Registered
21 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: Hybrid XSE in Magnetic Gray
FWD or AWD: Hybrid AWD
Options: Tech Package, Weather Package, Premium Audio, Panoramic Roof
MSRP: $38,694
Invoice Price (if known): Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33,813.42 (~14.4% off MSRP)
OTD: $37,000 [6% FL sales tax + $243 registration fee + $799 dealer fee]
City and State Where You Purchased: Florida

I also negotiated free weather mats.

Did I get a good deal?
That was hell of a deal. Congrats.

·
Registered
2020 XLE Hybrid Lunar Rock
7 Posts
Trim: XLE Hybrid in Lunar Roxk
Options: Frameless-Homelink Mirror, Mudgards, All-Weather-Liner Package, Blackout Emblem Overlays, Roof-Rack Cross Bars
MSRP: $31,883
Invoice Price (if known): 30,442.77
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $30,633 (MSRP-$1250 Cash Incentive)
OTD: $34,915.27 [$2477.52 CA sales tax + $85 Doc Fee + $30 MVSC + $207 Vehicle License Fee + $224 Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees]
City and State Where You Purchased: San Diego, CA (Escondido Toyota)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trim: XLE Hybrid in Lunar Rock
Options: All available packages + Roof-Rack Cross Bars, All Weather Mats, and Side Body Molding
MSRP: $34,793
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $31,223 ($1250 incentive + $750 military)
OTD: 31,223 + 500 processing + 50 plate transfer (transferring to SC and active duty military)
City and State Where You Purchased: Bethesda, MD (Jim ColemanToyota)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: XLE Hybrid in Lunar Rock
Options: Roof-Rack Cross Bars, All Weather Mats, and Side Body Molding
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $31,223 ($1250 incentive + $750 military)
OTD: 31,223 + 500 processing + 50 plate transfer (transferring to SC and active duty military)
City and State Where You Purchased: Bethesda, MD (Jim ColemanToyota)
That's one of the highest MSRPs I've seen for XLEh. Sure there wasn't more options (audio package?)? Or did they jack up the MSRP to make it seem like you got a better deal? 10% is nice but I hope you have all the options at $34.7k!

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE
7 Posts
Trim: XLE Hybrid White
Options: Cold weather package, Convenience Package, Audio Plus + Roof-Rack Cross Bars, All Weather Mats
Invoice Price (if known): $33,074
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $31,500 ($1000 incentive) They listed for $32,203 w/incentive.
OTD: 35,500 (8% AZ tax (Im an AZ resident), $800 Registration/Title, probably $1000 in other fees and BS. They put all my paperwork on a thumb drive, and my computer doesn't even have a slot for USBs.
City and State Where You Purchased: Albuquerque, NM (American Toyota)

Couldn't find cold weather package inside of AZ (good possibility I am moving back to CO in a few years). Probably could have saved a bit more, but being out of state, I felt like I had a good enough deal lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speaking to dealers in Souther/Central CA. What do y'all think?

Year: 2020 Rav4-gas lunar rock
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options:
XLE Convenience Package $1,265
XLE Weather Package $925
Blackout emblem overlays $129
All weather floor liners $269
Door sill protector $199
frameless homelink mirror $175
high performance LED fog lights $169
roof rack cross bars $315
Total of optional equipment:$ 3,466
MSRP: $33,266.00 (Base model 28,645 + $1,175 deliver + 3,466 Options)

To be added to Sales Price:
$2495.95 (CA 7.5% sales tax)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speaking to dealers in Souther/Central CA. What do y'all think?

Year: 2020 Rav4-gas lunar rock
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options:
XLE Convenience Package $1,265
XLE Weather Package $925
Blackout emblem overlays $129
All weather floor liners $269
Door sill protector $199
frameless homelink mirror $175
high performance LED fog lights $169
roof rack cross bars $315
Total of optional equipment:$ 3,466
MSRP: $33,266.00 (Base model 28,645 + $1,175 deliver + 3,466 Options)

To be added to Sales Price:
$2495.95 (CA 7.5% sales tax)
What is your sale price? That looks like MSRP.... so not great? SoCal is a hot area for car dealers, I would suggest trying TrueCar or Costco Auto Program for 1 dealer each to get an idea of pricing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XSE in Magnetic Gray
Options: Cold Weather Package, Advanced Technology Package, Premium Audio, Panoramic Moonroof, All Weather Floor Mats, Body Side Molding, Mudflaps, LED Fog Lights
MSRP: $39,331
Invoice Price (if known): unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $37,188
OTD: $39,626 [Sale Price + Tax + Tags + Doc Fee - $1250 rebate]
City and State Where You Purchased: Nashville, TN

·
Registered
739 Posts
Great deal, I paid about $35,5 for the exact same vehicle with same options but mine came with carpeted floor mats. Also my dealer does not charge a dealer fee.

That was hell of a deal. Congrats.
Trim: Hybrid XSE in Magnetic Gray
Options: Tech Package, Weather Package, Premium Audio, Panoramic Roof
MSRP: $38,694
Invoice Price (if known): Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $33,813.42 (~14.4% off MSRP)
OTD: $37,000 [6% FL sales tax + $243 registration fee + $799 dealer fee]
City and State Where You Purchased: Florida

I also negotiated free weather mats. So here’s a simple breakdown...

MSRP - $38,694
Discount - $4,880.58
Sale Price - $33,813.42
Taxes + Fees - $3,186.58
OTD - $37,000

Did I get a good deal?

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
207 Posts
Well After 2 weeks of grueling research and quote requests,

Trim: XLE Hybrid in Magnetic Gray Metallic
Options: no options
MSRP: $32.461
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $30388 (-$1000 Customer Cash)
OTD: 32,500 (Tax+Doc:579.00+DMV:399 ) less 1000 trade in. total 31,500
City and State Where You Purchased: Little false Toyota Universe

·
Registered
7 Posts
After one month of research and lots of dealer calls and e-mails. I just put down a downpayment on this deal. They'll have it for me next Saturday:

Trim: XLE Hybrid in Blueprint with Nutmeg interior
Options: All weather floor mats and trunk mat, roof rail crossbars, trailer hitch and lighting wiring
MSRP: $31,089 + 1301 for accessories = $32390
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $29412
OTD: $32,000 + $2000 for platinum warranty $0 deductible and 10 years/125k miles
City and State Where You Purchased: Ohio

·
Registered
1 Posts
although have read all the gas tank and battery problems in the forum, I still bought rav4 because it is the right size and has the right color we like. hopefully these problems won't happen .

Trim: XLE Hybrid
Options:weather package and all-weather floor lines. total $1194
MSRP: $32014
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $284xx?
OTD: 31240.41
City and State Where You Purchased: Kennewick , WA

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum but been a long time lurker. I’ve been emailing multiple dealerships in my area to find a good deal on an XSE and one sent me a quote for one. Want to know everyone opinions on the price and what is a reasonable deal you would pay for the car...

the city is San Jose, CA. All opinions appropriated

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the forum but been a long time lurker. I’ve been emailing multiple dealerships in my area to find a good deal on an XSE and one sent me a quote for one. Want to know everyone opinions on the price and what is a reasonable deal you would pay for the car...

the city is San Jose, CA. All opinions appropriated
Sounds like they're simply offering the car at MSRP. CA seems to be a different beast in that few dealerships seem willing to budge off MSRP, but a rough goal I've seen on here is to get 5-10% off MSRP (example: I got just over 9% off MSRP on my 2020 Limited Hybrid, but I'm in the midwest and bought in early June).

I plugged your options into the Costco Auto thing (what I used when I bought) and for a 2020 (didn't see the 2021s on there) it came back with an invoice price of around $37,600 (you can do this yourself - no logon needed, though you do need a Costco membership to get a real price quote from a dealership).

Personally, I think the CA dealerships standing firm on MSRP is a friggin' racket - you could buy further inland and do a road trip for less than that. Whether that's worth the extra hassle is obviously a personal call. That said, covid has screwed everything up, so that 5-10% below MSRP goal may not be achievable right now.

Regarding that quote specifically, it's basically a fully loaded XSE. You can get the roof rack cross bars online for half or a third that $395. They also have the carpet mats and all-weathers on there. The blackout emblems can be had for less.

If it were me, I'd keep looking. I used the Costco Auto program when I bought, and it worked well. There are other car buying services out there (AAA I think has one? just an example) - I'd hit up that route and see what you can do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like they're simply offering the car at MSRP. CA seems to be a different beast in that few dealerships seem willing to budge off MSRP, but a rough goal I've seen on here is to get 5-10% off MSRP (example: I got just over 9% off MSRP on my 2020 Limited Hybrid, but I'm in the midwest and bought in early June).

I plugged your options into the Costco Auto thing (what I used when I bought) and for a 2020 (didn't see the 2021s on there) it came back with an invoice price of around $37,600 (you can do this yourself - no logon needed, though you do need a Costco membership to get a real price quote from a dealership).

Personally, I think the CA dealerships standing firm on MSRP is a friggin' racket - you could buy further inland and do a road trip for less than that. Whether that's worth the extra hassle is obviously a personal call. That said, covid has screwed everything up, so that 5-10% below MSRP goal may not be achievable right now.

Regarding that quote specifically, it's basically a fully loaded XSE. You can get the roof rack cross bars online for half or a third that $395. They also have the carpet mats and all-weathers on there. The blackout emblems can be had for less.

If it were me, I'd keep looking. I used the Costco Auto program when I bought, and it worked well. There are other car buying services out there (AAA I think has one? just an example) - I'd hit up that route and see what you can do.
Yeah I figured about the cost and yes it would be possible worth driving to Reno to go a better deal. I’m going to use the Costco. One right now as well as USAA and see which gives me the best price

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, just bought a 2020 Hybrid LE.

Trim: LE Hybrid
Options:Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cargo Area Cover, All Weather Floor Liners and Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Door Edge Guard
MSRP: $30624
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $26945
OTD: 29720.30
City and State Where You Purchased: Malvern, PA (I live in NJ so NJ tax applied)

Maybe not a smoking deal but I feel I did ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just picked up my 2021 hybrid XLE Premium in the bay area - think it was one of the first batches. No discounts or negotiations other than $500 off MSRP. There was a line of people willing to buy the car if I didn't want it. Promo APR isn't valid on 2021 models, but I was able to get a decent rate (2.34%) through a credit union. The car has everything I wanted so I sprung for it knowing I could probably wait it out and get a better deal... took delivery on Saturday 9/26

Year: 2021
Trim: XLE Premium Hybrid in Lunar Rock, black softex interior
Options: Tech Pkg, All Weather Pkg, Audio Plus, Rubber Floor Mats, Security System
MSRP: $37,854 with options excluding security system ($995 msrp)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $37,354 + $560 for security system
OTD: $41,263 ($3,230 sales tax, $545 docs and fees)
City and State Where You Purchased: SF Bay Area, CA (Santa Rosa)

701 - 720 of 740 Posts