Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a Toyota rav4 2001 Model (1AZ-FE).

And i recently encountered a problem where my rav4.

-> While driving on a normal road the speed continues to maintain even after i release my leg from the gas pedal. the speed only reduces when i apply the brake.

-> but even after i apply the brake, it continues to pick up the speed by itself with out me doing any thing.

For Example: on a red signal , when i stop the car and try to move on green signal, my car picks up the speed by itself like in the order 5,10,15,25 30,35,40 kmph

This doesn't happen all the time, but happens atleast 3 to 4 times if i drive for about half an hour stretch.

Now, to fix the issue, we changed the ECU in my car since there has been a lot of talk that toyta Rav4 has this ECU problems, which sends wrong signals to the transmission.

But even after changing the ECU, the problem still remains the same,now the mechanic who is working on this issue adviced me to take it to a auto electrician since the problem has some thing to do with eletrical side of it and the mechanical side of the car looks ok to him.

can any one share any of their knowledge in this regards?

Thank You.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe there was a TSB out for this problem. You might want to call a dealer and find out if they're still honoring that TSB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts