Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with one of the remote key fobs on my Rav4.1. Ihave put numerous new batteries in it but it will not engage or disengage the central locking system on the doors. I have checked it with my spare and everything seems ok. The led light does come on and off when I depress the open and shut buttons on the fob. The spare one works OK thank goodness Ireally would appreciate some help and advice on this one.
Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just a thought.....dunno if it will work.....
Have you tried reprogramming the locking system as if the FOB was a new one......
It may have lost the (identifing code ?) of your FOB......

BTW heard the UK got lots of snow.....did you get it in the south......hows the RAV handling it..?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bluenoser. 1st answer to last question believe it or not weve not had any SNOW we are in the north of England and we escaped it. They seem to cop it all the way round us but not in little old Halifax. 2nd question. how do you reprograme the fob unit that you describe if you can let me know I,ll have a go.
Thanks
Clare

·
Registered
176 Posts
to program a remote for your RS3000 gor to the RAV4 FAQ at the top menu and go down to 3.2.12 can I add a remote to my RS3000
If you need more help I can send you a pdf file with the instructions

A

·
0 Posts
Hi Stelly.

Please can you help me. I can't see the Rav 4 FAQ. Could you send me the PDF. Thanks

Sarah

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe it or not I managed to sort it today. I was looking thru the Rav4.1 manual that goes with the car and low and behold thereit was staring me in the face. Basically what i had to do was press both buttons on the Fob at the same time for 3 seconds and it reset the Fob. Glad I read the old manual.
Clare

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that this is an ancient thread, but in case anyone's looking...

This method isn't working for me. I purchased a new fob on ebay, and the RS3000 manual in my car says to hold down the reset button on the side of the ECU. Problem is, I can't find the ECU.

I've tried unlocking the car, pulling the battery out of the fob, then holding the top button for 10 seconds, then locking. It seems to have worked for some people, but not me.

Any help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts