Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hopefully they will update for 2020. keep an eye on the toyota website for incentives too. my plan is to hit them up at the end of the month black friday and end of dec... they have to meet their end of month quotas/goals and end of year quotas and goals. they will be more willing to give you your price.
That's Exactly How You Do It; at the end of the month!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dogtown, All... I'm the proud owner of a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited via Jim Coleman Toyota, Bethesda MD... I will place a link to a brief video/Vlog I made titled, "Hit A Freakin' Deer @ 65-MPH; This Is What Happens." But first, a question for anyone; did any of you sign up for Remote Start via Toyota App? I downloaded it but it there is an annual fee after the year-long trial. Does anyone know how much? Shouldn't be a fee period just to remote start your car...Not Feeling That At All.

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
988 Posts
There are an amazing number of time limited trials associated with the modern Toyotas. I decided I didn't want any of the two features that were 6 month trial time limited even if they were free so didn't renew when they sent me their "offer" at 4 months. Sirus only gets better the longer you have been away too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Year: 2020 Rav4 Hybrid Blueprint
Trim: XSE
Options Premium Audio,Dynamic Navigation W/ JBL -Mud Guards,Premium Carpet Mat Set
MSRP: $37,504
$36000 OTD Price
City and State Where You Purchased: Lafayette, LA

·
Registered
99 Posts
Carquotes has 2020 pricing but doesn't show invoice but rather a target price. Their target price for my car was $2k higher than I paid a year ago for my 2019 when they were really hard to get.
CarQuotes shows invoice on the summery tab.
2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD
MSRP
$26,970
Invoice
$25,773
Target
$26,152

I like CarQuotes better than https://www.truecar.com/prices-new/toyota/ for invoice data. They hide invoice data even better at true car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dogtown, All... I'm the proud owner of a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited via Jim Coleman Toyota, Bethesda MD... I will place a link to a brief video/Vlog I made titled, "Hit A Freakin' Deer @ 65-MPH; This Is What Happens." But first, a question for anyone; did any of you sign up for Remote Start via Toyota App? I downloaded it but it there is an annual fee after the year-long trial. Does anyone know how much? Shouldn't be a fee period just to remote start your car...Not Feeling That At All.
It’s $80 per year or $8 dollars per month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Model:
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XSE

Color:
Magnetic Gray Metallic / Midnight Black Metallic

Packages:
XSE Technology Package
XSE Cold Weather Package
Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL
Dual Pano Moonroof

Accessories:
Carpet Mat Package
Roof Rack Cross Bars
First Aid Kit

MSRP: $38,619 ($34,050 Base + $3,449 Options + $1,120 Destination)
Invoice: $36,047 ($32,009 Base + $2,918 Options + $1,120 Destination)
Sales Price: $36,777 ($35,657 Base w/ Options + $1,120 Destination)
Tax: $3,199.60 (8.7% - WA resident)
OTD: $39,976.60 (excluding title/registration fees)

City/State: Portland, OR

Not an exceptional deal, but it was reasonable enough for me. This particular configuration (especially with the pano roof) didn't seem very easy to get in the Pacific Northwest at least. The dealerships I emailed weren't very willing to negotiate on the price considering that the XSE models are being snapped up before they even hit the lots. I ended up going through the Costco auto program since it knocked $1,842 off the MSRP. Most dealerships I emailed back and forth with were only willing to go to about $800-$1,200 off MSRP, and even then there was some pretty stiff resistance given the scarcity of the model. I spent 15 minutes between the time I submitted the Costco request to the time I was on the phone speaking with the dealership and reserving the car that was in transit from Japan. I will have it in about 3 weeks. In that sense, I felt like the discount amount was a reasonable trade-off for not having to spend a lot of time bartering with numerous dealerships like I normally would.

If you've got time, energy, and are willing to wait for the right XSE configuration though, I think you can probably negotiate a better deal without too much trouble. Inventory constraints do seem to be easing up a bit, so you can probably get some good deals if you're flexible on the XSE configuration you want.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We purchased two 2019 hybrids this month so we got decent deals

Year: 2019
Trim Limited Hybrid
AWD
MSRP: 39,677
Discount: 4,177
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 35,500 (includes 900 end of year dealer rebate)
Doc Fee: 150
City and State Where You Purchased: Conroe, TX

Trim XSE Hybrid
AWD
MSRP: 37,318
Discount: 3,518
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 33,800 (includes 900 end of year dealer rebate)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We purchased two 2019 hybrids this month so we got decent deals

Trim Limited Hybrid
AWD
MSRP: 39,677
Discount: 4,177
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 35,500 (includes 900 end of year dealer rebate)

Trim XSE Hybrid
AWD
MSRP: 37,318
Discount: 3,518
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): 33,800 (includes 900 end of year dealer rebate)
good price... what dealer did you go to? I live in Houston and were they willing to deal on the 2020 models?

·
Registered
97 Posts
good price... what dealer did you go to? I live in Houston and were they willing to deal on the 2020 models?
I went to Gullo Toyota - ask for Adrian Rosu
Toyota World ask for Steve Soodi

If have Costco membership it will get to close to invoice for their fleet pricing, that was my starting point to go down from...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I went to Gullo Toyota - ask for Adrian Rosu
Toyota World ask for Steve Soodi

If have Costco membership it will get to close to invoice for their fleet pricing, that was my starting point to go down from...
thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shopping for XSE. None of the dealers in Chicago area are willing do discount any $$. :mad:
Had to chance to drive wifes and mine for two weeks. I definitely like the stiffness and the sport look is nice. But there are a few options i noticed on the limited that XSE is lacking. I think if you can find a 2019 go balls out and haggle to get it bought...2020s i feel dealers can name the price as they are on back order

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had to chance to drive wifes and mine for two weeks. I definitely like the stiffness and the sport look is nice. But there are a few options i noticed on the limited that XSE is lacking. I think if you can find a 2019 go balls out and haggle to get it bought...2020s i feel dealers can name the price as they are on back order
I spoke on the phone with one of the sales people and they tell me they are not even discounting 2019 XSE. I used Costco option but that did not help. I want Blue 2020XSE with no packages. Very hard to find one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I scoured the dealers within an hour or so of the Bay area. The best I was able to come up with after about two weeks was $1900 off MSRP for a 2020 (either XSE or limited fully loaded). We bought a 2019 when they first came out as well and I was able to get $3000 off MSRP through Costco / haggling but Toyota was running the $1000 manufacturers rebate so the cost/profit is about the same for the dealer in the end. The general offer was $500 off MSRP, a few dealers were able to do $1000, and 2 agreed to the $1900. Could probably eek out a bit more or a few extra accessories but that seems to be about the hard limit right now around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I scoured the dealers within an hour or so of the Bay area. The best I was able to come up with after about two weeks was $1900 off MSRP for a 2020 (either XSE or limited fully loaded). We bought a 2019 when they first came out as well and I was able to get $3000 off MSRP through Costco / haggling but Toyota was running the $1000 manufacturers rebate so the cost/profit is about the same for the dealer in the end. The general offer was $500 off MSRP, a few dealers were able to do $1000, and 2 agreed to the $1900. Could probably eek out a bit more or a few extra accessories but that seems to be about the hard limit right now around here.
when was the rebate? does toyota typically run a rebate at the end of year?

·
Registered
97 Posts
we were offered $900 rebates after haggling the sales price as we purchased 2019s. I don't think 2020 had rebates when we were there. But I did see a toyotathon commercial today so there may be incentives.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2019 has pretty much had a rebate on it since it went on sale in March ($750-$1000) this is the first time I have looked and not seen one. Specifically we bought ours in April. There was the $900 rebate on the 2019s a week or two ago but it looks like they took it down, I think this varies by market as well though so may still be valid where you are.
check here:

Remember these rebates are free money to towards the car, if a dealership is saying they will only do MSRP they are pocketing the rebate as well.

There are no rebates for the 2020s but I would expect them to start some early next year once the 2019 inventory is depleted and the CRV hybrid brings some real competition. No idea if Toyota usually runs end of the year rebates...

21 - 40 of 620 Posts