Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday had the oil changed by a local mechanic (Tuffy Auto service center) And ever since then ive been getting this weird shudder across the whole car. it only happens when your in a drive gear, and when your at a low idle (i.e. a stoplight). My normal idle is 500rpm, but when its held that low for a while it starts to act likes its about to stall, but then goes back up to 1000rpm and back to 500 and does it over and over again.

And when im driving around, it happens whenver I try to acellerate (passing a car, pullign away from a stop light, etc.) It doesent want to go, instead the RPMS bounce up and down for a while, then when you get to about 3k it runs like normal. And when your at a cruise speed, if you hold it in the 2500-3000 range, it shudders violently and doesnet really want to go any faster (but if you hold it for a while, it wil lstop shaking and accell like normal)

And today the check engine light came on on my way to work, took it back to tuffy. Told me it was a "blown spark plug" (is it possible to blow a spark plug? :roll: ) and said they replaced it, and that would solve the problem. But it hasent, and now its gotten worse. Any ideas on what it could be? Id look, but ive got no clue as to where to start looking on this one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The oil change and the shuttering may be mutually exclusive. Or it could be a vacuum line that was bumped off while your oil change service place was doing a 25 point check(or whatever number they use today) Are you tripping any codes. Check your plug wires too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts