Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people recommend to protect the fabric on a new RAV? Does that scotchguard stuff work well? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Seatcovers. :D Honestly though, my 1998 RAV4 has cloth seats and daily use by a family of 4, and the seats still look brand new. My 3 year old and 22 month old sons drop all kinds of stuff on the back seats and it cleans up decently.

I personally would just use it as is. If you want to upgrade later when the cloth gets a bit worn; there are leather kits available for most makes and models. I have a leather seat kit waiting to be installed when my kids get a little older and don't make too much of a mess. :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I don't think seat covers are recommended on the front seats because of the side air bags (but I'm not sure). However, for the back seats that sounds like a good idea - (I have a kids as well :))

·
Registered
113 Posts
My mom had installed on her new Escape and Focus, Teflon treatment. Focus is already 5 years old and the seats looks still good. That's why she treated also the 3 months old escape.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the package we got with our new RAV4...it came with Fabric Guard. According to the salesman...if we spill something on it, it should wipe right off, and if it doesn't...they will clean it for us free or replace it. A nice plus if you ask me! (Of course, hopefully the salesman wasn't tell us a bunch of bologney! LOL).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I put scotchguard on ours. Plan to eventuallly get some seat covers for it, but need to find some that will work with the airbags. Have generally found that aftermarket stuff isn't readily available for the 2006 RAV yet.Still a bit new.

·
Registered
379 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
How about 3M Scotchguard for carpet or something like that. Here's a link :arrow: 3M Scotchguard Carpet Protector
Don't know if it works for the seats though :?
: :D Being somewhat of a chemist Scothgard the brand name is just liquid latex in a propellant which dries on contact, then the liquid latex hardens. It should work just fine that's what I am going to put on my Limited cloth interior. Just remember to reaaply about every 10-12 months as it will wear off from sliding in and out. Who would want to pay the $699 for the Toyo Guard Plus, when 3M is the ONLY manufacture of liquid latex.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a new limited on order, read on the 'TOYOTA NATION' forum
under Tacomas that the wet okales ? felt kind of spongy somehow losing the feel of the seat, I'm interested because of a bad back, what do they feel like compared to the cloth seats?
Thx

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
I have the Wet Okoles, I really like the feel, very comfortable, you can also get several options incl a pneumatic lumbar support, check out their web site. Mine were $275, and they've already paid for themselves, my huntin buddy spilled his coffee on em, no stain whatsoever!

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts