Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

581 - 600 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know yet, but I imagine they aren't the most popular vehicle right now with cheap gas. Think I saw somewhere (Consumer Reports?) that dealers are offering the largest incentives on the Prius Prime. Maryland is one of these ZEV states, so they have a good number of them.
Nice, I had to drive 3 hours to even find a good deal on my RAV4 XLE hybrid last month. No dealers were budging around my area at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bought my car on Friday after spending about a week texting 4-5 dealers and bidding them against each other. I think my vehicle price was pretty good. What do you guys think?

Year: 2020
Trim: Hybrid XSE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Color: Blizzard Pearl with Black Roof
Options:
  • Weather package
  • XSE Tech package
  • Premium Audio, with Nav and JBL
  • Pano Roof
  • Roof Rack Cross Bars
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Mudguards
  • All Weather Liners
  • Blackout Emblem Overlays
  • Special Color (Blizzard Pearl)
MSRP: $39,937
Invoice Price (if known): $38,061
Sales Price (excluding doc fee, tax, title, license): $37,250 w/ 0% for 60 months
Sales Taxes: $3,762.5 (10.1%)
Fees: $150 Doc Fee, $196 Additional Tax, $520 License
Others: $2,000 for 10-year, 125K Zurich Comprehensive Package Service Contract
OTD: $43,878.25
State: WA

Did get sold on the comprehensive Zurich service plan, but negotiated that down to $2,000 (cost to dealer is $1900 according to the finance manager). Figured $33.33/month was worth the peace of mind in case any of the many, many electrical, sensing or other systems break or malfunction, I am covered. Plus I have 29 more days to cancel for a full refund if I change my mind. Anyone else have thoughts on the Zurich Comprehensive?
Return that Zurich ....buy from Jane doe. Just say NOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
19 Posts
How does this deal look guys? Dealer invoice attached.

Custom ordered RAV4 Hybrid XSE. We go to pick it up Wednesday next week. They are removing the roof rack cross bars so that'll drop the price another $257.

MSRP: $39,915
Sales Price: $36,491 (including $1000 off toyota incentive)
OTD price with EVERYTHING should be $39,801

I ordered this car for my wife pre-Covid 19 craziness, so it's been a while waiting for it! They built it in one day last Friday and it was delivered for pickup today. My wife left for vacation yesterday (girls trip) so we are going to get it on Wednesday once she gets back home next week. This dealer is 1.5 hours away but they are the ONLY dealer who wasn't charging full sticker price within 100 miles I could find.

Let me know what y'all think about the price please!

@ake_n_bake I would love your expert opinion on this :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Custom ordered RAV4 Hybrid XSE. We go to pick it up Wednesday next week. They are removing the roof rack cross bars so that'll drop the price another $257.

I ordered this car for my wife pre-Covid 19 craziness, so it's been a while waiting for it! They built it in one day last Friday and it was delivered for pickup today. My wife left for vacation yesterday (girls trip) so we are going to get it on Wednesday once she gets back home next week. This dealer is 1.5 hours away but they are the ONLY dealer who wasn't charging full sticker price within 100 miles I could find.

Hey! Can I ask who your salesperson was? I'm looking into this same order but different color.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have to go for ALV route, questions:
  1. Any news / rumor on 0% finance, current one set to expire on 07/06?
  2. The availability date keeps on getting pushed, is Toyota having Production issues?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased an XSE hybrid on Friday 6/26 and when I started negotiating my dealer really anchored on the "limited supply due to production issues" message as a means to hold the price up.

That did not stop me from negotiating MSRP down to $35.7K (original quote was $36.6K - see my previous post if you want more details) and negotiating my trade in value up. The dealer didn't mention anything around financing deadlines being possible extended.

One thing I noticed (the salesman left a delivery order out on the desk) was that there were several more Limited hybrids being delivered to the dealer in mid-July. There may be some truth to limited stock currently but in my experience Toyota was very willing to negotiate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased an XSE hybrid on Friday 6/26 and when I started negotiating my dealer really anchored on the "limited supply due to production issues" message as a means to hold the price up.

That did not stop me from negotiating MSRP down to $35.7K (original quote was $36.6K - see my previous post if you want more details) and negotiating my trade in value up. The dealer didn't mention anything around financing deadlines being possible extended.

One thing I noticed (the salesman left a delivery order out on the desk) was that there were several more Limited hybrids being delivered to the dealer in mid-July. There may be some truth to limited stock currently but in my experience Toyota was very willing to negotiate.
You are so right!! Dealers with 100+ days unsold base Limited saying MSRP only. They have deep pockets and hoping to recoup COVID losses. They are not aware a tsunami called Tesla/Rav Prime/Slowdown is coming. Honeymoon is over!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to negotiate OTD price on the XLE hybrid for 29k at the end of the month every month.. someone will bite. with gas so low I bet you hybrids are not doing that great either... and unemployment at 15-20% just a matter of time.
How did this go?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, regarding my post above.. I noticed the dealer invoice for our custom ordered car has a extra fee of $700 called "TDA". Google says it stands for Toyota Dealer Advertising. Is this something I should have to pay? Is it negotiable? We literally custom ordered this car and it was just delivered last Friday. We go to pick it up Wednesday and I haven't signed anything yet.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best I could do in Bay Area, California:

Year: 2020 Rav4 Hybrid
Trim: XLE
Color: White exterior, black interior
Options:
XLE Cold Weather Package
XLE Convenience Package
All Weather Floor Liners
MSRP: $ 33,224 ($29,645 starting MSRP + $2,190 both packages + 269 liners + 1,120 delivery fee)
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $31509.74
State Tax: $2,922.51
Doc Fees: $85
State DMV Fee: $474
State Tire Fee: $8.75
OTD $35,000 Flat
Took advantage of 0% financing for 5 years and 90 days defer payment

Taxes and fees in California kills!! :'(

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Minneapolis/St. Paul:

Year: 2020 Rav4 Hybrid
Trim: XSE
Color: Silver exterior, black interior
Options:
Cold Weather Package
Tech Package
Premium Audio
All Weather Floor Liners and Cargo Tray
Blackout Emblem Overlays
Mudguard
Spider Cargo Net
MSRP: $ 38,687
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,768

·
Registered
14 Posts

This is a pretty good price to start with. I think the factory installed accessories can come down by $2-300 and you should not pay the TDA. TDA is basically Toyota saying, “Can you give us $700 for nothing? Awesome! Thanks!” Advertising is part of doing business as a company and it should be factored into Toyota’s P&L but not passed onto customers directly. That’s just fishing for extra money.

Also, the dealer cost for the car without packages or extras should be $32,448 but this figure already includes the destination fee (dealer cost = invoice - holdback + destination) per this site . So, that should knock off another $1120. I think if you get the sell price down to 36,100 or somewhere close, you have a really great deal.

With that said, try to base your negotiations off your Out the Door Price, not sales price. So figure out what that would be after taxes, license and registration are added to the $36,100 figure.

If they charge a documentation fee, push back. If they say it can’t be removed push to have the sales price of the car reduced by the same amount rather than having the line item removed from the final receipt.

Like others have said, if you want a warranty, check in with our friend Jane Doe for the best price, don’t buy it at the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a pretty good price to start with. I think the factory installed accessories can come down by $2-300 and you should not pay the TDA. TDA is basically Toyota saying, “Can you give us $700 for nothing? Awesome! Thanks!” Advertising is part of doing business as a company and it should be factored into Toyota’s P&L but not passed onto customers directly. That’s just fishing for extra money.

Also, the dealer cost for the car without packages or extras should be $32,448 but this figure already includes the destination fee (dealer cost = invoice - holdback + destination) per this site . So, that should knock off another $1120. I think if you get the sell price down to 36,100 or somewhere close, you have a really great deal.

With that said, try to base your negotiations off your Out the Door Price, not sales price. So figure out what that would be after taxes, license and registration are added to the $36,100 figure.

If they charge a documentation fee, push back. If they say it can’t be removed push to have the sales price of the car reduced by the same amount rather than having the line item removed from the final receipt.

Like others have said, if you want a warranty, check in with our friend Jane Doe for the best price, don’t buy it at the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Thanks bud. I did a bunch of Googling today and everything I read said the TDA wasn’t negotiable and it’s a cost the dealer has to pay to Toyota and dealer makes no profit on it. Is that true? The only way to even see it as a line item is to see the actual dealer invoice, as it isn’t shown on any other paperwork.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those wondering what can and cannot be negotiated, checkout this youtube video:

This guy was a salesman for 40 years for Acura and Mini Cooper and he and his son break things down very well.

581 - 600 of 623 Posts