Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Price Paid for 5th Gen RAV4

347K views 966 replies 346 participants last post by  KbRav42021 
#1 ·
The 5th Gen RAV4 should be at some dealers this week or if not real soon. Let's see what kind of deals are out there. Please list your sales price before tax, title, and license as those vary city to city.

Year:
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc):
FWD or AWD:
Options:
MSRP:
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):
Doc Fee:
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):
City and State Where You Purchased:

#2 ·
Won't have the paperwork until I go pick it up and the wife signs, but here's what I went with.

Year: 2019
Trim: XLE Premium AWD Silver Sky Metallic
Options: Advanced Tech Pkg, Weather Pkg, XLE Premium Tech Pkg, Mudguards, Cross bars
MSRP: $36,618
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35101 before $750 Loyalty
Doc Fee: $115
Dealer Add-Ons: None
City and State Where You Purchased:Wilsonville OR

#4 ·
Same as what I have ordered except I ordered gray interior with the JBL audio as well, and All-Weather Liner Package no mudguards or cross bars, I will put after market mudguards on later.

$34,962 plus tax, title, license, possible additional off pending what promotions if any are running when it comes in. My dealer doesn’t charge any additional stupid dealer fees.

#9 ·
2019 RAV4 now avl. at Carmax dealerships -28868

Here the pricing on new XLE that's showing in stock at Carmax's Toyota dealership.
The discount off of MSRP is about 2750 for 2019. For 2018, it's about 5500+. I'd consider buying when the discount on 2019 is above 4000. Looking at 2019 Highlander prices, it seems we will get there as well once most of the 18 inventory is cleared.
FYI: The XLE I saw on Carmax.com a few hours ago is not avl. anymore. So, can't say what the detailed options were.

Attachments

#12 ·
Not helping, please provide details as requested by Stearicom.

The 5th Gen RAV4 should be at some dealers this week or if not real soon. Let's see what kind of deals are out there. Please list your sales price before tax, title, and license as those vary city to city.

Year:
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc):
FWD or AWD:
Options:
MSRP:
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):
Doc Fee:
City and State Where You Purchased:

#13 ·
Year: 19
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): Adventure Ruby
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Weather, Premium Nav, Moonroof
MSRP: 38,393
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 38,393
Doc Fee: 175
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): N/A
City and State Where You Purchased: Illinois

#14 ·
Dealers in Denver are already competing openly on price. One dealer shows $1400 out the door off a Limited and $1200 off an Adventure and that's before clicking the "get out best price" button on their site.

Reactions: yarmola
#19 ·
Hi everyone,
I thought I got a decent deal considering how new this car is right now. My price wasn’t too hard to negotiate. The hard part was tracking down the car with exact configuration I wanted. I was told there were only 40 XLE Premiums with AWD in the entire Northern California region. That 40 includes every color combination and random assortment of options available. I was only considering two colors, black or red, and both needed to have a black interior. There was only 1 black AWD Premium and 2 red AWD Premiums in the region. The car I bought was the only car out of the three which came with added options. So you can see it was extremely difficult to track down my car. I had at least 4 dealerships trying to help me find it. Every dealer told me I’d have to pay full sticker for this car, but I did my homework and found the lowest price I could find. After that there wasn’t much wiggle room, but I was able to talk one guy down a few extra $$$. In the end, I found a price I was willing to live with. I could have fought harder for a better deal, but I was happy just finding the car I wanted.

Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc): XLE Premium, Ruby flare pearl w/ black interior
Options: Entune 3.0 audio plus & JBL w/ Clari-fi, XLE premium grade weather package, XLE Premium package, all weather floor liners and cargo tray, roof rack and cross bars, and special color (ruby flare pearl).
MSRP: $35,619
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33,000
OTD Price: $36,689.49 (Sales tax = 9.25%)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: Northern California (High sales tax)

#20 ·
Year: 19
Trim: LE AWD
Options: LE AWD
MSRP: 36 879$ OTD CND (Taxes everything included)
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 28,190$ + 1815$ delivery + 131$ AC fee and environmental fees. = 30136$ before taxes
OTD Price = 34 053.68$ (13% taxes) CND
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Winter tires on steel rims
City and State Where You Purchased: Canada / Ottawa

#22 ·
That's Canadian or US dollars? Did you compare specs between US and Canadian model LE AWD? When I bought mine I find price was quite different between our 2 country for the same model but Canadian models are spec'd very different with more stuffs as standard.

Reactions: Andre Lofano
#25 ·
I’m looking for a limited awd blizzard pearl. Msrp with dealer options (cross bar, weather liners, cargo net, running board) of 37,532. Price offered was 36,161 before taxes and fees.

A second offer I got but is in magnetic gray metallic. Msrp with dealer options (audio package $580, limited grade advance tech $1025) 38,393. Price offered was 35,688 before taxes and fees. A few questions. Does anyone know what is “SCT discount?” What does it mean when they say “cash deal” and “fees after rebate”

They quoted $1,955 sct discount and 750 rebate when financing with Toyota.

Sorry for all the questions. First time new buyer.

#26 ·
Got quoted at $32,500 OTD (1,000 cash back and $500 college graduate).

2019 Rav 4 XLE AWD Gray Metallic
South Jersey

Sticker: $32,322
MSRP: 28,700
XLE Weather Package: 485
XLE Convience Package: 1,295
All Weather Matts: 269
Body Side Modling: 209
Door Edge Guard:140
Mudguard: 129
Delivery: 1095

I wanted $28,700 out the door but the lowest they could do is $32,500.

Anyone in NJ/NYC area can hook me up with a better deal ? Need one by the end of next week.

#30 ·
this is the deal I got,

I just couldn't seem to get dealers to move on price much.

Year:2019
Trim (LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, Limited, Hybrid XSE, etc):Adventure
Options: moonroof, carpet floor mats, mudguard, Adventure grade weather, premium audio
MSRP:37998
Invoice Price (if known):35,357
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):36,770
Doc Fee:399

#31 ·
Trim: Limited
Options: Ruby flare red, Entune 3.0, Tech Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MSRP: $38,838
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,570 (incl $750 rebate)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
City and State Where You Purchased: San Francisco Bay Area

FWIW -- Limited AWD's have been going quickly in the Bay Area. Several that I found were sold in one or two days after arriving on the lot, often at sticker (or so the sales reps say). It helps to get attractive e-prices online before going into the dealer so you can get them to match what you have, otherwise you're negotiating from sticker price.

#41 ·
Like Silverboy said, always be ready to walk away. If the dealer motivated to sell you the car, they will make it work. If not, move on to another dealer and draw out the process over several days, don't take the first offer. Just be sure the model you want is what they have on the lot or you're wasting your time..

#43 ·
2019 AWD RAV4 XLE with Cold Weather package, Convience package, all weather mat package, Weathertech rain guards for all 4 windows & Remote Starter installed
Exterior: Blueprint
Interior: Black
Came in off the truck yesterday
MSRP:$31,973
Price paid: $26,595(not including taxes & fees)
OTD price: $28,039
With my trade & my pro-rated refund for my Platinum warranty my OTD balance was $15,000 exactly.

I am in the Boston area

#44 ·
XLE Premium AWD

Year:2019
Trim XLE Premium
Options: Weather Package, Entune 3.0 Audio Plus w/ JBL, All Weather Floor Liners/Cargo Tray, Door Edge Guard, Mudguard
MSRP: $35,228
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $30,508 (includes a $1000 Toyota Finance Rebate)
Doc Fee: $199
City and State Where You Purchased: Muncie, IN

How'd I do?

#45 ·
Adventure for $33,300

Adventure AWD
Lunar Rock
Mocha Interior
Moon Roof
Roof Rack Rails

MSRP - $35,064

Sell Price - $31,589

Taxes (VA) - $1,323

Tags (VA) - $87

MD Processing Fee - $300

OTD - $33,300

Went to one dealer to pick out exact model, worked with them to get the price as low as they would go, I wanted to see $33,000 OTD - they said it was impossible, went to $34,500. Took that offer and called a few other dealers with the same model in stock. Within 2 hrs and a few calls back and forth, another dealer 20mi away bought the exact car I looked at from dealer #1 and sold it to me for $33,300.
I was offered another $1500 in incentives ($500 college grad, $1000 dealer finance) but both would require dealer financing. After a quick search on Toyota financing, I realized it was complete garbage, and the rate was 0.5% higher than my bank. definitely not worth $1,500.

Love the car so far!

#46 ·
Adventure AWD
Lunar Rock
Mocha Interior
Moon Roof
Roof Rack Rails

MSRP - $35,064

Sell Price - $31,589

Taxes (VA) - $1,323

Tags (VA) - $87

MD Processing Fee - $300

OTD - $33,300

Went to one dealer to pick out exact model, worked with them to get the price as low as they would go, I wanted to see $33,000 OTD - they said it was impossible, went to $34,500. Took that offer and called a few other dealers with the same model in stock. Within 2 hrs and a few calls back and forth, another dealer 20mi away bought the exact car I looked at from dealer #1 and sold it to me for $33,300.
I was offered another $1500 in incentives ($500 college grad, $1000 dealer finance) but both would require dealer financing. After a quick search on Toyota financing, I realized it was complete garbage, and the rate was 0.5% higher than my bank. definitely not worth $1,500.

Love the car so far!

Was this at Koons?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.