135 Posts
Year: 2019
Trim: Limited - Magnetic Gray
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Entune 3.0 premium with nav, carpet mats, mud guards, roof rack
MSRP: $38,286
Invoice Price (if known): $35,767
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,286
OTD with DMV/fees/tax: $41,296 (includes $2,650 for 10 year/100k warranty).
City and State Where You Purchased: San Jose, CA

I was really on the fence about the warrantly, and I'm not sure if I got an ok deal on that. My previous 10 year old toyota had some mechanical issues, and the RAV4 has WAY more gadgets and things that could bug out. So I bit. Financing was higher than it has been lately where purchased, so I will refinance out of the 5.9%.

To get a better deal I drove a bit. Original offer from one dealer in my area was $2k over MSRP.
Seems like a really good discount, getting $3k off of MSRP (although not sure about the extra warranty). Down here in SoCal most dealers are trying to hold at MSRP (or higher on XSE model). I’d be interested to know how you got that discount (e.g. costco/usaa purchase program, etc.), which might help me in my purchase strategy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No special programs or discounts. The initial offer was good and I negotiated from there.
Hi K-Rob! I'm in the bay area and I'm looking for a XSE base model.
Can you share what dealer and contact info if it's available?
I will DM you.
Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got tired of dealing with Socal stealerships so I ventured out and did an out of state purchase. The XSE should be arriving tomorrow. Even with the cost of shipping it's still cheaper than what SD dealerships wanted (+unnecessary tack ons). Let me know if you want their info and I'll PM you.
How does the shipping work? Someone at the dealership drove it to you for a fee? Or was it trucked? What was the fee? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Base model with added crossbars to roof rails, no added insurance. $24,433 not including taxes and fees. Feeling pretty good about this price after seeing what alot of you paid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Base model with added crossbars to roof rails, no added insurance. $24,433 not including taxes and fees. Feeling pretty good about this price after seeing what alot of you paid.
No doubt the higher trim levels and additional features cost more in the same box. It all comes down to want you want and can afford. There’s little point in comparing prices paid for a limited vs basic model. At the end of the day, if your happy with the car and the price paid, that’s what matters.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How does the shipping work? Someone at the dealership drove it to you for a fee? Or was it trucked? What was the fee? Thank you.
This particular dealer frequently works with a shipping company so they organized all of it for me. Truck picked it up in IL and dropped it off in Cali for $1500. I've shipped a car myself for about half that price, but I'm sure it's a little higher because the dealer takes a cut. I would have flown to IL to pick it up and drive it home, but a road trip isn't in the cards right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here and hoping I got a decent deal on my new, pretty basic blueprint hybrid XSE (my first ever Rav4!). Would've loved the weather package and the pano sun/moonroof, but blueprint XSE's seem to be super hard to find within 300 miles of NYC.

Trim: XSE - Blueprint
Options: Carpet Package
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
MSRP: $35,214
Invoice Price: $33,747 ($1,467 dealer discount)
Rebates: $900 TSF rebate
Doc Fees: $75
Sales Tax: $2,699 (8% in upstate NY)
NY Inspection Fees: $22.50
OTD Price: $35,644.
City and State Where You Purchased: Kingston, NY

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XSE - Magnetic Gray
Options: XSE Weather package, carpet mats
MSRP: $35,966
Invoice Price (if known): Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $32,310.74
Doc Fee: $598
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): -
City and State Where You Purchased: Raleigh, North Carolina
Recent Grad Discount

Out the Door Price: $34,000
Can I have your sellers info? TIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XSE blueprint
Packages: None
Accessories: Cross Bars; Carpet Mat Package; Door edge guards; Alloy wheel locks.
MSRP: $35,759
Invoice price: $34,253 (TDA included)
Sales Price: $32,590 ( including Recent graduate $500, TFS rebate $900, Dealer fee $300; Reg. Fee $490) Excluding sales Tax.
OTD: $34,190
Purchased: Baltimore, MD
I am in Baltimore also. This price is about a thousand less than the lowest OTD price I was able to find in the area. Would you mind telling me which dealership and salesperson you purchased from? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: Limited - Magnetic Gray
Options: Entune 3.0 premium with nav, carpet mats, mud guards, roof rack
MSRP: $38,286
Invoice Price (if known): $35,767
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,286
OTD with DMV/fees/tax: $41,296 (includes $2,650 for 10 year/100k warranty).
City and State Where You Purchased: San Jose, CA

I was really on the fence about the warrantly, and I'm not sure if I got an ok deal on that. My previous 10 year old toyota had some mechanical issues, and the RAV4 has WAY more gadgets and things that could bug out. So I bit. Financing was higher than it has been lately where purchased, so I will refinance out of the 5.9%.

To get a better deal I drove a bit. Original offer from one dealer in my area was $2k over MSRP.
I am looking for a Rav4 Hybrid limited too. Can you tell me who did you buy it from? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new member. Didn’t have many choices getting a Pearl White Limited with the 3 main options. Not a big selection around here.

TLDR: $500 under invoice

Trim: Limited
Options: Pearl White, Advanced Tech, Weather, Entune3.0 Premium, Door guards, mud flaps, roof rack, Carpet Package, wheel locks
MSRP: $40,878
Invoice Price: $38,724
Purchase Price: $37,324 (including $900 TSF rebate)
City and State: Westport CT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone help evaluate this offer from a local dealer for me?

Model: 2019 Rav 4 Hybrid XSE Silver Sky Metallic
Packages: Entune 3.0 Premium Audio, Weather
Add-ons: carpet floor mats/cargo mat, mudguard, spider cargo net
Base Price: $33,850
Packages and Add-Ons: $2452
Destination Charge: $1095
Total MSRP: $37,397
Dealer Offer: $35,204

This is obviously before tax/title/etc., and doesn't appear to include the $900 TFS rebate.

·
Registered
13 Posts

This is obviously before tax/title/etc., and doesn't appear to include the $900 TFS rebate.
I think you get a good offer with almost $2K off the MSPR at this time.
You might send this offer to different dealers in your area to get some more discount but they might not have the color/trim you want.

·
Registered
86 Posts

which dealer is that? i got mine xse with weather + carpet + mudguard for $33100 (b4 tax n fees) from Burnsville Toyota. they have the best offer and nice sale ppl too. Ask for David, a young guy with good altitude, and tell him Kai sent you to him but don't mention my price though. just tell him ur budget to start off.

good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you add on the option packages at the dealer after the car has already been produced and on the lot? Like the weather package for example, aren't those ventilated seats? Which weren't installed on the original car.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I would verify in writing that the $900 TFS rebate is not part of the dealer offer price.
All of the ad ons are negotiable. I would ask that the dealer add ons to be removed as you can generally get OEM stuff cheaper on your own. Often, after you ask for the dealer add ons to be removed, they get thrown in for free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would verify in writing that the $900 TFS rebate is not part of the dealer offer price.
All of the ad ons are negotiable. I would ask that the dealer add ons to be removed as you can generally get OEM stuff cheaper on your own. Often, after you ask for the dealer add ons to be removed, they get thrown in for free.
I asked one of the dealers in the bay area I contacted to removed Roof Rack Cross Bars & Blackout Emblem Overlays add-on but the sale manager said "you cannot remove options that the vehicle already has on it. If it is on the spec sheet, then it needs to be paid for."

421 - 440 of 444 Posts
About this Discussion
443 Replies
164 Participants
EnjoyDriving
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing