Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To borrow a topic title from edmunds. So, for those who have purchased/pre-ordered one, how much did you pay and what was the trim?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts for some time.

I ordered my Rav4 2006 Limited on 12/31/2005 in the Chicagoland area. It should be at the dealer within the month.
The options are the side curtain airbags, moonroof, leather heated seats.
It is a 4x2, 4cyl, and nautical blue.

I test drove the base and limited models. The limited in definately more classy inside and seems to sit a bit higher than the base.

I saved the best for last. The MSRP price was $26,000(USD), and I got them down to $24,798. ($1402 difference) It was definately a great day. :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My order went in yesterday for a Limited without leather. Options include JBL 6 Disk Premium Sound system, Power Sun roof and the optional Side Curtain airbags. MSRP was $26,490. My actual cost minus trade was $16,213 after trade of my 01 Rav4L. My total allowance for trade was $11,300 which included a $500, dealer loyality and $10,800 trade value. I couldn't be happier.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
etop said:
My order went in yesterday for a Limited without leather. Options include JBL 6 Disk Premium Sound system, Power Sun roof and the optional Side Curtain airbags. MSRP was $26,490. My actual cost minus trade was $16,213 after trade of my 01 Rav4L. My total allowance for trade was $11,300 which included a $500, dealer loyality and $10,800 trade value. I couldn't be happier.
Am I missing something here? If 26,490.00 was list and you bought it for 16,213.00 because of discounts but if you add the discounts back to the 16,213.00 it comes to $27,513.00 whicj is more than MSRP

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I saved the best for last. The MSRP price was $26,000(USD), and I got them down to $24,798. ($1402 difference) It was definately a great day. "

Another math issue: 26,000-1402 is 24598, not 24798. Did you save 1400 or 1200 on MSRP?[[/quote]

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the numbers. MSRP $26,490. Less trade $11,300. Difference of $15,190. Now we add PA sales tax $911.40. PA tire tax $5.00. Document fee $55.00. License Transfer $6.00. ON Line Title and Reg, Fee $15.45. On Line Dealer Fee $8.55. Title $22.50. This totals up to $16,213. Hope this explains the numbers.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the math issue.
The MSRP was 26,200. My price was 24,798. A difference of 1,402.
trt

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
that sounds like mine we just picked up last night:) Ours is barcolona red with taupe/

Frank

etop said:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you explain the "Dealer Loyalty"?

I mean, it sounds obvious, but Id be interested in any specifics? (this will be my 3rd Toyota purchased from this same dealership)

Thanks!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The phrase "Dealer Loyality" is basically a generic term for rewarding a consistent customer. When my sales persom went back to talk to her sales manager, I am sure they talked about the other Ravs I bought and service that I used there and always talked highly about there dealership. I really have a strong bond with this same salesperson for over 10 tears. The $11,300 was a lot more trade than I expected for on 01 with close to 80K miles.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
oh and you guys are hate me.. nut.. I paid list. I did not car to save a few dollers on my monthly payments.. I know I wanted a truck and my local dealer got it overnight for me and treated me well. Even threw in a free set of wheelocks lol. They actually gave me a great monthly payment. Lower then we were ready to pay actually.

Its a Limited with daytime running lights, side air bags, JBL and sunroof.

Frank

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess what. I got tired of waiting for my Barcelona Red Limited. On the lot sat a real nice looking black sport. I took it for a test drive and loved it. Told my saleperson that I'll take it. Should be ready tomorrow.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought a Pacific Blue Limited for Invoice + $300.00 last week. The discount was $2,249.00.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
D.P.G. said:
I bought a Pacific Blue Limited for Invoice + $300.00 last week. The discount was $2,249.00.
Sounds like a great price on a brand new model.

I'd love to hear how you managed the negotiation. Did you use a Costco-type buying service or straight negotiation with the dealer? Was there a trade in involved?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
flyingn said:
Thats great Etop!! I have not seen a black one yet.. Take pics and post em when ya pick it up tomorrow.. Looks like the weather is gonna be nice too

Frank
Call my salesperson this morning and she said it would be prept. at 5PM. To dark for pictures til I get out of there. Especially since it is black to begin with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts