Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

861 - 880 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking to purchase a 2021 RAV4 XLE FWD in So. Cal. I'm curious if anyone has recently purchased or received pricings for RAV4 in So. Cal? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bump to the top for responses for new member.

@franklw - as tedious as it may be, may want to browse this thread for earlier posts. And also check kbb.com.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Midnight Black Metallic
1 Posts
Year: 2021
Trim: XLE Premium
FWD or AWD: FWD
Options: Cargo Mats/Net.
MSRP: 31,988.00
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 28,723.00
Doc Fee: 125.00
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Heated Seats, Vehicle Protection Package.
City and State Where You Purchased: Dallas, TX

Started with Costco pricing but they beat that price and had another 1000 for incentives credit.
Costco Price: 30,420.86
Dealer Price: 28,723.00

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trim: XLE Hybrid
FWD or AWD: AWD
Color: Black
Options: Convenience Package, Weather package and Audio Plus ($3,180), All weather Floor liners and cargo tray ($269)
State: Ohio

MSRP: $34,419
Dealer Selling Price: $31,840
Doc Fee: $250
Sales Tax: $2246
Tag/Title Fee: $35
Rebate: $2,000 ($1,000 customer cash + $1,000 finance)
OTD: $32,371

·
Registered
3 Posts
Invoice price of 2021 models:
LE FWD: $24,357
LE AWD: $25,666
XLE FWD: $25,557
XLE AWD: $26,847
XLE Premium FWD: $28,097
XLE AWD: $29,406
Adventure: $31,000
Limited FWD: $32,333
Limited AWD: $33,642

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time follower, first time poster. I didn't see a whole lot for the RAV4 LE so I figured maybe this will help for those looking for the LE in the SoCal area.

Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): LE
Options: 499.00 (rear cargo area cover, all-weather-liner package, door-edge guards)
MSRP: 27,724.00
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 23002.50 (after $1000 rebate)
Doc Fee: 85.00
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: Orange, CA

Tax: 2408.75
Title/Registration/License/Other Fees: 378.75

Final Price (OTD): 25,875

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you all for your posts. They really helped my get comfortable with my number in central NJ so now it's time for me to reciprocate.

Year: 2021 (Canada Vin)
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Color: SIlver
Options: All Weather Floor Liner, BM Body Side Molding, Mudguard
MSRP: 28,745.00
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 26,701 includes 1000 customer cash
NJ Tax: 1882.38
NJ Doc Fee: 599.99
NJ Reg and Title Fee: 376
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: NJ North of Raritan River
OTD: 29,558.38
Finance: No Finance - Paid Cash

Three other dealers would not even negotiate when I gave them a number ~$500 less than above OTD and they wouldn't even touch this OTD either when I told them I had that $29,558 number from dealer X. One of them said in person it was a very good number and let me walk out of their dealership. Another of the three who had 9 of the same exact model/series in stock (4 silver ones) told me to go buy it at the dealer who quoted me, he was surprised at the number, and thought maybe the dealer wouldn't honor it once in with the numbers guy.

I could have pressed harder and maybe received $29,000 OTD or less over the next few weeks but I figured this number is right in line with what three others paid in NJ/NY in this forum. I think it was a good deal but I didn't cut them to the bone. Also, being in the dealership I didn't care about that $500 because the sales guy who handled the prep was very, patient, respectful, and friendly and it makes you realize dealership overhead and these guys have to eat too.

Ok have a good night and thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks y'all for your posts.

Trim: XLE
Color: Magnetic Grey
Options: None
MSRP: $27345.00
Dealer Addons: $1700 (spider cargo net, mud guards, carpet mat set, cross bars, paint renewer cleaner, paint sealant, fabric guard, tint, wheel locks)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $24,100
Trade In: $4700 (Corola 2010)
City and State Where You Purchased: Cntl tx
OTD: $21k (with trade in)
Finance: Cash

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc):Grey XLE Premium Hybrid
FWD or AWD:AWD
Options: Weather, Audio Plus, Advanced Tech, All weather Floor mats, Body Side Molding
MSRP:38,063
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):35,550 includes 750.00 rebate and the doc fee
Doc Fee:300.00
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):None
City and State Where You Purchased: Elmhurst, IL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XLE FWD Super White with Black cloth interior Canadian built
Options: Floor mats, Blackout Emblem, Door Edge Guard, Black Chrome Exhaust Tip
MSRP: $27, 345
Sales Price (including tax, title, license, etc.): $29,729.32 OTD ($26,729.32 cash + $3,000 for 2010 Corrola trade-in with 127K miles)
Purchased: El Monte, California
This thread has always been really helpful so here is my contribution. Going to CarMax and having my trade-in appraised and then presenting the appraisal to the dealership saved me $500. They were going give me $2500 but honored the CarMax appraisal because it was within the 7 days. They also removed the $500 antitheft device when I made the counter offer..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mentioned my recent (12/20/2020) purchase in another thread but thought I'd post here too!

Trim: Hybrid Limited Silver Sky Metallic with Black Soft-tex interior (US built 12/20)
Packages and Options: Advanced tech package, weather package, adaptive headlights, pano roof, all weather liners and mudguards
MSRP: $41,558
Sale Price: $36,235
WA Tax, Title, Lic: $3,283.05 (tax reflects trade in)
Doc Fee: $150

Total Cash Price of Vehicle: $39,668.05 (Sale price+TTL+Doc Fee)

Rebates and Trade: $750 + $8,000 (2012 Honda Crv)

Total Paid: $30,918.05

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mentioned my recent (12/20/2020) purchase in another thread but thought I'd post here too!

Trim: Hybrid Limited Silver Sky Metallic with Black Soft-tex interior (US built 12/20)
Packages and Options: Advanced tech package, weather package, adaptive headlights, pano roof, all weather liners and mudguards
MSRP: $41,558
Sale Price: $36,235
WA Tax, Title, Lic: $3,283.05 (tax reflects trade in)

Total Cash Price of Vehicle: $39,668.05 (Sale price+TTL+Doc Fee)

Rebates and Trade: $750 + $8,000 (2012 Honda Crv)

Total Paid: $30,918.05
Wow that seems like a great deal. This is pretty much almost the exact configuration that I am looking for. Do you mind telling me which dealership you got it from in WA State?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Toyota of Olympia...little bit of a drive for me but well worth the savings!
What a coincidence. I actually bought a Camry there three years ago. We spent many hours though to get the price. How long did yours take? Did you do all the negotiations via phone and/or email before driving that distance?

·
Registered
27 Posts
What a coincidence. I actually bought a Camry there three years ago. We spent many hours though to get the price. How long did yours take? Did you do all the negotiations via phone and/or email before driving that distance?
I did all negotiations via email and text. It was pretty straightforward and I was pleasantly surprised/shocked at the price I was able to get...almost 15% off MSRP!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did all negotiations via email and text. It was pretty straightforward and I was pleasantly surprised/shocked at the price I was able to get...almost 15% off MSRP!
Thanks. I may try that approach then. Did you use offers from other dealerships as a negotiation with Olympia? We got the new 2018 Camry back then for almost 20% off. I am looking to replace my Corolla with this RAV4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks. I may try that approach then. Did you use offers from other dealerships as a negotiation with Olympia? We got the new 2018 Camry back then for almost 20% off. I am looking to replace my Corolla with this RAV4.
Yes, I was in touch with several dealers. Used bottom price to negotiate and Olympia came back lowest. Initial model I was searching for was XSE Hybrid, but I asked if they would apply same savings to the Limited Hybrid and they obliged so it was a no brainer. I absolutely love the adaptive headlights. Even my 2020 Landcruiser does not have them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, I was in touch with several dealers. Used bottom price to negotiate and Olympia came back lowest. Initial model I was searching for was XSE Hybrid, but I asked if they would apply same savings to the Limited Hybrid and they obliged so it was a no brainer. I absolutely love the adaptive headlights. Even my 2020 Landcruiser does not have them.
Sounds like a good plan and you got a very good deal. I would love to get the XSE with all the Limited convenience features such as the memory positions, 360 camera, and ventilated seat. I would still choose the Limited and maybe upgrade the suspension later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The week before Christmas, I went in looking at the XLE Premium. My salesman (2nd buy from same salesman) said for the options I wanted I could possibly get into a Limited for the same or less. The biggest problem was that most inventory around was silver, and I just cannot "do" silver, and Limiteds that qualified were low in supply. The preference was either Ruby Flare or Blueprint (dark blue) with the grey interior. Also wanted no white paint (both prior RAVs were white), no roof crossbars, and no nutmeg interior. This would be my 4th buy from this dealer and my 3rd RAV4. I trade every 3-4 years. Trade-in was a 2018 SE, white with cinnamon interior (I'm going to miss that lovely cinnamon interior).

I wound up closing on the 29th on a 2021 Limited in Blueprint with the two tone grey interior that they found at a dealer 70 miles away. (only 2 Blueprint & no Ruby Flare meeting my requirements). The color is gorgeous, as is the interior. Sales price is within fair market/sales range of both KBB and True Car. I am very happy with the purchase except now I have to explain to my sister why my new RAV is the same color as her new CR-V she bought earlier this past fall.

Trim: Limited (J-VIN)
Options: No packages, but premium carpet mats, body side molding, cargo spider net
MSRP: $36,378
Invoice Price (if known): $35,134
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $34,212
Dealer Add-Ons: Tint, C-Bond (included in sales price above)
OTD: $32,898 (including $3k net on trade-in)
City and State Where You Purchased: Greater Houston area

Reactions: mycoma

·
Registered
2 Posts
December 14th, 2020 traded 2011 toyota venza awd 141,000 on a 2019 silver awd rav4 xle with 17 inch wheels,with advanced tech package and convenient packages with entune 3.0 audio plus package. It has 8500 miles on it $27,000

861 - 880 of 889 Posts