Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just talked with my dealership. They said it's $85 CAD/piece 😬 I found the person on instagram.
Man this is expensive but thanks for tracking down the part number. I am really tempted to go this route, I don't like the water sitting in these channels. With the silicone at the bolt holes, the water is blocked from flowing all the way down the channel so it is just going to sit there until it dries up or finds its way into the car. If I got this stuff I would probably put a bead of caulk down each side so that the water doesn't go in the channel at all.

But for > $200 to do the car...yikes

·
Registered
210 Posts
Man this is expensive but thanks for tracking down the part number. I am really tempted to go this route, I don't like the water sitting in these channels. With the silicone at the bolt holes, the water is blocked from flowing all the way down the channel so it is just going to sit there until it dries up or finds its way into the car. If I got this stuff I would probably put a bead of caulk down each side so that the water doesn't go in the channel at all.

But for > $200 to do the car...yikes
Mine flows down to either the front windshield or down the rear hatch. It never puddles in the channels. If you're worried just use a leaf blower when washing your car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine flows down to either the front windshield or down the rear hatch. It never puddles in the channels. If you're worried just use a leaf blower when washing your car.
I think my silicone application was a bit too thick for that...it covers most/all of that gap. Also in the winter the snow is going to be sitting there for some time...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Biggest thing for me is the design of the rack could of used the factory brackets and we wouldn’t need to fiddle with the silicone and the Plusnuts in the front and middle. Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Biggest thing for me is the design of the rack could of used the factory brackets and we wouldn’t need to fiddle with the silicone and the Plusnuts in the front and middle. Just my 2cents

I think that is what the Frontrunner does and it is not nearly as long. If you look at this pic it doesn't come close to the antenna fin whereas the Prinsu goes behind it. I appreciate that extra space. Plus the Frontrunner is so ugly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I understand the length, but I meant that Prinsu could of had the feet bend in earlier so it'll utilize the factory brackets on the front and middle, and only needing to make a bracket for the back. Also the factory hardware is a m8 vs the 1/4" bolts meaning we leave a lot of space in the washers/spacers for water to sit. Little things like that bug me. I could see the design/execution be better but of course the cost would go up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I understand the length, but I meant that Prinsu could of had the feet bend in earlier so it'll utilize the factory brackets on the front and middle, and only needing to make a bracket for the back. Also the factory hardware is a m8 vs the 1/4" bolts meaning we leave a lot of space in the washers/spacers for water to sit. Little things like that bug me. I could see the design/execution be better but of course the cost would go up.
I agree. The rack isn't perfect but I think it's the best thing out there for this car.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium
80 Posts
I looked up the part number for the item she used and noticed it's for the gen3 rav and isn't cheap($50+/piece). Do we know if there is a gen4 version or gen5 version that will work?
Yeah the price is what's stopping me from going for it. This is the only one that I'm aware of that fits. Haven't heard of anyone trying anything else

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just installed the OEM trim.

You should Install it before mounting the rack and right after putting the spacers down. I didn’t and it made it a lot more difficult to install but not impossible.

13” front, 26.5” middle and 16” rear. Needs 3 pcs for sure.

Sorry for the ashes but needed to plug the holes up due to the fires near me. Pressure fit and Double side tape on some sections.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just installed the OEM trim.

You should Install it before mounting the rack and right after putting the spacers down. I didn’t and it made it a lot more difficult to install but not impossible.

13” front, 26.5” middle and 16” rear. Needs 3 pcs for sure.

Sorry for the ashes but needed to plug the holes up due to the fires near me. Pressure fit and Double side tape on some sections.

Just to confirm, before I order a set of three, you ordered part no. 75557-0R010? Thanks for the tip on installing before mounting rack. My rack arrives Friday so now I know to wait until I get these pieces before putting rack on.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XSE Blizzard Pearl
76 Posts
Does this prevents water from getting into the channel? It seems like it still can and even worst you cant see if it puddles inside. Correct me if im wrong.

I been thinking to figure whats best to avoid water getting trapped. I talked to a fellow Rav4 owner and he mention he used Flex-Seal tape. What you guys think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does this prevents water from getting into the channel? It seems like it still can and even worst you cant see if it puddles inside. Correct me if im wrong.

I been thinking to figure whats best to avoid water getting trapped. I talked to a fellow Rav4 owner and he mention he used Flex-Seal tape. What you guys think?
With the OEM molding, my plan is to put a bead of silicone down each side of the molding where it meets the channel, as well as around the rack mounts themselves. Then, the channels are essentially sealed from any water getting in there. This probably won't last forever, but if I have to replace that silicone every couple of years I'm okay with that. I think some people are using the OEM molding to look good, and others are using it to seal the channels. If the latter, then I think you do need to add silicone.

I tried using Flex Seal tape but I couldn't get it to look clean enough for my liking. Also since there is nothing in the channel, it's hard for the tape to adhere to only the sides. I thought about giving it another go, but putting some 1" foam weatherstripping in the channel first. This would have given the tape something to stick to in the middle. The tape I was working with (Gorilla waterproof tape actually) was just hard to work with and I couldn't get the curves and everything right, especially with the rack already installed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also I can confirm that 75557-0R050 is the correct part number. You need 3, I dropped mine in last night. I bought some additional double stick tape to make sure it isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finished my install on Saturday. Took about 7 hours by myself, except when tightening down the bolts(had to have someone help ratchet them down while I held wrench above the headliner.

The most annoying part was removing the handles above each door. The rest of the headliner and pieces came out fairly easily.

I still have not reattached the A pillars as the clip inside is weird. Need to read up and watch some videos before I try to clip it back in. Not sure how to remove the clip from the car itself but I can see from the OP video how it gets reattached.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts