Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have tried to search on here and have not found any info on this. So if I missed it I greatly apologize. But is there something that we can use to protect our seats? My drivers seat is getting some wrinkles/creases in the left side from getting in and out. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Have a great one y’all!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
The owner's manual states specifically not to use alcohol on the seats in the maintenance and care section. But, FWIW, I've used hand sanitizer which is alcohol based to remove pitch from my SofTex seats with no issue.

■Cleaning detergents

●Do not use the following types
of detergent, as they may discolor
the vehicle interior or
cause streaks or damage to
painted surfaces:
• Non-seat portions: Organic substances
such as benzene or
gasoline, alkaline or acidic solutions,
dye, and bleach
• Seats: Alkaline or acidic solutions,
such as thinner, benzene,
and alcohol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owner's manual states specifically not to use alcohol on the seats in the maintenance and care section. But, FWIW, I've used hand sanitizer which is alcohol based to remove pitch from my SofTex seats with no issue.
Thanks Quickdtoo! Just trying to keep the wear down and keep the creases/wrinkles etc out of the material.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Thanks Quickdtoo! Just trying to keep the wear down and keep the creases/wrinkles etc out of the material.
Nothing you put on the Softex will change physical wear, except a seat cover. A certain amount of minor wrinkling is not unexpected with any material, Softex is no different. Softex has been around for quite a few years, (7 maybe), I've never seen anyone report that it wore out. Rips, yes, but that's different.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello all,

I have tried to search on here and have not found any info on this. So if I missed it I greatly apologize. But is there something that we can use to protect our seats? My drivers seat is getting some wrinkles/creases in the left side from getting in and out. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Have a great one y’all!
I use 303 protectant...I used it for boat/marine application. I haven’t found anything better? It’s not greasy and leaves the original look. Yes I’ve used it in the softex..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts