
Invoice Price (if known): $34,844
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33645 *including $1000 cash rebate
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
OTD: $36.9k
City and State Where You Purchased: Monterey, CA

original build I was set on was through the Costco Program. Included Weather, Audio Package. Black emblem, black exhaust tip. MSRP $35.8k Sales Price $34.6k. So pretty much got the tech package for free but sacrificing exterior accessories I plan on getting soon! Costco was $700 above invoice, this dealer gave me $200 below invoice!

·
Banned
284 Posts
After many months of looking around and being set on a RAV4 build coming this month things changed and happened quickly. Found another dealer 400 miles away giving me the best deal so I booked a one way flight and am now a proud owner of a Lunar Rock Rav.

Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33645 *including $1000 cash rebate

original build I was set on was through the Costco Program. Included Weather, Audio Package. Black emblem, black exhaust tip. MSRP $35.8k Sales Price $34.6k. So pretty much got the tech package for free but sacrificing exterior accessories I plan on getting soon! Costco was $700 above invoice, this dealer gave me $200 below invoice!
My doc fee was $495.00...

·
Registered
24 Posts

Congratulations on your new RAV4. As we talked before, that is the exact trim I am looking for. Could you let me know the name of your salesperson? I looked on their website and it looks like they have several more of these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations on your new RAV4. As we talked before, that is the exact trim I am looking for. Could you let me know the name of your salesperson? I looked on their website and it looks like they have several more of these.
I’ll PM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has been posting their deals here- it has been super helpful. I am going to share my numbers here for future buyer data/research purposes. I know I got shafted, but could not delay anymore after waiting 2 months for J-vin White XLEs to arrive (due to life reasons lol). Inventory has somehow gotten worse in my area since a month ago and incentives have been rolled back

Trim: XLE (w/ a Canadian VIN lol)
Options: Carpet Liners
MSRP: $30,189
Invoice Price (if known): $28,501
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $28,909
Doc Fee: $75
OTD: $30,000 (including $1,500 in rebates)
City and State Where You Purchased: Long Island, NY

Good luck to future buyers - hope you do better than I did :) When inventory gets better, definitely use my numbers as a ceiling while negotiating

·
Registered
28 Posts
So they got my tax wrong. After much pushing I finally was able to have them send a new contract to me to sign and send back. They were persistent on not being able to do that. They said they’d right me a check, or that I’d have to travel back to the dealership. Is it standard practice to mail contracts? I assumed it was but made me feel like their mistake was creating a huge inconvenience to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for a white LE 2wd, but It seems like almost all 2020 RAV4's are sold out. There are a few gray and silver models available, but it's tough to get a price under $24k now.

841 - 860 of 889 Posts