Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever retrofit a set of Quad projectors?

Saw the eBay projectors and have seen the quality of the cutoff and beam pattern - they do not meet my level of expectation.

The newer ones out there recently do look better but I can't imagine that the projector and lens has improved for the price they are selling.

My idea is to pick up a extra set of headlights, bake and separate the housings, paint the bezel and trim to my liking, pop in a couple HID projectors with a nice LHD cutoff fully utilizing DRL, Low beam and High beam. My concern is the low voltage used to activate the DRL will activate the HID highbeam shield in the projector and thats too bright for a DRL. Because of this dilemma most people do a single projector setup and maintain the halogen DRL/Highbeam. Need to find a way to maintain DRL but still have low and high beam.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My relay came in and I tested - it works!!!! I don't have DRL's anymore.

Everything else works - high beam, low beam, even flashing hi beams!

The p/n you need is 90987-02027. Use this relay to replace the brown relay (p/n 90987-04004) sitting in DRL3 socket.

Thank you Octane!

oh... google the p/n - found my relay on ebay for $6 Shipped.
Found this - will give it a try. If it works, i can wire in the my inner projector on low beam and a XSB Morimoto switchback LED strip for the DRL. This will allow me to have DRL, High beam and low beam!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure enough - relay came in and it works!

Remove this brown relay

IMG_1172.jpg

Swapped it with this blue 90987-02027

IMG_1173.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See if you can find a set of ecodes - European/Asian 3G Rav4's have OEM projectors. I got a set on my RAV4. My write up is somewhere on here sans pictures.

Eurospec projectors are very nice, especially over the us spec oem. But I like the look of the 2009 and newer headlights over the 2006-08, plus they weren't quad projectors. I'm looking and doing a quad MH1 retrofit in a 2009-2012 sport housing, doing some custom bezel paint and using a switchback LED strip to assist with the HID low beam wired as my DRL and the turn signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts