Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Programming a new RAV4 key and transponder

Bought a new key, as only had the one with a transponder, the company cut the new key from a photo and sent me the unprogrammed unit withing a couple of days.

Car Keys Online - 2 Button Remote Key for Toyota RAV4 / Land Cruiser / Previa (Aftermarket)

Tried a couple of methods of programming, but this one worked.

Here are the brief instructions.

1. With all doors closed, insert the original key quickly into the lock five times, leaving it in on the last insertion.

2. Open and close the driver's door 6 times, then remove the original key and transponder and insert the key to be programmed.

3. The alarm light will be slowly blinking for a minute or so, when it stops, remove the new key as it is programmed.

4. Insert the original key and turn on and off the ignition, this closes out the process and both keys should now work. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
Sounds very similar to the procedure I used on a remote for my Odyssey but you have to follow it exactly. Several times I skipped one of the last steps.

Reactions: rooftop

·
Registered
1 Posts
programming 2006 Rav4

I have tried many times to program a new transponder key using the (5x ign key 6 door closes) using a master key and it will not go into the program mode. That is where the red light stays on indicating it is in the program mode. This technique is all over the net but won't work for me. Can anyone out there help please. Thanks Dan in Canada

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately that's the only method which worked for me, did try a couple of others without success.

·
Registered
2 Posts
programming 2006 Rav4

I have tried many times to program a new transponder key using the (5x ign key 6 door closes) using a master key and it will not go into the program mode. That is where the red light stays on indicating it is in the program mode. This technique is all over the net but won't work for me. Can anyone out there help please. Thanks Dan in Canada
I read in one of the postings about this issue that the security light does not always go out. in that case they said just continue.

·
Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
I read in one of the postings about this issue that the security light does not always go out. in that case they said just continue.
Thanks for joining and welcome but I doubt your comment will be of much help to Euagtonom435 who posted nearly a year & a half ago. It may help others tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts