Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked this up on Saturday 9/26. Has much more options then I wanted but it just arrived on the lot that morning and I have been craving the RAV4 Hybrid since the redesign. Hopefully I did not do too bad.
Year: 2021
Trim: XLE Premium Hybrid in Magnetic Gray Metallic , black softex interior
FWD or AWD: Hybrid AWD
Options: Tech Pkg, All Weather Pkg, Audio Plus, Rubber Floor Mats, Roof Rack Cross Bars
MSRP: $38169 with options
Invoice Price (if known):
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $36,415
OTD: $40,000 ($3,241 sales tax, $150 doc fees and 194 Other taxes )
City and State Where You Purchased: Greater Seattle Area, WA (1 hour or so north)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used this forum when trying to figure out what price to pay for the 2020 XLE Hybrid that I was looking at, so I thought that I would contribute my pricing as well. I purchased on 9/28, and the add-ons included mudguards, all-weather liner package, and roof rack cross bars. I qualified for the $1250 rebate on hybrids and also the $500 recent college grad rebate, which are taken off the price after taxes and fees have been applied. I think we could have done a bit better, but since I'm not very experienced with car negotiations, I thought we did relatively well. We opted for the rebate vs. the 1.9% APR because we felt confident that we could get a pretty good rate otherwise. Overall, happy with the car and the purchase price.

Year: 2020
Trim: XLE Hybrid in Super White, light gray interior
Options: Mudguards, All-Weather Liner Package, Roof Rack Cross Bars
MSRP: $31,533
Invoice Price (if known): $30,161 (according to salesman)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $30,161
OTD: $30,976 ($30,161 + $250 doc fee + $2,280 sales tax + $35 title fee - $1750 in rebates )
City and State Where You Purchased: Central Ohio

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
207 Posts
So esentially base XLE with cold weather package + roof racks.

Nice. Same as mine sunce the crossbars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I’m a first time car buyer. I read through the hundreds of posts here before making my decision. Thank you all of you for your many contributions, tips and stories. When I went to the dealer, I thought I only wanted the most basic (no option) whatever cheapest color available. When it came down to, other than trim, the driving force became the exterior and interior color (apparently I had a strong preference)... and “perceived” value/discount.

Plz let me know your thoughts!!!

Trim: XLE Hybrid
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: weather package, convenience package, roof rack, and other things that allegedly adds value that I didn’t really care about
MSRP: $34,137
Invoice Price (if known): they showed something like $29k+. I didn’t get the exact number. Manager said he’s selling this at below invoice cuz he’ll make it up on other cars.
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $28,990
Doc Fee: $500
City and State Where You Purchased: near Baltimore, MD

Bro the doc fee is too high. It should be 50-85 dollars

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
207 Posts
Bro the doc fee is too high. It should be 50-85 dollars
It depends where you are. In NJ it can range from $300 to $600 dollars for example. I think MD is similar .

Some states regulate the ammount to be under $100.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,158 Posts
It depends where you are. In NJ it can range from $300 to $600 dollars for example. I think MD is similar .

Some states regulate the ammount to be under $100.
I have bought 2 cars in the last 10 years in Laurel MD and don't recall any obnoxious doc fee. I just looked, $99 was listed. Since my quote was bottom line, everything but tags included, it was noise.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
790 Posts
Man, count me blessed Canadian dealerships are nowhere near as shady. There are bad apples still, but at least if you want a bone stock car and an honest purchase you only have to drive 50 mins out of the city for that.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,158 Posts
Southeast and Southwest Toyota Regions (SET and SWT) are famous for those add-ons.

It is why I have traveled out of state twice in the last 10 years to buy a Toyota without a single dealer add-on or distributor add on and with a $99 processing fee. Oh, and a discount from MSRP too. No haggling, I email, they give a price, I agree. Haven't even talked to the salesman until I drive onto the lot with check in hand. 20 minutes later I'm driving home. My first Internet buy like this was in '99.

I'd rather fly, take the train or have my wife drop me off while she visits friends than get played yet I have a very cordial relationship with my local dealer who is 2 miles away.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
790 Posts
Southeast and Southwest Toyota Regions (SET and SWT) are famous for those add-ons.

It is why I have traveled out of state twice in the last 10 years to buy a Toyota without a single dealer add-on or distributor add on and with a $99 processing fee. Oh, and a discount from MSRP too. No haggling, I email, they give a price, I agree. Haven't even talked to the salesman until I drive onto the lot with check in hand. 20 minutes later I'm driving home. My first Internet buy like this was in '99.

I'd rather fly, take the train or have my wife drop me off while she visits friends than get played yet I have a very cordial relationship with my local dealer who is 2 miles away.
Lol, I actually considered flying from Toronto to Sault Ste. Marie last year to pick up an XLE hybrid. Doing the math it was actually cheaper to fly and drive it back, until I found a closer dealer with phantom stock at a better price.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Lol, I actually considered flying from Toronto to Sault Ste. Marie last year to pick up an XLE hybrid. Doing the math it was actually cheaper to fly and drive it back, until I found a closer dealer with phantom stock at a better price.
I saved up to $10 a mile.

My first experience buying this way was via a online forum ad from a startup. A investor group was trying to do what Costso does now, get a piece of every deal by making deals with every brand dealer to increase their sales. When I went in to the dealer and did the paperwork, I saw the $1,000 check the internet company had cut out of their startup funds to make the good deal happen. Car in short supply, a VW Jetta VR6 pocket rocket.

My second I knew what she wanted by local dealer test drive. '11 Avalon loaded. Not short supply. My local dealer wouldn't budge, part being the Southeast Toyota add-ons premiums and rules. I happened upon this Toyota dealer out of the area and emailed blindly asking for their internet sales guy. Deal was at least $3k better than local, took my check, hopped a train North, took the subway, sales guy picked me up and the deal was just as I expected. No suprises, no pressure. Drove part way back that night stopping around 2PM at a $49 a night motel. No problems with local service.

My 2019 was in the first few months of Rav4h production and so in very short supply. Local dealer wouldn't even respond to a proposed config or deal. I went via email to the same dealer. Produced out of allocation in two weeks, delivered to Laurel in another week. Except I persuaded my wife she needed to see some old friends in the area so she drove me up. That one was a $3,500 savings. She dropped me off, 20 minutes later I'm on the road and drove the 350 miles back home by midnight. The nannies made it so easy and I used the deserted stretches of the interstate to learn/practice the controls.

I've learned that CL makes it so easy to sell a decent car at a fair price that I sell all my old cars myself. I've never not had multiple offers within a day despite not being in a metro area and having to use CL listings in cities 50 miles away. Cash only.

So don't be afraid to look far and wide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would leave that dealer and never look at them again
I left that same dealer after seeing a similar mark-up that wasn't listed online and wasn't mentioned during my email conversation with their online sales department! After I left the dealer the sales rep called me and said they were willing to waive some of the bs add ons. Chose not to go back. Sucks because they know how hot of a car this is.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I'm in NC and getting tired of all the SET add ons. Which states did you buy from to avoid these? The dealer I bought from Is still putting pinstripes on all their cars.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm in NC and getting tired of all the SET add ons. Which states did you buy from to avoid these? The dealer I bought from Is still putting pinstripes on all their cars.
Hollon. You have a PM here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: Executive (Highest trim in my country)
Options: Full panaromic sunroof
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $48.766
City and State Where You Purchased: Prague, Czechia

·
Registered
82 Posts
That screenshot above is insane with all those add ons. 1200 for window tinting, that must be tinted with silver in it! LMAO

721 - 740 of 740 Posts