Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

641 - 660 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are you saying we should expect dealers to budge and inventory to plentiful in September? I really want a RAV4 hybrid and really can't find the one I specifically want due to limited stock.
If Covid goes away and production returns to near normal...you bet ! Remember the demand side , as in we, only 5% of the population can think of buying a new car due to various reasons. The slowdown in supply is creating the floor for the dealership to rest on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
hey guys wanted to share my car buying experience.. wound up getting an XLE Hybrid for 30875 OTD about a month ago.

here was my approach.

1. emailed dealers via contact form with canned offer of 30k OTD at the end of the month
after a couple months realized you are much more likely to get a deal from high volume dealers. if a dealer only has a few there is NO way you're getting a discount in my experience.

2. go on carguru and search for your car and look for who has the most inventory.

3. emailed my same canned OTD offer this time focusing on the high volume dealers. found dealers in the Maryland area that were sitting on literally hundreds of Hybrid XLEs in stock. those were the ones that played ball with me.

I know things have changed a lot since then but hopefully this helps you guys when there is more inventory.. and I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a cash for clunkers or something similar early next year to get sales going again. Patience and the correct approach is key.

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
54 Posts
Year: 2020 Rav4 Hybrid
Trim: Limited
Options:
Limited Grade Advanced Technology Package
Limited Grade Weather Package
LED Fog lamps
Door Sill protectors
Panoramic Moon roof
Roof Rack crossbars
Mudguards
All weather floor mats
Carpet floor mats
Ruby Flare Pearl paint
MSRP: $41,678 (MSRP $36,880 + $1120 doc + 3678 Options)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license):
$41,192

I plan to keep it until I get my hands on a RAV4 Prime XSE, or whatever new spiffy ride comes out in a few years.
Location?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Covid goes away and production returns to near normal...you bet ! Remember the demand side , as in we, only 5% of the population can think of buying a new car due to various reasons. The slowdown in supply is creating the floor for the dealership to rest on.
I am really looking forward to production returning to normal.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE - Blue Flame/Black
2 Posts
Do you have the name/contact for the person you worked with at silver spring darcars? PM me? Thanks!
Got stuck with someone who refuses to work on the numbers.

I did the Costco price online and I negotiate at the dealership as well. They drop the costco deal and quoted me OTD for 32,600. I try to negotiating again, but they did not budge and I walked out. Next day, I texted a different sales person ( original person i wanted to work with, but could not because I came thru the internet sales and got assigned a different sales agent) the price I wanted and he helped me pushed it again to my original sales agent & manager. They said 31,700, I stood firm and said 31,500 or Lower for me to come thru the door.

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
1,035 Posts
Do you have the name/contact for the person you worked with at silver spring darcars? PM me? Thanks!
Got stuck with someone who refuses to work on the numbers.
If in MD, try hollon_payne @carmax.com in Laurel. Just email him as he does a lot over the net. I never saw or spoke to him before I picked up my ordered car. No surprises.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you saying we should expect dealers to budge and inventory to plentiful in September? I really want a RAV4 hybrid and really can't find the one I specifically want due to limited stock.
When my rep delivered my car from LA, he told me that I was lucky I got the XSE while they still had it, along with the 0%apr, as they were not going to receive any XSE until at least late Sept.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey All,

Can you please let me know if the below deal is good? I'm in So Cal, so as some of you know it's been difficult to get a good price. I would finance through my credit union, so utilizing the $1K TMS credit.

Year: 2020
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Color: Lunar Rock / Black interior
Options: Roof Rack Cross Bars - $315, Door Edge Guards $140, Blackout Emblems $129, Spider Cargo Net $59
MSRP: $30,677
Sales Price: $29,632.12
Taxes + fees: $2,823 + $544
TMS Credit: -$1,000
OTD: $32,000

Feedback would be appreciated!
I haven't seen hybrid xle OTD below 33k so far. So I would say its a good deal. Mind sharing which dealer?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looking at an XSE. MSRP is $37,900ish (don’t have it in front of me. They added about $1000 worth of crap to it. Discounted it to $38k and then subtracted the $1k rebate after that. Man do I hate dealer addons but no dealer around us will negotiate them out.

We are rolling some negative equity from our trade which is a GMC with a really annoying electrical problem that they refuse to fix. Since this is my wife’s vehicle that will eventually be one of the kids vehicles we want this to last a long time with minimal problems.

I wanted a 4Runner but as usual I lost that argument.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trim: XSE (Magnetic Gray / Black Interior)
Options:
XSE Technology Package
XSE Weather Package
Premium Audio Package
Panoramic Moonroof
All Weather Liner Package
Carpet Mat Package

MSRP: $39,093 (MSRP $34,300 + $1120 doc + $3673 Options)
$37,216

I purchased a 2020 Highlander Hybrid from the same dealer a few months ago, so after going back and forth for a few days, I got them to go invoice + $100 (according to their Sales Manager) :)

Still in transit, should be arriving late next week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Trim: XSE (Magnetic Gray / Black Interior)
Options:
XSE Technology Package
XSE Weather Package
Premium Audio Package
Panoramic Moonroof
All Weather Liner Package
Carpet Mat Package

MSRP: $39,093 (MSRP $34,300 + $1120 doc + $3673 Options)
$37,216

I purchased a 2020 Highlander Hybrid from the same dealer a few months ago, so after going back and forth for a few days, I got them to go invoice + $100 (according to their Sales Manager) :)

Still in transit, should be arriving late next week.
Good job on the price! I couldn't get much off of the MSRP on ours, and of course those annoying dealer adds that they refused to remove. All of the Toyota dealers around us do it though. I really wish Toyota would crack down on that.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE - Blue Flame/Black
2 Posts
Got my XLE end of last month. Cars started disappearing off lot and the color/package options were limited. Almost gave up with Rav4 Prime's rolling into MD right now. My experience is the dealers did not want to work the last $1k until the end of the month. Don't forget to check Carvana if trading in, the dealers were over $2k below Carvana offer for my Corolla.

Year: 2020
Trim: XLE Hybrid
Color: Blue Flame / Black
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options:
  • All Weather Liner ($269)
  • Mudguards ($129)
  • Door Edge Guards ($140)
MSRP: 31,303
Invoice Price (if known): N/A
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $27,100
Customer DPA Incentive: -$1,000

Fees & Taxes:
  • Dealers Processing Charge ($899)
  • Tax ($1120.46)
  • Fairfax County BS "business license tax" ($56) - This is not required to be passed on to the consumer. I could have fought this but the salesman drove the car to my house for me and I get lifetime free oil changes and state inspections...so let it slide.
  • Titles, Registration & Tags ($85.74)
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): Free lifetime oil changes and state inspections (this gives away where I bought it...)

City and State Where You Purchased: VA

OTD : $28,261.20

PM me for which dealers are willing to deal in DC Metro region. This month has an extra $500 off but it's slim picking out there now. The following dealers refused to negotiate fair prices, so save your time if you're looking for the best price, about $1-2k higher than what we see here on the forum for our region: Ourisman, Koons, Miller, Bill Page, Fitzgerald, CarMax

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 RAV4 XSE Hybrid

Midnight Pearl/ Black with Black/Blue interior

XSE Weather Package
Premium Audio
Roof rack cross bars
Body side molding
Carpet floor mats
Special paint color

MSRP: $38,633

+ Dealer add ons: Zaktek ultimate 3 year paint protection ($499) , protection package (door edge guards, door handle cup guards, nitrogen filled tires) ($499) , and a tint ($299).

OUT THE DOOR price: $39,000 (including 8.6% tax, title, registration, fees, etc).

641 - 660 of 662 Posts