Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

541 - 557 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all!First time poster and so glad I was able to find this thread! Have this offer from a dealership. I’m located in NH and wondering if this is a good deal or not.

2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
MSRP $29,650
Delivery and Processing $1,120
Blueprint
XLE Convenience Package $1,295
XLE weather package $485
Roof rack cross bars $315
Carpet floor mats $269
Mudguard $129
Body side molding $209
Door edge guard $140

Total $34,652

Sale price $31,367 (Not including doc fees)

Thanks so much in advance!
I was shopping 2019 Hybrid XLEs before I landed on the Hybrid LE (more in my price range). You can do better, lowest I got them down to was $30.5K with all weather floor mats before they let me walk out the door. There is still room, be patient!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all!First time poster and so glad I was able to find this thread! Have this offer from a dealership. I’m located in NH and wondering if this is a good deal or not.

2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
MSRP $29,650
Delivery and Processing $1,120
Blueprint
XLE Convenience Package $1,295
XLE weather package $485
Roof rack cross bars $315
Carpet floor mats $269
Mudguard $129
Body side molding $209
Door edge guard $140

Total $34,652

Sale price $31,367 (Not including doc fees)

Thanks so much in advance!
Thanks so much for the kind words. Ended up getting down to 30.6k with all weather mats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to NV.

I bought mine in Carson City, NV, right over the state line from Lake Tahoe. It meant I had to spend $35 to get it smogged in CA, and I had to go to the DMV for a visual inspection.

But I got the color and options I wanted, with no BS. Their Internet dept. was great - and staffed by two women, which was unusual.
I live near this area, what price/model/options did you get at that toyota dealership?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live near this area, what price/model/options did you get at that toyota dealership?
I got the Limited trim, with almost all options (Ruby Red Pearl, roof rack, weather and tech packages, floor mats, upgraded Entune, and panoramic moonroof to ensure it was built in Japan).

$43,490 OTD, so not a great deal - but I got the car I wanted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the Limited trim, with almost all options (Ruby Red Pearl, roof rack, weather and tech packages, floor mats, upgraded Entune, and panoramic moonroof to ensure it was built in Japan).

$43,490 OTD, so not a great deal - but I got the car I wanted.
Also note that my sale tax rate is 8.25% in NorCal - so that was a pretty big addition to the OTD price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i bought my wife a 2017 Rav4 SE leather fully loaded with Nav package package back in July 2017 brand new with a full 5 year platinum package that included roof crossbar, inside floor mats, cargo mats , back bumper protector total taxes included $51,144 Canadian at NewWestminster Toyota In British Columbia. i replace the shitty nav with a $500us Sygav Android stereo , $35 dash speaker replaced, installed a $119 was $289 hitch. Things I hate about the RaV4 , it sux for take off power, has a 2.4 second late take off when you step on the gas pedal. It really doesnt save us much on gas. its a poorly built made for a 16 year old little daughter car. definitly not a man suv. We are gonna junk it for a Highlander or Lexus in 2020 for the wife.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid LE AWD
MSRP: $29,035
Price: $25,012
Rebates: -$1k for recent college grad
Sale tax: $0
Fees: $525
OTD: $24, 527

Note: another $900 rebate is also available if I finance through Toyota but unsure of their best rates.

Good price?

I have another dealer that also got close to that price but their internet price was even less. I HATE when a dealer does this. I filled out the form for a price but did not notice the response until later as it went into my junk folder. In between visited the dealer who was $1k over what I later learned from their internet sales price. Ridiculous.

I really hate the whole car buying experience and think this needs to change. Instead of a dealer selling cars, they should just be the Liaison to the automaker. Instead, we have to continue to dance. Most get ripped off and I am nearly bald with frustration. Long gaps of time between a rep and manager and manager has to come meet you, pitching hard to not leave without buying a car. Trying to learn of what you want, getting you into a seat of a new car, charming you with lots of senseless talk, not knowing about the issues or exact details of the vehicle they are selling. "No, no, no, finance through us not with your bank - we can get you the same or better rates, blah, blah, blah.." Sorry, needed to vent after being many new vehicles over the years and see all the tricks, games, and tactics played out like a broken record.

My last new car purchase was 4 years ago. The sales process took 11 minutes and that involved me getting up to walk out the door. Car?> price? > decision? > plan processing next steps. Part of my process is that if you try to sell me an penny more than what I requested and we agreed to, I walk out and never return.

I think they need a process / place for old salts like me that want to cut out the noise and reduce the overhead.

·
Registered
186 Posts
People on Rav4 World state that you can take the $900 Toyota Financial rebate and either pay off the loan or refinance immediately.

I cant comment if this is a good price but have you checked True Car, a credit union fleet sales, Costco, AAA, Ect?

What are the "Fees" for?

Are you purchasing in a state without sales tax?

Note: another $900 rebate is also available if I finance through Toyota but unsure of their best rates.

Good price?

I have another dealer that also got close to that price but their internet price was even less. I HATE when a dealer does this. I filled out the form for a price but did not notice the response until later as it went into my junk folder. In between visited the dealer who was $1k over what I later learned from their internet sales price. Ridiculous.

I really hate the whole car buying experience and think this needs to change. Instead of a dealer selling cars, they should just be the Liaison to the automaker. Instead, we have to continue to dance. Most get ripped off and I am nearly bald with frustration. Long gaps of time between a rep and manager and manager has to come meet you, pitching hard to not leave without buying a car. Trying to learn of what you want, getting you into a seat of a new car, charming you with lots of senseless talk, not knowing about the issues or exact details of the vehicle they are selling. "No, no, no, finance through us not with your bank - we can get you the same or better rates, blah, blah, blah.." Sorry, needed to vent after being many new vehicles over the years and see all the tricks, games, and tactics played out like a broken record.

My last new car purchase was 4 years ago. The sales process took 11 minutes and that involved me getting up to walk out the door. Car?> price? > decision? > plan processing next steps. Part of my process is that if you try to sell me an penny more than what I requested and we agreed to, I walk out and never return.

I think they need a process / place for old salts like me that want to cut out the noise and reduce the overhead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
People on Rav4 World state that you can take the $900 Toyota Financial rebate and either pay off the loan or refinance immediately.

I cant comment if this is a good price but have you checked True Car, a credit union fleet sales, Costco, AAA, Ect?

What are the "Fees" for?

Are you purchasing in a state without sales tax?
Thanks. Good question on True Car. Will check but have used in the past for other buys and has always been more. I also don't like the information sharing / my phone number. Too many calls. My method is to find what we are looking for, go to automaker site / learn of the inventory / location, and then get internet prices from 5+ dealers within 100 miles. I'll then take the top prices and call to learn of their fees and other discounts. Pick the color my wife wants then visit the dealership with a plan along with other information (how many cars they have on the lot, current rate of sales, etc). This time I made the mistake of going in without a complete pricing review as I wanted my wife to try a used 2016 Rav4 against a new one. She likes the new one and will not consider the used.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Good price?

$24,527 drive out is the lowest price I've seen for rav4h. i paid $27500 drive out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At least for

Good price?

I hate the song and dance too and don’t want me information out there. Setting up a specific a free gmail/ google voice account was great for making sure my primary accounts weren’t besieged by the nonsense 24/7.

·
Registered
50 Posts
$24,527 drive out is the lowest price I've seen for rav4h. i paid $27500 drive out.
Lowest I have seen so far as well. It would be interesting to know whether the car has blind spot monitoring or not? Either way it is definitely the lowest I've seen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lowest I have seen so far as well. It would be interesting to know whether the car has blind spot monitoring or not? Either way it is definitely the lowest I've seen.
I mean his drive out price included a college rebate which I'll say majority of people aren't qualified for, not to mention no on sales tax as well.

As for the price of the car itself, $25,012 without $900 TFS, that's actually a pretty strong deal.

My family just bought a 2019 LE Hybrid with BSM/Tonneau for $25,500 (includes 3 piece Toyota slush mats thrown in) with TFS cash. Original MSRP was $30,048.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I mean his drive out price included a college rebate which I'll say majority of people aren't qualified for, not to mention no on sales tax as well.

As for the price of the car itself, $25,012 without $900 TFS, that's actually a pretty strong deal.

My family just bought a 2019 LE Hybrid with BSM/Tonneau for $25,500 (includes 3 piece Toyota slush mats thrown in) with TFS cash. Original MSRP was $30,048.
Yea I wasn't comparing the drive out price anyway since everybody's taxes and tags are different. I got an LE with Blindspot/Carpets/Tonneau and the Cross Bars thrown in for $26080 with the toyota financial rebate a month ago. His price is still about $700-800 cheaper (depending on what you value the cross bars at) if you add the college rebate back in but subtract the finance one out. If I held out any longer I wasn't getting the color I wanted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the Bay Area and bought a Silver Grey 2019 XSE with Entune 3.0, Panoramic sunroof, floor mats, Technology, and Weather package. Paid $36,988 not including taxes and fees. It's my wife's DD. I've been looking to get one since May but the dealer wanted me to pay over MSRP, which I was unwilling to do. Dealers were more willing to negotiate in November and ended up getting over 1k below MSRP. I'm very happy with our purchase.

541 - 557 of 557 Posts