Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I just lost my last key fob a couple of days ago when a little curly blonde dropped it in a 3" mud puddle...I found a used key fob like mine with the same FCC ID: ELVAT5G on ebay and decided to take a chance on it....mainly because my local Mr. T has quoted me $38.00 for the one key fob and another $38.00 to program it!!!! :twisted:

Is there anyone out there who can help me with the programming instructions for the TDS system that Toyota put in at least some of the 2001 RAVs?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi bngski...thanks for the TSB suggestion...I didn't even know what a TSB was....but I think I found the programming I need....I'll know as soon as my ebay key fob arrives...

Thanks again for the quick response and the info..

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I also lost one and purchased one on Ebay last year.

Our dealer wanted $110 for it and $ 40 programing (tax inc.)

I bought one on Ebay shipped to my door for $10 :lol:

It took me 2 tries to get it to work.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mionee67...is your key fob shaped like a boomerang with three buttons?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
aylakody said:
Hi mionee67...is your key fob shaped like a boomerang with three buttons?
I've got the boomerang shaped fob on my TDS system that was recently installed on my '05. I 'll look for my programming instructions.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My key fob FCC ID is ELVAT5G....I found some programming instructions, but am having a couple of problems...one...my car now arms itself everytime I close the doors and must be opened with the key fob disarm button or else!!!!

Secondly...there is a little green button on the end of my boomerang and it USED to turn the headlights on for 30 seconds...now it is doing nothing....so any help would be appreciated before I break down and go visit Mr. T.! :(

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Don't give up so soon. :D

Just remember that when you are programming the FOB the box in your car is sending the signal out to your new Remote (FOB).

Below are the steps that I took

Rav4 01 - 03
1. Start with the following conditions: You are in the driver's seat.
a. Key is out of the ignition
b. Driver door is open (all other doors closed)
c. Driver door is unlocked (other doors don't matter)
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition twice within 5 seconds.
3. Close and open the driver's door twice within 40 seconds.
4. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
5. Close and open the driver's door twice within 40 seconds.
6. Insert the key into the ignition.
7. Close the door
8. Turn the key in the ignition on and then off.
9. Remove the key from the ignition.
10. The power locks should automatically cycle once to indicate that you have successfully entered program mode.
11. Within 40 seconds of the entering program mode.
a. Press both transmitter lock and unlock buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY for duration of from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
b. Within 3 seconds, press the transmitter lock button for more than 1 second and release.
c. If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will automatically cycle once. If they cycle twice, the remote has not been accepted.
d. If multiple remotes are to be programmed, repeat steps A-C.
12. Open the driver's door.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I'm not quitting just yet....thanks for your programming instructions...I tried them at least 10 times....don't think they are the ones for my system...will keep looking and perhaps even purchase from one of the remote vendors before I go visit Mr. T.

Thanks again :p

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
10 times :shock: I hope you have a garage. I did it in the driveway and was waiting for a neighbor to ask if i was OK :lol:

On my second try I partially memorized the instructions and did everything one step at a time not thinking about the time itself.

Good luck, :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe someone can help me with this question. I looked at the TSB for programing my remote but it gives me options to use "ADD" "REWRITE" "CONFIRMATION" or "PROHIBITION" modes. What does this mean? I just want to program this new remote. Which one do I use? I have an older remote that doesnt work well because its cracked, do I have to reprogram this one too, after the new one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a new (used) TDS fob from ebay for my 02 Rav 4. I used the following directions to program it, no problem.

Verify LED button on left of dash is sticking out.
Insert key into ignition and turn to ON
Push LED button six times (on-off-on-ff-on-off)
Horn chirps
Press and hold red button, horn chirps
Push LED two times (on-off)
Horn chirps twice
Press and hold black button, horn chirps
Push LED button three times (on-off)
Horn chirps three times
Push LED button two times (on-off)
Horn chirps four times
Press and hold green button, horn chirps
Turn key off, horn chirps

The fob I purchased has 1 red button and 2 black, so I had to look up the remote to find out what color the actual buttons are supposed to be. The top is a big red button. The second from the top (red) is the black or lock button. The third down is supposed to be green but black on the remote I got.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually I purchased 2 fobs from a great company off ebay at a great price. You should check out their ebay store THEKEYFOBOUTLET or you can email them direct at [email protected]. They have been a great help in getting a second FOB i ordered to work. One fob I was able to program easily with the above instructions the other would not program. They are both the banana shaped fobs but the one that worked says "PRESTIGE" on the front and has the main button is green with 2 black buttons. It is part number APS95BT3 and works great. The other says TDS on the front and the main button is red with a black and a green button. THE KEY FOB OUTLET has a few different models of this fob in stock. In a effort to get a 2nd working fob and get some good info they will be sending me a few different ones I can test. I will return them and let them know what ones worked and they can mark them as test on the Rav with a TDS system. There are quite a few different models of this remote and it is very refreshing to find a company that is willing to work you their customer to make things right.

I will post more when I get a second fob working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Final update. I now have 2 working fobs. They were programmed very easily with the instructions above. THE KEY FOB OUTLET - [email protected] has at least 2 tested fobs in stock for the Rav 4. If you are in the market shoot them an email and mention this site and they will do you right.

Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts