Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get my hands on a pre-release model of the Prinsu Design Studio Modular Roof Rack specifically made for our 5th Gen 2019-2020 Toyota Rav4s. The rack install itself was pretty easy--removing the Adventure/TRD Off-Road roof rails, however, took a few hours of tinkering. I created this video for anyone considering purchasing and installing the RNO.FIT Fabrication R4 Ladder and the Prinsu roof rack.

For more pics check out the build's Instagram page @blueyota4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the video! My R4 ladder comes in tomorrow. May have to pick up that Prinsu rack too! The Ladder+rack combo looks sweet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmmm, I’d find another way than removing the headliner.?
Unfortunately there isn't another option for the Adventure and TRD. I removed my rails today and they are through bolted to the roof. I believe all other models are bolted from the top which is also why the Adventure/TRD are rated at a higher capacity than other models. I really wish they just bolted from the top, but thats Toyota for yah..

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't another option for the Adventure and TRD. I removed my rails today and they are through bolted to the roof. I believe all other models are bolted from the top which is also why the Adventure/TRD are rated at a higher capacity than other models. I really wish they just bolted from the top, but thats Toyota for yah..
Then I’d find another way up to my roof rack. Those TAC side rails seemed to work for getting to the roof.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then I’d find another way up to my roof rack. Those TAC side rails seemed to work for getting to the roof.
The headliner has to be dropped to access the bolts holding the OEM roof rails on--so that the Prinsu rack can be installed. I don't think you are talking about the same job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any concerns with the extra weight of the R4 ladder and the longevity/reliability of the lift gate operators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any concerns with the extra weight of the R4 ladder and the longevity/reliability of the lift gate operators?

Not really--but time will tell ?‍♂. He tested it for months tho before selling them

·
Registered
108 Posts
R4 ladder looks sick. I knew in time a ladder would be developed.

I'm now wondering how to modify the install to prevent theft...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not really--but time will tell . He tested it for months tho before selling them
For the Prinsu Load Panel, which vehicle type works with the RAV4? Prinsu’s doesn’t list the new RAV4 when ordering. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the Prinsu Load Panel, which vehicle type works with the RAV4? Prinsu’s doesn’t list the new RAV4 when ordering. Thanks.

It’s the 47” one—pretty sure they’re all the same

1 - 20 of 181 Posts