Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem can you please help... I received my (GEN-K31) auto dimming mirror from Mito Corp and getting ready to hook up the wires and found them to be mixed up. In the directions it say the black/red wire hooks up to the ignition source and the white/black wire for the constant source but I don't have this wire all I have is the red/black and two black wires one with a red connector and the other with a ground connection. I tried installing it the way someone would think it should be installed but there ends up being no power to the unit... Does anyone know what the pin configuration is on the connector for the mirror and where it belongs I think its wrong there.... ANy help would be appreciated because my car is taken apart and Mito is closed today so no help is available...

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Basiclly I need to know where these wires go:
red/black Pin?
white/black Pin?
Black/Ground Pin?

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I manage to find the problem with a broken wire connection on the plug end. I stripped the wire and reconnected the pin on the wire to solve the issue... Thanks Again I appreciate everyone for looking... :wink:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a few comments on the installation of the GEN-K31 mirror with the AutoDim/ Compass/Temp/map Lights.

I decide to install the Temp sensor wire even though the car has one already. I paid for it why not install it...

V6 Model
The hardest part of the whole install was running the temp sensor to the front lower grill and attaching it on to the other temp sensor for the car. Running the wires through the grommet on the driver’s side which I choose for a shorter path was super super hard and I was glad I had a snake available to use or else trying to get your hand by the grommet was impossible and there was absolutely no room... I don't recommend this to anyone that's not mechanically inclined to run this wire..

Good News... After running the wire everything else was going great. I do recommend when prying the over head console off start from the rear. Take a flat head pry it down (Gently) in the middle just enough to get your finger tips underneath to pull down that should release the rear clips to get the fronts.

The only modification needed was to modify the wire cover.

Got the 2 power source wires connected to the sunroof where Johnny recommended. I did the ground differently I used the ten mil nut that was there to anchor the ground wire....

I though I share my experience.... :wink:

·
Registered
240 Posts
When you refer to the rear, are you talking about the side of the console that is rearmost (closest to the rear bumper) or rear from your viewing point while working on it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I'll be installing my own and between this thread and the Johnny's in interior I don't expect any problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mhgsx said:
When you refer to the rear, are you talking about the side of the console that is rearmost (closest to the rear bumper) or rear from your viewing point while working on it?
I meant the front bumper (Windshield) being the rear as I would sit in the driver seat looking at it. It was so much easier pulling down from the rear first.... Be extra careful with the flat head because the plastic is soft.

·
Registered
240 Posts
rav4less said:
mhgsx said:
I meant the front bumper (Windshield) being the rear as I would sit in the driver seat looking at it. It was so much easier pulling down from the rear first.... Be extra careful with the flat head because the plastic is soft.
TY. Installing the auto-dimming mirror is on my to-do list for the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts