Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Rav4.

Got the P1155 (Sensor 1 Bank 2). I just want to make sure it's the sensor, before I start throwing money down the black hole.

Fuses and EFI relay checked ok. Probed the black wires for the heater circuit on the sensor and got 2.6 ohms, which I read is supposed to be the correct value of a working sensor. But, then I watched a video of a more thorough diagnosis, and the mechanic got 0 ohms and said "That's what you should expect", but didn't say for a good sensor or a bad sensor.

So, what is the correct ohms value for the heating circuit of a properly functioning A/F sensor? And do I test it with the engine on or off? I get different values: 2.6 ohms with engine off. 0.0 with engine running.

I also back-probed the sensor connector and got 3.3v on the blue wire, and 3.0v on the white wire.

Also, does anyone have a link to information on how to check ECM voltage output to the sensor?

Now I know why mechanics charge so much and drink.

·
Super Moderator
10,128 Posts
I can't answer your question specifically but to get 0 ohms the guy must have been measuring the short circuit between his ears. :wall

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Dyno: Jump ahead to the 6:20 point of the video.

https://youtu.be/34cNb8GJ5RA

You'll have to copy/paste to your URL window. Rav4Word won't let me hyperlink.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2001 Rav4.

Got the P1155 (Sensor 1 Bank 2). I just want to make sure it's the sensor, before I start throwing money down the black hole.

Fuses and EFI relay checked ok. Probed the black wires for the heater circuit on the sensor and got 2.6 ohms, which I read is supposed to be the correct value of a working sensor. But, then I watched a video of a more thorough diagnosis, and the mechanic got 0 ohms and said "That's what you should expect", but didn't say for a good sensor or a bad sensor.

So, what is the correct ohms value for the heating circuit of a properly functioning A/F sensor? And do I test it with the engine on or off? I get different values: 2.6 ohms with engine off. 0.0 with engine running.

I also back-probed the sensor connector and got 3.3v on the blue wire, and 3.0v on the white wire.

Also, does anyone have a link to information on how to check ECM voltage output to the sensor?

Now I know why mechanics charge so much and drink.
Check out this video how Chris fix does it;
https://youtu.be/_Kr-c8eBl5E

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,128 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts