Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Greek market, has been observed a most serious problem with the behavior of back suspension of new Rav. Concretely, at the passage above abnormalities of street, the back part of car shake it intensely.The local Toyota knows the problem, but until now does not exist no statement on solution of problem .

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe drive slower over bumps? European Rav4 has smaller wheelbase and if you have a lot of bumps after each other, it wont be nice. Suspension is quite firm, and firm suspensions wont work well if the tires loose contact with the surface.

I have the same car and our roads are pretty bad, you just have to ease it on gas on the worse parts...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not solution to drive carefully when the street has holes.
And if you can make this in the road, what it will be supposed you make off-road ?
Exists problem in the rear suspension, and it has been reported in Greek Forum that it has makes with the absence of Top Mounts in the rear suspension.
Do you have the same problem?

·
Registered
233 Posts
We have pretty bad roads here but I haven't noticed anything unusual about the behavior of our RAV4. Actually, everytime we are driving our backroads, my wife and I talk about the nice ride (compared to our sport suspension other cars).

And you can go over rough road faster, believe me.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the owners of Rav4 (first part February – April 2006) we listen a hard noise from backs of the car :x , after get of from holes on the road. Toyota Hellas knows the problem and waits the solution from Toyota Japan. :!: :!:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No such problem noticed here.

Is it just the Euro version?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rav40 said:
It is not solution to drive carefully when the street has holes.
And if you can make this in the road, what it will be supposed you make off-road ?
Exists problem in the rear suspension, and it has been reported in Greek Forum that it has makes with the absence of Top Mounts in the rear suspension.
Do you have the same problem?
i am pretty sure thats the soultion. Your Rav4 has sports suspension. When you go over many wholes one after another, you wont have enough contact with the road. It happens with all cars with sport suspensions.

You definetly dont go fast off road over the holes and bumps, it is a bit different experience. Rav4 goes great over unpaved roads, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have no such suspension issues with my feb06 Euro RAV4.

The other day I blew a rear tyre. Got on to the highway, heard a loud bang from one of the wheel arches. I just ignored it, figuring it must have been something I ran over. Didn't feel any vibrations. About 15 minutes later doing 130km/h in the left lane (80mph) I heard a zooming noise, followed by a bang. Looks like something large was stuck in the tyre and came out. Then the car started vibrating and it felt like the wheel would come off. Must have been because the tyre deflated within a split-second. Pulled over on to the hard shoulder on the right. Yep: totally flat. Got someone over to help me because, even though I had the spare out already and the car jacked up, the idea of getting flattened by a truck just didn't appeal to me.

Turns out I had a 8 cm slash across the tread in my tyre. Must have been a large piece of metal or something. After changing the tyre they also checked my tyre pressure which was way too high. That might have contributed to the problem a little (no pressure monitor). All is well now, except for the bill. Replacement tyre took a day.

Anyway: the car handles very well even if only three tyres are inflated. I had no issues pulling the car over at that speed. But it was kind of noisy. Next test: blowing a tyre at 185km/h !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts