Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium
80 Posts
Good morning, Newb to this forum. Does anyone know the width and depth of the roof channel? Has anyone found an alternative roof drip molding that runs flush with the roof for a cleaner Prinsu install?
Thank you
Part number: 755570R050
I've seen some people use this, apparently you have to buy 3 pieces then cut then to length

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the speedy reply. Do you know if anyone has posted pics of it on? I couldn't find much from Toyota, because they sit too high. I could cutout the mounting area, but I'd prefer something that runs flush. I was looking for a universal version, but need to know the channel dimensions to see if it would work.
Rather than cutting them into pieces, you could drill the holes for the spacers so it a cleaner look. But that's if it runs the full length.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats all the info I have right now. I just saw it from an instagram story post but I'll ask around

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard from Prinsu directly, you could have left the install, and just removed 1 or 2 of the crossbars that interfered with the tilted glass. This is what I plan to do on my XSE with dual pano roof.
I'm assuming when you say 'the rack would not fit', you mean you also had a dual pano roof, yes??
have you done this install yet? I would like to run the prinsu rack on pano roof. Would love to know how it turned out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't know if you have instagram but they have photos and videos on their story highlights. They also mentioned to start from the back moving toward the front when installing, not sure why

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to run the wires from an LED light bar on a prinsu rack down through one of the extra holes in the roof channel? Instead of running them down the space next to the windshield?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to run the wires from an LED light bar on a prinsu rack down through one of the extra holes in the roof channel? Instead of running them down the space next to the windshield?
No reason you couldn't do that as long as you can seal up the hole with the wire in it.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XSE Blizzard Pearl
76 Posts

I was thinking about doing that when I did my installed but it’s pretty clean running through the outside as well. Reason I didn’t do it is because.. 1) you will have to run the wires back into the engine bay anyways and 2) you will be running the wires through the A pillar airbags which I rather avoid.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone installed the prinsu rack with a caliraised lightbar?

IDK why my light bar is so close to the front plate. I’m using the Caliraised mounts. The way I have it right now can only be adjusted downwards because the plate is blocking it from rotating up. When I turn the lightbar on I feel like it’s aiming a bit low. If I take out the lightbar and then install it on top of the plate.. it aims too high. I want it position where it can’t be o right now. Did I install something wrong?

I seen/read lot of prinsu racks that are using the caliraised light bar is using the mount that came with their light bar.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinking about doing that when I did my installed but it’s pretty clean running through the outside as well. Reason I didn’t do it is because.. 1) you will have to run the wires back into the engine bay anyways and 2) you will be running the wires through the A pillar airbags which I rather avoid.
If the front terminal is safe to use I rather use that and skip running line to the back. I’ll check the car tomorrow morning and see how I should do it.

PM you about the switch.
Were you able to successfully hook up the wires to the front terminal? I have a hybrid as well and not sure which route to go for the light bar wiring.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found out that i used the wrong bracket on the prinsu rack for the light bar. I had two mounting bracket and I thought the smaller one was from Caliraised but I was wrong. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Were you able to successfully hook up the wires to the front terminal? I have a hybrid as well and not sure which route to go for the light bar wiring.

Yes, the front terminal did work. I didnt connect it to the jump terminal tho but another terminal inside the fuse box. I also ran the wires coming down from the passenger side because it was a lot easier to get the wires through the firewall for my on/off switch. Hope that helps. LMK if you have further questions.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Talking to Ken Gushi and Steve from RPM Garage. You can connect to the front terminal for the hybrids because it is directly connected to the rear battery.

·
Banned
5 Posts
DO NOT BUY A PRINSU RACK FOR YOUR 5TH GEN RAV4 !
I wish I'd seen this thread a month ago. Installation is a massive chore and leaves eight permanent holes in your roof. Plus It's e x t r e m e l y loud.
Toyota described the installation as "difficult," taking them almost 7-hours to remove the headliner and mount, though they only charged me for five (~$773 after tax). There are now eight permanent holes in my roof. When I asked Prinsu about why this was not disclosed in the instructions and plugs provided, they dismissed my concerns saying Butyl sealant and Gorrilla tape worked great on their test RAV4 - WTF?! They also forgot to include the PlusNut spacer (we just used three regular nuts).
In electric mode, on newer pavement, with no traffic, and all windows closed, sound measurements inside my 2021 RAV4 Prime were at 65 decibels at 40 mph and 74 decibels at 70 mph. A vacuum cleaner is about 70. Save your time and money, and buy a different rack.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed the Prinsu rack in front of my house by myself and I cant be more happier. It took me under an hour to get the roof liner off and with the help of the forum it made my install super easy. An hour and a half max for removing the top rails and cleaning the two channels. 7 hours? Toyota smoking crack. 🥴
But you are right about the extra holes that the rack didn't utilize ..Prinsu shoulda included the plugs but its not biggy.

I think the Prinsu rack is a nice add on to our cars !!

141 - 160 of 181 Posts