Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium
54 Posts
Yeah, both rear plus nuts spun once I was installing the rack. The plan is when I go back to it I’ll remove the plus nuts and run a bolt/nut combo since I sagged the headliner to do the job anyway.
Cool, thanks for the info! Seems like the plus nuts are spinning on everybody. Not a good design in my opinion

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s a poor design but efficient I suppose. After talking with a buddy I may attempt to install Rivnuts at all install points in the future. This way I can guarantee a decent seal as well as proper bite.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody know what the deal is with the rear plusnut spinning? I saw it in Last Line Of Defenses video and am wondering if it's a common problem and maybe there's a solution to it.

Maybe reaming out the holes makes the holes slightly bigger than they should be. Perhaps going down 1/64" in size for the drill bit would help?
In my experience working on 747's the holes were probably either a little to large or a little oblong. It can be hard to drill a clean hole. The key skill for drilling a high tolerance whole is that once your drill bit cuts thru the metal you stop drilling. I like the idea of using nuts to attach the rack or ordering a plus nut that fits the native whole.

·
Registered
23 Posts
R4 ladder looks sick. I knew in time a ladder would be developed.

I'm now wondering how to modify the install to prevent theft...
I like the Idea of using nuts instead of the plus-nuts since the headliner has to already be removed. My only concern would be if you ever had to remove the rack it would require dropping the headliner again. Also making the roof watertight would a concern

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just ordered mine....10% off with code 10RAV4 on Prinsu's website.

rooftopoverland.com actually came out cheaper, even with the 10% off at Prinsu's website. Prinsu charges tax and shipping.. rooftopland.com is free shipping and no tax

·
Registered
15 Posts
rooftopoverland.com actually came out cheaper, even with the 10% off at Prinsu's website. Prinsu charges tax and shipping.. rooftopland.com is free shipping and no tax
Mine was cheaper through Prinsu as they don't charge tax in my state apparently.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was going to get it through rooftopoverland as well. I wonder if Prinsu/CBI will honor the warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was going to get it through rooftopoverland as well. I wonder if Prinsu/CBI will honor the warranty.
I would buy it from Prinsu. Their customer support is excellent. I rather have excellent support than to save few dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I was going to buy nuts and skip the plusnuts entirely...should I just buy nuts to fit the included bolts or do the bolts also need to be a different length?

101 - 113 of 113 Posts