Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard from Prinsu directly, you could have left the install, and just removed 1 or 2 of the crossbars that interfered with the tilted glass. This is what I plan to do on my XSE with dual pano roof.
I'm assuming when you say 'the rack would not fit', you mean you also had a dual pano roof, yes??

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XSE Blizzard Pearl
76 Posts
Anyone seen this? Couple days ago I was on YouTube and came across this video and seen that the prinsu rack has this kind molding the covers the gaps on the cross tracks.
Anyone know what these are called or where to get them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone seen this? Couple days ago I was on YouTube and came across this video and seen that the prinsu rack has this kind molding the covers the gaps on the cross tracks.
Anyone know what these are called or where to get them? View attachment 154476
Looks like these at McMaster

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anybody got a link to some lightbar options that fit in the prinsu cut-out?
I got these:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium
80 Posts
I got these:

How was the install?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you have a hybrid, does it mean the light bar have to connect to the power terminal in the back? or just fuse tap under the hood is good?

Im picking up a Prinsu rack soon and thinking about my options if i should go cut out or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
PROMO CODE "RAVRALLY10" for 10% OFF your Rav4 Prinsu rack ends tonight!

If you're like me who bought a gift card on Fathers Day with 10% OFF, its time to get that extra 10% on top!
Prinsu rack is expensive and I dont think you can get a better discount then this. I dont know how often the 10%OFF on gift card comes around but just a 10%OFF is better then none. GL!

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have a hybrid, does it mean the light bar have to connect to the power terminal in the back? or just fuse tap under the hood is good?

Im picking up a Prinsu rack soon and thinking about my options if i should go cut out or not.

Thanks
You can use the positive jump terminal in the engine bay.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a few questions hoping someone that has done the install can help me out.

Im mapping out a diagram to figure how my light bar wiring are going to go.
I have the Caliraised LED light bar that came with the wiring harness with a relay. Im planning to draw power directly from the battery in the back trunk by running a 14awg wire from terminal to the relay. I have heard that using a jump terminal in the engine bay is not suggested, so therefor im going to avoid using it. The wire harness does not look difficult at all.

So my question is.. Do I need to do any fuse tap to a fuse box? I have read/seen people fuse tapping from the on/off switch to a fuse box. What is the purpose to doing that?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
btw, what switch are you guys running? I want to get one that will fit the slot on the left side of my steering wheel that looks like a square button and not the typical long rectangle one. Anyone know where I can buy the square ones from?

·
Registered
64 Posts
btw, what switch are you guys running? I want to get one that will fit the slot on the left side of my steering wheel that looks like a square button and not the typical long rectangle one. Anyone know where I can buy the square ones from?
You looking for something like this?:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep, just like that. If anyone has a link to a US seller or ebay would be great. All my search comes back with the long rectangle ones for some reason. I cant seem to find them on ebay or any other websites

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a few questions hoping someone that has done the install can help me out.

Im mapping out a diagram to figure how my light bar wiring are going to go.
I have the Caliraised LED light bar that came with the wiring hardness with a relay. Im planning to draw power directly from the battery in the back trunk by running a 14awg wire from terminal to the relay. I have heard that using a jump terminal in the engine bay is not suggested, so therefor im going to avoid using it. The wire hardness does not look difficult at all.

So my question is.. Do I need to do any fuse tap to a fuse box? I have read/seen people fuse tapping from the on/off switch to a fuse box. What is the purpose to doing that?

Thanks in advance.
So the front terminal is connected to your battery in the rear so it’s always “hot”. A few hybrids have connected to the front terminals already even using a wireless controller like a trigger 4 or switch pro. I’m going with a trigger 4 since I don’t really need 8 channels.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep, just like that. If anyone has a link to a US seller or ebay would be great. All my search comes back with the long rectangle ones for some reason. I cant seem to find them on ebay or any other websites
If you’re looking for the OEM switches lmk. I have one for the ditch lights and one for the LED bar

·
Registered
76 Posts
If the front terminal is safe to use I rather use that and skip running line to the back. I’ll check the car tomorrow morning and see how I should do it.

PM you about the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard from Prinsu directly, you could have left the install, and just removed 1 or 2 of the crossbars that interfered with the tilted glass. This is what I plan to do on my XSE with dual pano roof.
I'm assuming when you say 'the rack would not fit', you mean you also had a dual pano roof, yes??
Just got a 2020 xse hybrid with pano roof, unaware of possible roof rack limitations. I am very curious about the results of this if anyone with the pano roof has installed the prinsu with success? Feel silly for getting the pano option, even though they had limited inventory anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good morning, Newb to this forum. Does anyone know the width and depth of the roof channel? Has anyone found an alternative roof drip molding that runs flush with the roof for a cleaner Prinsu install?
Thank you

121 - 140 of 181 Posts